[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Dear god... That cfg is a NIGHTMARE to look at! To whoever wrote that: USE YOUR ENTER KEY FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD!!!!

He did. He just used a platform that uses a different line end convention from yours. Use notepad++ it will automatically detect the convention use and format it correctly.

He did. He just used a platform that uses a different line end convention from yours. Use notepad++ it will automatically detect the convention use and format it correctly.

I use wordpad so you may be right but that is the only set of cfgs that I have ever seen that happen with before.

I use wordpad so you may be right but that is the only set of cfgs that I have ever seen that happen with before.

I've seen it many many times. The thing is windows is the odd one out requiring an extra character for line ends so many programs defensively just add it anyway.

MS products suck....Notepad is too simple most of the time, and Wordpad's formatting tools (or the lack there of) suck...And I cant STAND the random 1x, 1.5x, and 2x line spacing...

Since I use spreadsheets a lot also, I use LibreOffice's Calc and Writer. LibreOffice is the best all-in-one platform for replacing MS Office products.

MS products suck....Notepad is too simple most of the time, and Wordpad's formatting tools (or the lack there of) suck...And I cant STAND the random 1x, 1.5x, and 2x line spacing...

Since I use spreadsheets a lot also, I use LibreOffice's Calc and Writer. LibreOffice is the best all-in-one platform for replacing MS Office products.

I know there are a lot of people that do not like MS because it's not apple or linux (and it's fine), I tried using libre office for work but went back to MS excel because it had features that just weren't supported in libre.

notepad is good enough for whatever need I have, and yes... wordpad sucks 100% can't say otherwise, I just use it to open the files mentioned above that do not open in notepad (and even then I just open the file, press "save" and close wordpad because now it will open fine with notepad). sure there are (a lot of) text editors which are (a lot) better than notepad, I just never needed it so bad to make me go and download one

Edited by Sigma88

Hi, I'm using remote tech as part of realism overhaul. I have the issue that I cannot really use the flight computer on any of my probes because it controls way too agressively - basically unable to hold any attitudeespecially during manouvers because it overshoots and oscillates violently.

is there any way to tune down the control coefficients used by the flight computer to more sane values? maybe even on a per probe basis (A very big and possibly fragile station/interplanetary vessel with only small attitude thrusters would need much lower control input than a very manouverable ship)

Hi, I'm using remote tech as part of realism overhaul. I have the issue that I cannot really use the flight computer on any of my probes because it controls way too agressively - basically unable to hold any attitudeespecially during manouvers because it overshoots and oscillates violently.

is there any way to tune down the control coefficients used by the flight computer to more sane values? maybe even on a per probe basis (A very big and possibly fragile station/interplanetary vessel with only small attitude thrusters would need much lower control input than a very manouverable ship)

I find that disabling the gimbal on your motor (might need Tweakable Everything) and switching to precise controls help with this.

Licensing question, sorry if this is a dumb one (very new to this stuff.

I'm interested in trying to make a mod for wireless power transmission, with similar network setup to remote tech's. What's the licensing status of your source code? Would I be allowed to use some of it?

From the first page:

The source code for RemoteTech is licensed under GPL version 2. The part models are not licensed to the general public and may not be redistributed without permission from their original creators.

GPL2 basically means you can use the code, but if you do, you must also license your mod with GPL2.

You can't re-use the dishes or other parts.

Not sure if this has been answered, I didn't have time to read through all 240 pgs of this thread, and I can't find any definitive answer with a Google search, can omnidirectional antennae connect to more than one target at a time? Or I guess can any of the antennae or dishes do that? For example if I want to make a relay satellite for keosynchronous orbit, would I need two omnidirectionals on each satellite (for the one above ksc, one to target the next satellite in the ring, one to target ksc) or would just one work?

Not sure if this has been answered, I didn't have time to read through all 240 pgs of this thread, and I can't find any definitive answer with a Google search, can omnidirectional antennae connect to more than one target at a time? Or I guess can any of the antennae or dishes do that? For example if I want to make a relay satellite for keosynchronous orbit, would I need two omnidirectionals on each satellite (for the one above ksc, one to target the next satellite in the ring, one to target ksc) or would just one work?

One omnidirectional antenna would work if you want to connect to one or multiple antennas, just make sure both ends have an antenna which range covers the other. And you can connect to multiple antennas with dishes too, anything that is in the cone will have connection. The target is just to help you point the antenna to the desired direction, for example, if you target a dish on Kerbin to Duna then it can probably connect to all the satellites near Duna.

for the keosynchronous orbit I usually use 1 communotron 32 on each satellite, and I put 5 satellites in orbit.

that's enough to get the connection between all the satellites

if you want to use less you will need to use dishes (IIRC)

anyway each antenna can connect with as many antennas you want, as long as the two antennas are close enough and inside the cone of the signal (for dishes)

I need this mod! Playing without Remote Tech would probably feel like cheating after all the time I've spent with it. Take your time and don't abandon us! :wink:

Even if He does abandon the mod RemoteTech will live on like it always has. How many mod teams have taken this mod over over the past three years or so? Five?

Even if He does abandon the mod RemoteTech will live on like it always has. How many mod teams have taken this mod over over the past three years or so? Five?

It's certainly been passed around. I wouldn't be surprised if the code's comments have some sort of gnarly STD.