[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

So Gfurst, are you using Sounding Rockets and is that what is not working?

Nope, just to be clear its with the stock stayputnik and modular rocket systems probe( which also has a proper compatibility in its part cfg).

Since I've installed in my career I'm sure I've activated the probe perk in the first node of the research tech, I'll have to look better to be sure, report later.

Gfurst , probe perk is in first node only if there is sounding rockets installed and it's misplaced there as real effect of this perk unlocks with unmanned tech - that button is only a decoration while all the hard work is done in part configs. There may be more mods with intentions to move perk button to start node but if they don't change part configs as well it worth nothing.

Did you mean to post that here? Doesn't seem like it is related to RemoteTech.

Uh. Yes? If you check infinite eva fuel in the f12 cheat menu rt ignores planets being in the way when calculating signal path. I'm just wondering if there is a persistant rt settings option to enable this.

I would like to use this mod in combination with SETI ctt, but as i start my career and try to launch a probe, i can't do anything. I tried with 4 commutron-16 and batteries attached, but it can't receive any command,

is this a problem with your mod or is this a seti ctt issue?

I had 4 around the equator, but once the satellite got above a certain height i would loose connectivity with the comsats..

Then you need dishes.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to use this mod in combination with SETI ctt, but as i start my career and try to launch a probe, i can't do anything. I tried with 4 commutron-16 and batteries attached, but it can't receive any command,

is this a problem with your mod or is this a seti ctt issue?

Are you even able to activate the C-16s? Without a built in probe antenna or the DP-10 you won't have any connection at the start to be able to deploy the C-16s, which would then fall off when you launched anyway. Oh the launch clamps also have an always on antenna built in too, but once you launch they will be gone too. Your only option is the DP-10.

i found the reason, had a mod installed which created different launch sites, therefor the destination to ksc was to high, deinstalled the other mod, now it works

Then you need dishes.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you even able to activate the C-16s? Without a built in probe antenna or the DP-10 you won't have any connection at the start to be able to deploy the C-16s, which would then fall off when you launched anyway. Oh the launch clamps also have an always on antenna built in too, but once you launch they will be gone too. Your only option is the DP-10.

RemoteTech is not yet compatible with either of the two full-featured autopilot mods, MechJeb and kOS.

:blush:;.;

Well I guess I like designing and building spacecraft more than I like flying them... waiting patiently until it works with MechJeb.

Hope everyone here doesn't mind the bit of self-promotion, but the entire concept of the following mod came about because of my use of Remote Tech. Just a few weeks ago I released the Simple Orbit Calculator, which is an in-game tool that can calculate the remaining orbital elements from entering pre-defined ones (for example, you want an orbit around Jool with a 6hr orbital period and a periapsis altitude of 250 km, my calculator will calculate the apoapsis, semi-major axis, periapsis speed, and more based on those two inputs). This allows those that want to place their satellites into very specific orbits to be able to easily calculate these orbital elements without the need to do the calculations by hand or through external tools (excel sheets, etc.). One of the main benefits of the in-game tool I have wrote is that it pulls the physical and orbital characteristics of all the known celestial bodies directly from the game, so it automatically accounts for any solar system changes that would come from mods like Kopernicus (Outer Planets Mod and the upcoming RSS being examples). Also, specifically with Remote Tech in mind, the tool will also calculate the theoretical maximum time spent in darkness, so you can plan your solar panels and batteries accordingly. I hope anyone here finds it useful!

I have a bug that I wanted to check if there was any input before I report it. I searched through the thread and the bug report page and didn't find anything. Here is a screenshot http://imgur.com/1ht5pnX of my connection to KSC through Kerbin. Here is a screenshot http://imgur.com/LrbRHa9of the probe, all stock parts except the antenna. I'm about ready to do a clean install because I want to use this mod so bad.

Edited by artemisrain

The bug I experienced a few pages ago was solved after reinstalling RemoteTech.

Is there any way to activate/deactivate antennas through the RemoteTech UI? If not, I feel like that might be a good feature later on.

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot about action groups.

Edited by damnfan

I have a bug that I wanted to check if there was any input before I report it. I searched through the thread and the bug report page and didn't find anything. Here is a screenshot http://imgur.com/1ht5pnX of my connection to KSC through Kerbin. Here is a screenshot http://imgur.com/LrbRHa9of the probe, all stock parts except the antenna. I'm about ready to do a clean install because I want to use this mod so bad.
Hi artemisrain,

please hit ALT+F12 and disable "infinitely EVA" ... this is an "hidden" cheat option for remoteTech

Edit: Bug#137 : https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/137

This release seems to cause a HUGE spike in memory use, inevitably causing OOM crashes after a few minutes at high warp. Not sure what to make of it, but it definitely points to being RT related.

This release seems to cause a HUGE spike in memory use, inevitably causing OOM crashes after a few minutes at high warp. Not sure what to make of it, but it definitely points to being RT related.

Hi Bloodbunny, can you please open an issue on our Bugtracker: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues, how to reproduce, your mod list and your log file right after the ksp crash. So that i can fix this problem quickly. thx

Is there a good way to accurately build a sequence? Like for a landing without a connection? I know you can set signal delay but it is from when you click the button. While this is doable, its pretty annoying building a long sequence.

Forgive me if this has been covered previously.

Also, is there planned to incorporate RT-XF or is there still ethics/personality-conflict preventing this?

As the RT-XF maintainer, I just wanted to mention there's no ethics/personality conflict going on. Personality-wise, we don't know each other. Ethically, RT-XF is a licence-compliant fork of RT, and I offered my code as a pull request back to the main RT project (with the XF-style behavior turned off by default in the configs), but they didn't want it.

Basically, the RT devs feel that a cardinal rule of RT is "you can't do anything without a connection." The ability to control an antenna and re-establish connection violates that rule. So I think they're working on a more "hands free" mode, where the probe can go into an autotargeting mode.

In other words, no drama or anything is going on. They just didn't want the RT-XF options. :)

Edited by Pharylon