[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

I really love this mode, one of the mods i can not start career without. I tried dev 323 and its looking fine. I tested science through relay thing, it works for me.

If you are having trouble with prob cores not being RT ready I made a Module Manager cfg file that helps a ton.

This MM code that I use looks for any unmanned command pod that does not have the SPU module in it already.

Note I made this for 0.90 so if there has be to big of changes to MM this may need to be fixed.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[0]],!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
TechRequired = unmannedTech
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

For KSP specific information, here is a good starting point on the forums: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forums/30-Plugin-Development-Help-and-Support

Unity documentation: http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/

Also, you'll need to know C# programming language. Not sure of any good starting places for that other than Google search (I learned from knowing Java, a very similar language).

As for RemoteTech, I'd like to thank everyone that's been contributing on getting this mod up to date! Looking forward to having it back.

I've been thinking about running a Remotetech-enabled career, but haven't taken the plunge. Would those of you able to run it on the latest KSP build advise waiting for a proper update, or is it pretty much playable right now?

Lol, it has not been 2 days since release, unless you are sponsoring the modders that make this marvellous mod, you should try some patience, they are doing this in their free time. There will be an update eventually and I sincerely doubt that there will be another mod that will be as awesome as this one.

I am patient, and i love it that these guys do it in their free time, i was just wondering. And yes this is an awesome mod, but maybe there was a less awesome alternative.

I thought forums were made to ask questions and talk, if i can't ask questions without being unrespectfull and inpatient (according to you), there is a problem.

Thanks for the answer by the way :)

moon resources not showing up, is it this mod? I hit scan surfuce and data gets transmitted but can see it anywhere. Tried removing tech mod but scan ship disappears.

(edit---It is the mod, just did a scan without it, also any ship i build with airstream protective shell disappears with this mod.

Edited by joe4444

If you are having trouble with prob cores not being RT ready I made a Module Manager cfg file that helps a ton.

This MM code that I use looks for any unmanned command pod that does not have the SPU module in it already.

Note I made this for 0.90 so if there has be to big of changes to MM this may need to be fixed.

---SNIP---

Vascar, great patch! It works like a charm with ONE exception: for some reason, it breaks RoverDude's Sounding Rockets connection at the first stages of a career save rendering them useless (they work on Sandbox mode, don't know why).

I've tried to exclude every part named "SR_*", changing the selection rule to:

• @PART[ *]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[0],!name[sR_*]],!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:Final
  • @PART[ *]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[0],!#name[sR_*]],!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:Final
  • @PART[!SR_*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[0]],!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:Final
  • @PART[ *]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[0]],!MODULE[ModuleSPU]],!PART[sR_*]:Final
  • @PART[ *]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[0]],!MODULE[ModuleSPU]],!HAS[#name[sR_*]]:Final

But I was not successful. Can you help me?

Vascar, great patch! It works like a charm with ONE exception: for some reason, it breaks RoverDude's Sounding Rockets connection at the first stages of a career save rendering them useless (they work on Sandbox mode, don't know why).

You need to put an antenna on them and early in career mode you really don't have a suitable antenna. Use this MM cfg that's made for Sounding Rockets.

https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/blob/develop/GameData/RemoteTech/RemoteTech_SoundingRockets_Probes.cfg

It adds a 100km omni antenna to the SoundingRockets.

Hello, I realy like the Remote Mod an flight many Missions with it, but i don't want to build a new interplanetary network again. Can I somehow use the Flight Computer inside the mod without the other stuff?

You need to put an antenna on them and early in career mode you really don't have a suitable antenna. Use this MM cfg that's made for Sounding Rockets.

https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/blob/develop/GameData/RemoteTech/RemoteTech_SoundingRockets_Probes.cfg

It adds a 100km omni antenna to the SoundingRockets.

Thanks for your fast response!

Based on it, I went for another approach, though:

• I removed the "Final" clause from Vascar's MM patch;
  • I added the following patch (with the same "Final" clause), to undo what the previous patch had just done, returning the Sounding Rockets to what RoverDude had designed.

@PART[SR_ProbeCore]:Final
{
!MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
!MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] {}
}

It's quite BLUNT (maybe even stupid), I know. But I can't see another option. If you do, can you point me in the right direction? Isn't there a way to just exclude SR_ProbeCore from Vascar's patch?

I can't send completed research from a lab with RT enabled. It is bouncing across at least one other satellite. Haven't had any other problems send research back to Kerbin, just seems to be when I send it from a Lab. Removed the mod and was able to send the data fine. I am using Dev build 327.

I don't understand nothing to coding, exept the fact it takes time to work. I really want this mod to work but, after reading those previous comments, just want to thank all of you guys, take the time needed, keep up the good work.

Hi,

I have a question. Is it possible to implement something like a "command/action battery"? What i mean by "command/action battery" is, that the commands you do (extend panels, throttle control, etc.) need "command/action points". These are stored in the "command/action battery" (like a HDD). When command your probe/vessel you use up your "command/action points" (like the SAS draining your normal battery). If you run out of points, your probe becomes inaktive (like having no signal or no electricity). You can "recharge" your "command/action battery" with a connection to your control center. It would work like solar panels recharging the battery, but with the signal delay we have in the current system. The "recharging" would be cut as soon as you lose the signal (range or moon/planet shadow). I hope you get where im heading to. I dont want to make RT into easy mode. Right now we have two opitons: signal delay on or off. My suggestion is somewhere in the middle. Since I like signal delay, because it gives me a sense of how far I´m away from kerbin, but once you got like 30 sec delay and more, things like multi probe ships are a bit sluggish. Automating things like landing, ascending, activation of engines or action groups with kOS, smartparts, and landertron are fun, but once you´ve set them up, its basicly hitting the "go" button and sit back. Thats the point where it gets a bit boring for me. KOS, smartparts and the flight computer aren´t made useless. You could make them not use the "action points" and keep the "command battery" "charged" for unpredicted corrections/fine adjustments. SAS would be seen as one command. SAS control don´t drain your "battery".

PRO:

- easy to get used to

- keep signal delay without having command delay

- limited control without signal

- "player needs to do the job"

- less "AI/computer fail"

CON:

- use of kOS, smartparts and fight computer are reduced

Example:

1. I have signal connection. The signal delay is 10 seconds. My "battery" is full. I control my probe. The "battery" drains. After 10 seconds my "battery" recharges with x "points" per second (Note: For balance: More drain than recharge.). I stop commanding. "Battery" charges up. "Battery" is fully charged. I command the probe. Recharging starts 10 seconds later. And so on...

2. I have signal connection. The signal delay is 10 seconds. My "battery" is full. I control my probe. The "battery" drains. After 10 seconds my "battery" recharges with x "points" per second. I lose connection. Immidate recharge halt. I recieve signal. Recharge starts after 10 seconds.

3. The signal delay is 10 seconds. The connection window would be 9 seconds. Result: You dont get any recharge.

I hope you get my idea (and like it). In case this has been already suggested and rejected, I apolagize. I wouldn´t want to play KSP without RT. Thats why I hope this idea will get implemented. It could be a game mode (like signal delay on/off) so people who don´t like it, don´t need to play it.

Best regards

Koprolith

@ Koprolith

The only thing I know of that might help is the mod AmpYear Power Manager. I haven't experimented with it myself yet, but all my 'must have' mods aren't quite ready for 1.0.2. So I'm idling along in sandbox checking out the changes from .90.