[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Is there a way to schedule opening parachutes etc. with the flight computer?

yes, if you assign these actions to an action group and then enter in the appropriate time delay in the Flight Computer before activating the action group

Hi. I just got Remote Tech, and it seems to work fine, but I have a save that's been going for a while, and I don't want to lose connections to all my probes. Is there a way to activate communications on sattelites that already are in orbit with antennas?

Hi. I just got Remote Tech, and it seems to work fine, but I have a save that's been going for a while, and I don't want to lose connections to all my probes. Is there a way to activate communications on sattelites that already are in orbit with antennas?

You can EVA a kerbal to manually deploy antennas, but most likely your probes won't have a very good connection to Mission Control (blind spots, not in range etc.).

I suggest you install RT, leave the sats "unconscious" for a while, and first build a working comm network before trying to revive them.

Also you might wanna get KAS + KIS to manually install longer-range antenas (or just new functional antennas, in case the old ones don't work for some reason).

You can EVA a kerbal to manually deploy antennas, but most likely your probes won't have a very good connection to Mission Control (blind spots, not in range etc.).

I suggest you install RT, leave the sats "unconscious" for a while, and first build a working comm network before trying to revive them.

Also you might wanna get KAS + KIS to manually install longer-range antenas (or just new functional antennas, in case the old ones don't work for some reason).

There's a mod that allows you to activate and target any antennas, even when the vessel is offline. Can't remember it's name though, and I don't have the laptop with me. It's useful until you get the hang of RT.

Have you considered using a Link budget instead of a hard "range" it would make everything more realistic, also having only one antenna location on the surface of kerbin is a bit odd. IRL we have the DSN for communicating long range, and we have smaller antenna all over the globe for craft that are closer. for reference here is the wikipedia page on link budgets. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_budget

The only thing that it may be difficult to implement is pointing loss

I made a RemoteTech_ModularRocketSystems.cfg with this:

@PART[NBprobeCone1m]:AFTER[ModRocketSys]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {
%IsRTCommandStation = true
%RTCommandMinCrew = 6
}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] {
%TechRequired = unmannedTech
%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

inside it and tried it in both the RemoteTech folder and inside the GameData folder, it worked fine and RT was applied to the probe cone.

http://i.gyazo.com/0dab317060e81f0a76678eb0785d57cd.png

I launched just the cone and it did have a connection.

The big difference in your config and mine is this line specifically:

@PART[NBprobeCone1m]:AFTER[ModRocketSys]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]

That tells ModuleManager to be sure to load ModRocketSys BEFORE it tries to apply any RT modules to the parts.

Ok, sorry for the long wait, 4th of July and all. So I did this and initially I thought it was still broken. However I moved to sandbox mode and it worked.

I then tried to load up a new career and it didn't work. So there is a building that needs to be upgraded I assume. Presumably it is the command center?

Also, thank you very much for being patient with me. I'm one of those crazy people that likes to start career with probes first. Weird concept right? :D

Edited by Gaugeforever

Hello i'm kind of new to remotetech but i think i am sort of getting the hang of it. However, i seem to be having a problem with a satelite i am trying to launch. When i toggle the torque in my probodobodyne, the flight computer refuses to use the winglets i have.. Don't know if this is a bug or if i am doing something wrong.. Please help :/

you probably have the real solar system config installed. You need the normal version of RemoteTech

I used CKAN to install RemoteTech. When I did it for the first time it loaded with RSS config with a bunch of stations in the config file. I found out about that after starting the game with this problem. So i deleted mode and install it again. Config was like on the image below but when i started a new career red dots were all over the place..

ZrJEpkVS7GpXAj.jpg

Hi I used remote tech a very longtime ago and it had a micro satellite and some very cool looking petal type Antenna are these no longer included or supported

The list of included parts is in the documentation.

Hi I used remote tech a very longtime ago and it had a micro satellite and some very cool looking petal type Antenna are these no longer included or supported

Well thats a No and yes there not in RT any more but yes they can be added.

Hello.

I have an idea to remove the concept of a 'local command center' and replace it with local control of any probes by a crewed command pod.

How do I accomplish this?

Do I reduce the requirements for the local command center (from 6 kerbals to 1 kerbal or something), or do I change some property of the command pods somewhere?

I have an idea to remove the concept of a 'local command center' and replace it with local control of any probes by a crewed command pod. How do I accomplish this? Do I reduce the requirements for the local command center (from 6 kerbals to 1 kerbal or something), or do I change some property of the command pods somewhere?

I would try asking also in the RemoteTech XF thread, that being a submod done by people interested in relaxing RT's requirements somewhat.