[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Currently, whenever a Flight Computer maneuver is complete, my satellites go into 'Kill Rotation' mode. I think this is the intended result. I would prefer it to go into SAS. When queueing SAS to trigger in the flight computer it does NOT go into SAS. (It flashes for a moment..but stays off) I must manually click the X on 'kill rotation' and then I can enable SAS.

Is this normal, or do I have mod conflicting somewhere? I'd love a 'do nothing' option to queue up as I think that may solve the issue.

I routinely disable one battery on my probes to keep as a reserve. Even if you don't have a connection, you can enable the battery again at a later time and take whatever action (like rotating your craft) that is necessary. Think of it as a reserve battery.

You dirty cheater! I do that too!!!

I guess that real satellites must have some dedicated sw for attitude control, since antennas are very dependent on it. We're lucky to have kos, but as someone mentioned it won't go on rails.

You dirty cheater! I do that too!!!

I guess that real satellites must have some dedicated sw for attitude control, since antennas are very dependent on it. We're lucky to have kos, but as someone mentioned it won't go on rails.

they do :) And automated RCS for automatic station keeping to keep them in their intended orbits (which is the reason satellites have often a short lifespan, they're restricted by the amount of RCS fuel on board rather than failure of their electronics).

Is anyone else having problems with probes having no connection at launch even though they should have a short omni? I always have to put a reflectron on.

If you are in career mode, then you don't get the built-in 3km antenna until you research Unmanned Tech.

Hi all,

New problem for me, although I swear I read about it previously here. My search-fu is weak this morning though, so please bear with me.

I have just built a station that will be bound for solar orbit. Plan is for one scientist to be aboard, and then have him return via a Mk 1 Command Capsule. The station, although unmanned, has a OKTO probe core hiding in it. The return capsule has a Stayputnik (so that I can use the flight control computer to setup my return course). I use KCT and I was running a simulated launch to test out my build. Everything went fine... made it into orbit, etc, then ran into some problems unrelated to RT 2. Went back into the editor, fixed the problems, and then restarted the sim already in orbit at 100km (I just wanted to check my return capsule. My intrepid scientist boarded the capsule and then undocked and prepared to go home: and here is where the RT 2 weirdness began.

I brought the flight computer up and attempted to orient my vessel. No go. Checked and realized I had locked off the power on the core and my capsule (I keep the return capsule cold and dark to make sure I always start the return flight with full power and supplies, regardless of whether my solar panels are providing power). Restored power and tried again. No go. Checked the map and saw I had a connection to KSC (which shouldn't matter; I should still be able to use the flight computer in local control mode as long as I have a core with SPU on board, or so I understand). Nothing I did made a difference--clicking orientation buttons on the flight control computer put a notation in the queue, but didn't have an actual effect, and setting a maneuver node and hitting EXEC did nothing at all. And yes, I was manually able to control both thrust and rotation, so it was not a matter of an engine or reaction wheel issue.

It seems to me that having more than one core has confused RT, but this is not the first multi-core vessel I've launched, and it *is* the first time I've experienced this issue.

Thoughts?

Logs and craft file here: http://1drv.ms/1KnqcMV Craft should be stock plus surface lights, KIS, Real Chute, and Universal Storage.

RasterPropMonitor-Core v0.20.0

UniversalStorage 1.1.0.4

xScience 4.4

surfacelights 1.0

ModuleRCSFX v4.1

PilotAssistant 1.10.0

USI-EXP 0.4.1

KSP-AVC 1.1.5.0

ScienceAlert 1.8.7

FirespitterCore v7.1.3

KerbalAlarmClock v3.3.2.1

CommunityResourcePack 0.4.2

ProceduralFairings v3.14

Chatterer 0.9.5

TacFuelBalancer v2.5.1

TACLS v0.11.1.20

DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.2

TriggerAu-Flags 2.7.1.0

Toolbar 1.7.9

AlternateResourcePanel 2.7.1.0

TACLS-Config-Stock v0.11.1.20

RealChute 1.3.2.3

ShipManifest 4.3.0.2

KerbalEngineerRedux 1.0.16.6

FinalFrontier 0.8.2-1285

PlanetShine 0.2.3.1

AviationLights 3.7

KerbalConstructionTime 1.1.7

StationScience 1.5

PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.3.1

DistantObject-default v1.5.5

DistantObject v1.5.5

USITools 0.4.1

PreciseNode 1.1.3

DavonSupplyMod 014

SAVE 1.0.1-672

TransferWindowPlanner v1.3.0.1

KerbalNRAP 1.5.0.4

WaypointManager 2.3.2

EditorExtensions 2.8

KAS 0.5.2

StageRecovery 1.5.6

ModuleManager 2.6.5

AGExt 1.32d

RemoteTech 1.6.5

Fusebox 1.31

RasterPropMonitor v0.20.0

KIS 1.1.5

GCMonitor 1.2.4.0-21

ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic 5-0

ConnectedLivingSpace 1.1.3.0

Protractor v2.5.1

DangIt 0.6.1

SCANsat v12.1

Trajectories v1.3.0a

ModularFlightIntegrator 1.0.repackaged0

RCSBuildAid 0.7.1

SmartStage v2.6.1

DeadlyReentry v7.1.0

If you are in career mode, then you don't get the built-in 3km antenna until you research Unmanned Tech.

That explains it.

Does anyone know of a way to get EVA comms? I saw that it was going to be added but I don't know when. Is it possible to add it myself with MM?

they do :) And automated RCS for automatic station keeping to keep them in their intended orbits (which is the reason satellites have often a short lifespan, they're restricted by the amount of RCS fuel on board rather than failure of their electronics).

Yeey orbital decays! I'd like to have that.

That explains it.

Does anyone know of a way to get EVA comms? I saw that it was going to be added but I don't know when. Is it possible to add it myself with MM?

There was some kas related science backpack container, can't be more specific now since googling in the phone is a pain. It's very limited though, not meant for relaying signals.

There was some kas related science backpack container, can't be more specific now since googling in the phone is a pain. It's very limited though, not meant for relaying signals.

You probably mean the KIS/EVA Portable Science Container and Transmitter v1.3 from Zorbaq... and it *can* transmit science.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/106562-1-0-2-KIS-EVA-Portable-Science-Container-and-Transmitter-v1-3?highlight=backpack+science

Question, how to make a probe core autometus / independent from remotetech, as if it a kerbal is inside? It's for artificial inteligent pods

usually RT compatibility for probes is handled via MM with a code more or less like this:

@PART[RTShortAntenna1]:FOR[RemoteTech]

{

%TechRequired = flightControl

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {

%IsRTActive = true

%Mode0OmniRange = 0

%Mode1OmniRange = 500000

%EnergyCost = 0.01

%TRANSMITTER {

%PacketInterval = 0.3

%PacketSize = 2

%PacketResourceCost = 15.0

}

}

%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}

}

if you remove the red line RT will not recognize the part as a "probe core" and so you will be able to use the core as if you didnt have RT installed

If you want, you can make a new part copying the part.cfg file for that part (make sure you go inside the cfg and change the name of the part)

since *generally* you need a MM patch to add RT compatibility you *should* be fine

Intrestring. Does ModuleSPU have some field that allows me to enable/disable this behavior by code? I want the part to evolve, getting self concious as you meet certain conditions..

Edited by FreeThinker

Intrestring. Does ModuleSPU have some field that allows me to enable/disable this behavior by code? I want the part to evolve, getting self concious as you meet certain conditions..

you can write a MM config that will remove the ModuleSPU after you unlock a certain technology in the tech tree, basically it will behave like a normal RT probe core untill you unlock the technology and then it will switch to a "yellow signal" (like when you have kerbals onboard)

I've never done it but I don't think this will be difficult to do. You can look at how the RemoteTech config for adding the 3km antenna to probecores work (that antenna is unlocked in the tech tree) and start from there.

a last warning:

when you remove the moduleSPU you will lose the possibility of using the remotetech flight computer, so if you want to use that too you should put another probe core on the ship (so that you can continue using the flight computer even after the "special" probecore has lost the ModuleSPU)

Edited by Sigma88

Are you the guy who wanted a probe core with the texture of a brain? If not, would you consider doing that? I'd use it just for the looks of it.

Are you the guy who wanted a probe core with the texture of brain? If not, would you consider doing that? I'd use it just for the looks of it.

why would you want to use a probecore shaped like a mouse?

alexandermpscho_1401692931_140.jpg

Is there some way to add ground stations other than overwriting the RemoteTech_Settings.cfg file?

maybe using a MM patch or something?

I've tried adding stuff to the RemoteTechSettings {} module with MM in the past without any luck

Is there some way to add ground stations other than overwriting the RemoteTech_Settings.cfg file?

maybe using a MM patch or something?

I've tried adding stuff to the RemoteTechSettings {} module with MM in the past without any luck

You can. Just copy your current RT_Settings file, change the values you want and start KSP. You don't have to override values with MM.

I also use a "own" RTSettings file. I moved this file to: {KSPRoot}/Plugins, to be safe for RemoteTech upgrades via CKAN, try it :wink:

Edit: RefPost: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/83305-1-0-2-RemoteTech-v1-6-5-2015-05-18?p=1931955#post1931955

Edited by Peppie23

Quick question

If I turn off a satellites only transmitter, will I be able to turn it on again?

I ask because I have a contract that won't complete.

The task is to set up a 3 sat network and specifies that all the 3 sats must be connected to each other at all times, which they should be able to it's just I have other sats in orbit, and the signals often seem to prefer routing through these, rather than using all three in the contract network.

I was thinking about turning off the alternatives routers. . . . but am worried I'll them permanently lose them.

You can. Just copy your current RT_Settings file, change the values you want and start KSP. You don't have to override values with MM.

I also use a "own" RTSettings file. I moved this file to: {KSPRoot}/Plugins, to be safe for RemoteTech upgrades via CKAN, try it :wink:

Edit: RefPost: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/83305-1-0-2-RemoteTech-v1-6-5-2015-05-18?p=1931955#post1931955

I was asking because I wasn't sure which is the best way to add ground station as a mod, I was hoping there was a way to do it from a different folder than RemoteTech but still inside GameData. I have looked at other mods that add ground stations and all of them have a custom RT_Settings file which upon installation will overwrite the old one. I don't like that solution since it will overwrite any user modification already in place but I'm starting to think it's the only way.

Also, I'm not sure if this is permitted, from the looks of it in the OP it doesn't seems like you have anything against that, but I'd like to hear your opinion anyway (if you have one regarding mods adding/changing functionality to RT)

I always aim to maintain the balance you guys create but I think it's perfectly understandable if you would rather I didn't do anything regardless of what I think is balanced or non-game-disruptive. I'm not here to make enemies :D

Quick question

If I turn off a satellites only transmitter, will I be able to turn it on again?

I ask because I have a contract that won't complete.

The task is to set up a 3 sat network and specifies that all the 3 sats must be connected to each other at all times, which they should be able to it's just I have other sats in orbit, and the signals often seem to prefer routing through these, rather than using all three in the contract network.

I was thinking about turning off the alternatives routers. . . . but am worried I'll them permanently lose them.

Most probe cores have a 2-3km range, you can pass by them within that range with another probe core to regain control of them while in range.