[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Current preRelease:

https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases/tag/build-master-279

# Bug fixes

- We've fixed an old issue where unloading a vessel can cause a log spamming with KeyNotFoundException

- We'll now log the current RT FileVersion to the ksp.log

- Stations will now properly re-registered as a station after unloading/undocking

- Stations will now properly registered as a station even if the first part is not the Remote Guidance Unit

- Fix for loading a RemoteTech EventCommand like "activate antenna"

Any feedback are welcome ;)

the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qfmjpygq91wkdk/KSP.log?dl=0

and somehow ksp wouldn't take screenshots..... trying to fix now (aswell)

EDIT: i found the problem although idon't know why it is the problem: normally i download the game from steam and copy the complete game folder to my program files, the copy i use for mods the one from steam i ussually leave clean (as i did before i tried this fix). i fixed the problem by instead of using the copy for remote tech, i now used the steam original and for one reason or the other it worked. (yay!)

but thx for all the support guys :D

Edited by light_odin5

the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qfmjpygq91wkdk/KSP.log?dl=0

and somehow ksp wouldn't take screenshots..... trying to fix now (aswell)

hmm i can't see any part loading for remotetech ... please also take a screenshot of your RemoteTech folder that we can see where it is.

Edited by Peppie23

Hi! With the recent version 1.6.2, I can steer my vessel instantanously without the signal delay (WASD + Throttle controls).

Is that on purpose? I'm pretty sure that was not possible in older (1.5?) versions.

Hi! With the recent version 1.6.2, I can steer my vessel instantanously without the signal delay (WASD + Throttle controls).

Is that on purpose? I'm pretty sure that was not possible in older (1.5?) versions.

I've just tested this and could not reproduce. Mostly the cause for this is using probe cores that are not implementing moduleSPU. They will be registered as a valid control source, giving the vessel local control (meaning instantaneus control) even when there is no crew.

I searched the thread but couldn't find the answer, probably because I'm searching the wrong words because I guess this has been asked a million times, so sorry for being the 10^6+1

Can a dish antenna be used as a bridge?

meaning the signal goes from DishA to DishB to DishC (as long as both A and C are inside the cone of B, but A cant reach C for whatever reason)

- - - Updated - - -

I had the same problem, it's most likely because you have a probe core which is not recognized by RemoteTech

Just make a .cfg file with this inside

@PART[partname]:FOR[RemoteTech]{

%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {

}

}

Replace partname with the name of the probe core you want to use (you can find it in the .cfg file of that part)

It worked for me

Heya,

having RSS installed seems to break the integrated 3km omni functionality from Remote Tech. The modules seem to get added to the probecores, however there is no connection established. Removing RSS resolves the issue, I could not find anything messing with RT specifically though at a first glance, so I am at loss as to what causes it.

KSP is 64bit, OS is linux Ubuntu.

Player.log, Screenshot

Thanks for any help in advance!

Edited by Tellion

Hi. I just started playing career mode with remote tech and I have comms on my spacecraft but whenever I press crew report it says no comms device on this vessel. I can't even transmit from the launchpad. Is this a glitch?

Hi. I just started playing career mode with remote tech and I have comms on my spacecraft but whenever I press crew report it says no comms device on this vessel. I can't even transmit from the launchpad. Is this a glitch?

I believe you have to manually open the antenna and have a connection for it to work. It won't automatically open up the antenna, transmit the data, and then close the antenna like the stock game does.

Heya,

having RSS installed seems to break the integrated 3km omni functionality from Remote Tech. The modules seem to get added to the probecores, however there is no connection established. Removing RSS resolves the issue, I could not find anything messing with RT specifically though at a first glance, so I am at loss as to what causes it.

KSP is 64bit, OS is linux Ubuntu.

Player.log, Screenshot

Thanks for any help in advance!

RSS changes the latitude and longitude of the launch site, but the config file that moves RT's ground stations is part of Realism Overhaul. If you're playing RSS without Realism Overhaul, you're probably a lot more than 3 km from the nearest ground station.

RSS changes the latitude and longitude of the launch site, but the config file that moves RT's ground stations is part of Realism Overhaul. If you're playing RSS without Realism Overhaul, you're probably a lot more than 3 km from the nearest ground station.

Ahh, thank you very much! This slipped past me because I initially noticed it on 64k, where the RT ground station is at the right place visually, but apparently still further than 3km away ._.

Ahh, thank you very much! This slipped past me because I initially noticed it on 64k, where the RT ground station is at the right place visually, but apparently still further than 3km away ._.

64k tries to match the RT ground stations to the launch sites, but the numbers in LaunchSites.cfg don't quite match up with the ones for RemoteTech. The coordinates in the current GitHub master put KSC's RT station about 0.17 degrees west and 0.06 degrees south of KSC's origin. On the bigger planet, that's in the neighborhood of 12 or 13 km.

I'm getting an odd warning, that prevents me from time warping. It states: "[Flight Computer] Throttling back time warp...". Currently I'm on minimus trying to refuel an unmanned tanker. Tanker has a probe core, fuel extractor/processor is a manned vehicle, linked together with pipes from KAS. Everything is stationary. I have a base 442m away, so within physics range. The only post I found regarding this problem mentioned physics range, so I felt it bears mentioning.

Can anyone explain why the flight computer won't let me fast forward?

Edit: As one of the two ships has a probe core, I thought I'd try going eva and just warping outside the joined vehicles as a work around. I guess space suits have a flight computer too, because I still have the same problem! :/ Also went to the base to see if I could fastfoward from there, and couldn't. Seems like an oversight, or is this WAD? :)

Edit 2: Um...ok now it doesn't make any sense at all. I just flew the kerbal who was manning the refueller/tanker combo back to the base. NOW I can fastforward? The only thing that's changed is it's unmanned.

Edited by Vladthemad

Does anyone know anything concrete about the current state of RemoteTech+kOS working together?

(I absolutely love these mods, and I have the utmost respect for their devs. But I wonder if the devs of either mod realize these two should really go together? Are they on speaking terms with each other?)

The reason I'm confused right now is because this thread says "RemoteTech is not yet compatible" with kOS, but kOS 0.15.6 changelog says it "Fixes RemoteTech Integration". So what's the deal now?

I'm getting an odd warning, that prevents me from time warping. It states: "[Flight Computer] Throttling back time warp...". Currently I'm on minimus trying to refuel an unmanned tanker. Tanker has a probe core, fuel extractor/processor is a manned vehicle, linked together with pipes from KAS. Everything is stationary. I have a base 442m away, so within physics range. The only post I found regarding this problem mentioned physics range, so I felt it bears mentioning.

Can anyone explain why the flight computer won't let me fast forward?

Edit: As one of the two ships has a probe core, I thought I'd try going eva and just warping outside the joined vehicles as a work around. I guess space suits have a flight computer too, because I still have the same problem! :/ Also went to the base to see if I could fastfoward from there, and couldn't. Seems like an oversight, or is this WAD? :)

Edit 2: Um...ok now it doesn't make any sense at all. I just flew the kerbal who was manning the refueller/tanker combo back to the base. NOW I can fastforward? The only thing that's changed is it's unmanned.

Either you have a craft that has a part with 2 SPU modules or you have a manned flight with a part that has an SPU. They conflict eachother. You by chance are not using the KSO flight computer are you?

I've just tested this and could not reproduce. Mostly the cause for this is using probe cores that are not implementing moduleSPU. They will be registered as a valid control source, giving the vessel local control (meaning instantaneus control) even when there is no crew.

Which probes would that be? It's a stock Probodyne HECS probe. I don't know which modules it implements, but I assume RemoteTech guys took care of stock control sources?

So I finally got the "Cover Everything" satellite mission, and used MechJeb to place my first satellite in geosynchronous orbit above the KSC by circularising at the right altitude, then using "Change surface longitude of apsis" to put it in the right position, before circularising again. I seem to be in the right place, but it's still not activating the "Directly above KSC" location in the optional mission parameters. Here's a screenshot below:

IU4aMvf.jpg

I'm not sure how I could get it any closer without losing my 0 degree inclination. What am I doing wrong?