[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Is it possible to get the flight computer to stage when running out of fuel?

No; for that you want Smart Parts

- - - Updated - - -

So I noticed that my coms like to connect to manned craft over the KSC. Is there a way to force connections to KSC and to ignore manned craft as control stations?

(And no, I'm not using a craft with a Command Station; none of my craft even have 6 kerbals on them)

You can see here that my unmanned probe is connecting to to KSC, but to my lab in orbit around Minmus. That craft has only 4 Kerbals total.

TW6X8VJ.png

- - - Updated - - -

So apparently ALL of my probes have "Remote Command capable (2+ crew)" listed in the description. Anyone know how that's possible?

Edited by ibanix

Hi! Loving this mod, but I was wondering if it possible to delay the feed from videos? Im trying a RO/RSS playthrough, and for that extra realism feeling it would be great if the video feed suffered the same delay. Im using Hullcam for cameras.

Thanks!

Hi! Loving this mod, but I was wondering if it possible to delay the feed from videos? Im trying a RO/RSS playthrough, and for that extra realism feeling it would be great if the video feed suffered the same delay. Im using Hullcam for cameras.

Thanks!

I don't know much about Hullcam, but I am guessing this would be hard. It's one thing to delay control inputs, it's a whole other thing to delay (and therefore store) a video feed. (Or be recalculating everything a second time for the camera? Ouch.)

Some questions about how RemoteTech works:

• If I set a dish to have 0 FOV, would it still work or would it cause issues? (I'm thinking of dishes that function solely as point-to-point links with no extra coverage possible. Kinda like Laser Com systems, just on an interplanetary scale...) What is the smallest FoV setting RT can handle?
  • Additive Omni Range - This setting is a multiplier, correct? It is simply: sum of the antennae ranges on the vessel * multiplier? I don't recall seeing the actual formula used. (I just know it's a linear equation. In the simplest form, it's the one I mentioned.) I'm trying to figure out how it handles configurations with antennae of different ranges.
  • Is it possible to set up an antenna with only command relay and no data transmission capability? (By like omitting the packet-related stats.)
  • Is it possible to assign a power usage to the Passive Antenna?
  • Antenna can be toggled and I noticed that the "Off" state has a field for "Minimum Range". I'm wondering if I could have On/Off toggling along with something like a Mode Toggle (like Dual Mode engines, such as the Rapier).

I'm thinking of re-balancing the antennae in my game just to mess around with stuff and sorta justify adding RT support to some mods I'm using. Trying to diversify and differentiate the antennae a bit more (especially Omnis...)

BTW, is there any chance of getting some sort of in-game RT calculator/range feedback if we're using the Root model? (I know KSP 1.1 is due out soon-ish, so I don't expect anything anytime soon. Just something to consider for the future.)

Edited by StahnAileron

Howdy.

So, if this isn't a known problem I will file a bug report later. Anyway, the problem is that in my RO install I have line of sight with my ground station, have EC, anything needed really. I can even turn the craft with RCS and such but when it comes to staging the flight computer says that there is no connection.

I'm having the exact same issue. I installed RO v10.4.1 and RP-0 v0.39 (no RSS) as well (via ckan).

This is likely a very easy solve, but after some googling I haven't come up with anything.

I just installed remotetech last night, and haven't been able to get anything to work. As far as I can tell, it's never recognizing that I have a signal processor on any of my spacecraft (even though they always have a probe core). Every design I've attempted has had the "N/A" in the upper left-hand corner when I bring it out to the pad. I also haven't been able to target any dishes--when I right click on them, nothing comes up. The new parts are there, they just don't seem to be behaving the way they should be (ditto for modified stock parts).

Is this something people have encountered before? It seems to me like the mod's files aren't configured correctly (though all I've done is dumped the remotetech folder into the gamedata folder).

Is this something people have encountered before? It seems to me like the mod's files aren't configured correctly (though all I've done is dumped the remotetech folder into the gamedata folder).

Read the posts directly above yours.

I think I've figured out what the issue is with this. I took a look at the RT config that comes with RO and noticed a bunch of base stations listed. I opened up the map and saw they were everywhere BUT where the KSC is. Looks like the RO configs assume RSS is installed, so if you play without RSS like I do, you end up with no base stations near the stock KSC. This reddit thread links to a newer version of RO that seems to fix this issue. It doesn't seem to be an officially released version though.

Read the posts directly above yours.

I think I've figured out what the issue is with this. I took a look at the RT config that comes with RO and noticed a bunch of base stations listed. I opened up the map and saw they were everywhere BUT where the KSC is. Looks like the RO configs assume RSS is installed, so if you play without RSS like I do, you end up with no base stations near the stock KSC. This reddit thread links to a newer version of RO that seems to fix this issue. It doesn't seem to be an officially released version though.

I don't have RO running, though (or RSS). The map view does seem to recognize KSC as a base station (at least insofar as there's a big red dot on it in map view)--this is with the RT config downloaded straight from the first page of this thread.

(apologies if I'm not getting something that should be obvious here)

I don't have RO running, though (or RSS). The map view does seem to recognize KSC as a base station (at least insofar as there's a big red dot on it in map view)--this is with the RT config downloaded straight from the first page of this thread.

(apologies if I'm not getting something that should be obvious here)

Ah, same symptoms, different issue I guess. I haven't played with RT in a while but I don't think "signal processor" is what's needed for a connection. Its the "technology perk" with the omni antenna that does that. Try sticking the DP-10 on the probe and see if that fixes it.

Ah, same symptoms, different issue I guess. I haven't played with RT in a while but I don't think "signal processor" is what's needed for a connection. Its the "technology perk" with the omni antenna that does that. Try sticking the DP-10 on the probe and see if that fixes it.

No joy. I tried the simplest thing possible that (I think) should work--just a Stayputnik on a battery with a DP-10. Right clicking the DP-10 doesn't bring up any kind of menu, and it's still telling me I'm not connected. Screencap below.

Screen_Shot_2015_10_10_at_3_26_43_PM.png

(edited)

NOT!! bug

I thought it was a bug but I was told that RO does strange things with remote tech. I think they should document it somehow in-game.

g3GuAhY

(http://imgur.com/g3GuAhY)

I am using realism overhaul and realistic progression (all its dependencies), mechjeb and some other ui-improving mods.

I have multiple issues.

The most annoying one is in the picture (it has a green line and the timer shows a delay, but on the top left you can see the message "no connection to send command"): I have a connection but I cannot send commands (this error does not occour always)

Then, I always can control my vessel without delay (avionics, w, a, s, d, f) and only every thing else (science, activate/deactivate parts rcs/sas) is delayed and blocked with no connection.

I am also confused, I used the commutron 16 and I had no complete coverage at the moon, then I used the agena-D antenna (6GM instead of 4GM) and it works, but when looking at the stats closely it should not provide connection anywhere near the moon.

Anyways. What can I do? I reinstalled RM2 and the RSS configuration but it did not help.

Best regards

Edited by nablabla
resolved/ not a bug

bug

http://imgur.com/g3GuAhY

(http://imgur.com/g3GuAhY)

I am using realism overhaul and realistic progression (all its dependencies), mechjeb and some other ui-improving mods.

I have multiple issues.

The most annoying one is in the picture: I hava a connection but I cannot send commands (this error does not occour always)

Then I always can control my vessel without delay (avionics, w, a, s, d, f) and only every thing else (science, activate/deactivate parts rcs/sas) is delayed and blocked with no connection.

(And once, a while ago, I had the problem that my enginges shut down reaching an altitude of about 40km, but in this case I am not shure if that was due to RT2)

Anyways. What can I do? I reinstalled RM2 and the RSS configuration but it did not help.

Best regards

Hi nablabla, what command do you want to use ? Can you make a screen from your craft (from editor)? Maybe there is a part who is not controlled by RemoteTech, and thats why you can control your craft via w,a,s,d.

Hi nablabla, what command do you want to use ? Can you make a screen from your craft (from editor)? Maybe there is a part who is not controlled by RemoteTech, and thats why you can control your craft via w,a,s,d.

http://imgur.com/4n2WWeF

a normal okto probe core

it is supposed to have an onboard antenna

and I added a commutron 16

also in the top left you can see that it says connected having some milliseconds delay

---- edit ---

hmm that is odd, when I disable rc2 (by renaming the .dll) I still cannot send science, it says there is no communication device. oh gosh oh no, something is really wrong :(

this also happens with newly launched vessels

Edited by nablabla

http://imgur.com/4n2WWeF

a normal okto probe core

it is supposed to have an onboard antenna

and I added a commutron 16

also in the top left you can see that it says connected having some milliseconds delay

---- edit ---

hmm that is odd, when I disable rc2 (by renaming the .dll) I still cannot send science, it says there is no communication device. oh gosh oh no, something is really wrong :(

this also happens with newly launched vessels

Can you send me your craft (please via pm), i'll try to reproduce this issue with my RO/RP-0 installation.

I had very unpleasant trouble in RSS/RO/RP-0 related to RemoteTech - I had small spacecraft (3 person capsule with personal, shield, decoupler, fuel tank, engine) with solar panels and Commutron 16 attached to fuel tank behind decoupler. Launch was nominal and everthing was fine until I activated Commutron and panels thru action group. From that moment ship was completely uncontrollable with RT status "no connection" (crew was there, so right status should have be Local Control) and pod itself was saying that there is no electricity (while there were 43k units in the pod). I thought it was some glitch so game was restarted but situation didn’t changed.

Just before I gave up completely, I tried to do EVA, just to see if it will not hep to enter and escape pod, but it didn’t. I donr another EVA and while hanging around looking to some unopened solar panels (due to glitch in action group) I saw the antenna and just for fun I found there is force retract option thanks to KIS/KAS. And retracting it did the trick, pod was instantly fine, and everything returned to normal!

Is it intended or glitch? What may be the cause?

I love remotetech... except when it decides to show up no connection when 1. it is in range, 2. it is in sight of a connected (and linked) sat and 3. YOUR CRAFT NEEDS TO DO A CRITICAL BURN.

I've just had a mission running on a round trip with only saving the game when I need to take a break... ie a no saves mission. Everything was going great until RT decided that half of my sat network stopped working for no apparent reason. All were powered and in range and in sight yet they just wasn't working. All were saying "Out of Contact".

Oh well, even NASA screw up at times.

So now I've ended up plowing into Minmus on the return trip lol... Totally annoyed the hell out of me. This is the fourth time the no contact thing has happened to me. Guess it's time to ditch RT again.

Some questions about how RemoteTech works:

• If I set a dish to have 0 FOV, would it still work or would it cause issues? (I'm thinking of dishes that function solely as point-to-point links with no extra coverage possible. Kinda like Laser Com systems, just on an interplanetary scale...) What is the smallest FoV setting RT can handle?
  • Additive Omni Range - This setting is a multiplier, correct? It is simply: sum of the antennae ranges on the vessel * multiplier? I don't recall seeing the actual formula used. (I just know it's a linear equation. In the simplest form, it's the one I mentioned.) I'm trying to figure out how it handles configurations with antennae of different ranges.
  • Is it possible to set up an antenna with only command relay and no data transmission capability? (By like omitting the packet-related stats.)
  • Is it possible to assign a power usage to the Passive Antenna?
  • Antenna can be toggled and I noticed that the "Off" state has a field for "Minimum Range". I'm wondering if I could have On/Off toggling along with something like a Mode Toggle (like Dual Mode engines, such as the Rapier).

I'm thinking of re-balancing the antennae in my game just to mess around with stuff and sorta justify adding RT support to some mods I'm using. Trying to diversify and differentiate the antennae a bit more (especially Omnis...)

BTW, is there any chance of getting some sort of in-game RT calculator/range feedback if we're using the Root model? (I know KSP 1.1 is due out soon-ish, so I don't expect anything anytime soon. Just something to consider for the future.)

Even lasers spread out a little bit. Setting a FOV of zero would be unrealistic.

Can you send me your craft (please via pm), i'll try to reproduce this issue with my RO/RP-0 installation.
I love remotetech... except when it decides to show up no connection when 1. it is in range, 2. it is in sight of a connected (and linked) sat and 3. YOUR CRAFT NEEDS TO DO A CRITICAL BURN.

I've just had a mission running on a round trip with only saving the game when I need to take a break... ie a no saves mission. Everything was going great until RT decided that half of my sat network stopped working for no apparent reason. All were powered and in range and in sight yet they just wasn't working. All were saying "Out of Contact".

Oh well, even NASA screw up at times.

So now I've ended up plowing into Minmus on the return trip lol... Totally annoyed the hell out of me. This is the fourth time the no contact thing has happened to me. Guess it's time to ditch RT again.

so I am not the only one, he (apparently) does not use RSS/RO, I tried to reinstall RT several times.

So there is some serious issue with it now. And since it shows a connection but keeps saying no connection to send command on, I think we can rule out other mods.

Sometimes I cannot engage/disengage RSS/SAS, too.

No science transfear.

Also the normal control signals (attitude and translation) are not delayed.

I try to use an older version, because simply disabling RT does not help, the antennas I use do not work in stock :( to transmit science

so I am not the only one, he (apparently) does not use RSS/RO, I tried to reinstall RT several times.

How? (If not via CKAN, try via CKAN).

So there is some serious issue with it now. And since it shows a connection but keeps saying no connection to send command on, I think we can rule out other mods.

Can you reproduce it in an install with only RT? Then you can rule out other mods. It seems to me that you have just botched a manual install somehow.

(If you are using Windows 64-bit, don't.)