[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

^^

Hmmm...Isnt that what THIS probe core is for...????...:

"the RC-L01 Remote Guidance Unit can serve as a command station, provided a crew of 6 or more kerbals is available to split the jobs of running the ship and monitoring nearby probes. The crew can be anywhere on the ship; it does not have to be in a particular part. The RC-L01 still acts as a probe core and a signal processor, whether or not a crew is on board."

I believe having a ship with 6 kerbals (min), RC-L01, and appropriate comms, and you have yourself a mobile, on-orbit KSC that can be sent and placed in any planet's/moon's SOI...

Yeah, that's what I was referring to when I said Remote command station. In a career mode game, this is a part that's right at the end of the tech tree. I suppose it's a reasonable requirement for making a permanent or semi-permanent remote command station, but it's got some really heavy requirements in terms of of manpower, and tech unlocked. Especially if you need to set up a colony to fill the life support reqs of any of the life support mods. It's also a bit much if all you want to do is adjust probe core trajectories within a few km of the main ship. :)

Hey guys,

sorry that i'm so rar here on this forum but i'm working hard for the next update v1.7.0 and unfortunately i've to say that i can't hold the specified date 31 Oct 2015 for release :/ The last task "Flightcomputer overhaul" takes more time than i thought. On the bottom of this post i'll add some pictures of the current flightcomputer, Feedback is appreciated!! I hope the new flightcomputer design is more clear and easy to use.

To keep you on track, here is the current change log (dirty version) for v1.7.0. If you want you can use the latest DEV build of v1.7 to try things out (backup your save).

# General

• The RemoteTech_Settings.cfg will now be saved under the save game folder
  • Added an OptionWindow
  • Added an AppLauncher Button on the SpaceCenter to open the OptionWindow
  • Added disable/enable option for remotetech
  • RemoteTech is now disabled for training missions
  • Remote station dots can now be colored via the settings file (also with the OptionWindow)
  • We replaced the label "Energy req." with "ElectricCharge" for the part info on the editor, to be more stock like
  • Added more colors to the editor part infos (more stock like)
  • Add ManeuverCommands from Node. You can now add more than one maneuver to the flightcomputer directly from the node. Right click the node an click the FC+/FC- Button
  • Merged RemoteTechXF you will find the option to toggle on the Cheat-Tab in the option window
  • Presets added to the Option window
  • The mission control dot on the map view will now be invisible on a defined distance to the camera. See `DistanceToHideGroundStations` on the settings file. This feature can be toggled by the value `HideGroundStationsOnDistance` in the option window.
  • I've added a mouse over info box for each mission control dot on the map view. This feature can be toggled by the value `ShowMouseOverInfoGroundStations` in the option window.
  • The default mission control ground station has now three tech level on a career game for the omni antenna. The ranges are: 4Mm, 30Mm and 75Mm, you can disable this feature via the option window
  • ManeuverCommands and BurnCommands will now insert an alarm into KerbalAlarmClock.
  • ManeuverCommands will now automatically insert a HoldManeuver Command
  • Added a new option to activate/deactivate the auto insert to KerbalAlarmClock

# Modders

• Added a new API Method to check whether RemoteTech is enabled or not `bool IsRemoteTechEnabled()`
  • Added a new API Method to check an individual antenna for connection `bool AntennaHasConnection(Part part)` (thx to tomekpiotrowski)
  • Added a new API Method to get the target from an antenna `Guid GetAntennaTarget(Part part)` (thx to tomekpiotrowski)
  • Added a new API Method to switch the antennas target `void SetAntennaTarget(Part part, Guid id)` (thx to tomekpiotrowski)
  • Added a new API Method to receive all ground stations `IEnumerable<string> GetGroundStations()` (thx to tomekpiotrowski)
  • Added a new API Method to receive a guid from a ground stations name `Guid GetGroundStationGuid(String name)` (thx to tomekpiotrowski)
  • Added a new API Method to get the guid from a celestial body `Guid GetCelestialBodyGuid(CelestialBody celestialBody)` (thx to tomekpiotrowski)
  • Added a new API Method to get the NoTarget guid `Guid GetNoTargetGuid()` (thx to tomekpiotrowski)
  • Added a new API Method to get the ActiveVessel guid `Guid GetActiveVesselGuid()` (thx to tomekpiotrowski)
  • You can now add the value `IsNonRetractable = boolean` to the ModuleRTAntenna section on the part.cfg
  • You can now configure a dish antenna to mission control. All mission control dishes are only pointed to the Active Vessel (thx to jdmj)
  • Ground station antennas can now use the tech level of the tracking station. I've added three new values to the antenna node for a station. Use `UpgradeableOmni`, `UpgradeableDish` and `UpgradeableCosAngle` with a semicolon seperated list of ranges. Example: 4E+06;3.0E+07;7.5E+07
  • Added a new API Method to create ground stations (thanks to legacynl)

# Bugfixes

• RSS/RO/RP-0 Player will no longer see a required ElectricCharge of 0.00/s for the longAntenna on the editor part info. It's now defined as minutes (~0.09/min)
  • Fixed an issue where the TechPerk is already available only if you've researched the node but without purchasing the TechPerk-Part it self and the editor part info will no longer show the TechPerk right from the beginning

# Preview

does anyone know who made the original antenna part models? and if so, how i can contct them.

Thanks

In the very first one think some where from JDP and then they added so from a older AIES mod made by carmics and drop the older RT parts that was made by JDP or someone.

does anyone know who made the original antenna part models? and if so, how i can contct them.

Thanks

Hah...I just installed and started messing with these yesterday... JDP did most of them, however, several people besides JDP contributed models/animations...I know JDP gave permission to reuse, repurpose, and freely distribute HIS work on them... One of the modellers was SpaceGhost, who it seems hasnt been on in mnay months... NovaSilisko did one of the antennas, someone else did another, etc...

They all SEEM like they will work with RT2 in 1.0.4, except for the tracking animation of the MacroDish sr, and the deployment animation of one of the omnis...

Which ones were you interested in?

having a bunch of issues, setup 3 keo sats with one over the space center. But only 2 of them seem to want to connect to each other regardless of target settings.

Also target active ship doesn't seem to work at all. Have a bunch of low kerb orbit satellites that can't connect to or be connected to despite having clear line of site with the 2 working (linked) keo sats.

Randomly depending on what sat I'm controlling at the time different connections will occur, but once I switch to a newly connected sat it goes back to being no connection.

Installed with CKAN

Kinda sounds like you are lacking antennas, or the ones you have dont have proper range, or the spacing on your KEO sats is too far off....More details...What antennas do you have on the 3 KEO sats, as well as the LKO sats?...What is the Period for each KEO sat?

Edited by Stone Blue

Kinda sounds like you are lacking antennas, or the ones you have dont have proper range, or the spacing on your KEO sats is too far off....More details...What antennas do you have on the 3 KEO sats, as well as the LKO sats?...What is the Period for each KEO sat?

The keo sats have a bunch of antennas, 2 of the really long extendy omni's (that should be in range of the sats orbitting right above the planet but aren't) and an assortment of the dish variety (that when I go to set targets say range is more than fine but still fail to connect).

Not my first go around with remotetech, just took a break from the game and recently came back. Gonna start with uninstalling from ckan and doing a manual install, if that doesn't work than I'll be trying a vanilla game disabling all non part pack mods and seeing if something is conflicting.

- - - Updated - - -

o1dZc5O.png

You can see there that KEOSAT-1 is in range

AGm7uN9.png

And it shows connected (presently controlling 1c, 1 is the bottom most in the image)

YqEJmn4.png

Here I swapped to 1 and now I'm no longer connected.

These were taken after trying a fresh install

Also this should show that sats in orbit of kerbin should have no difficulty with range but even they cannot be connected to when they are being controlled.

So I'm guessing there's a conflict somewhere?

Current mods

{

"name": "Achievements",

"version": "1.8.1"

},

{

"name": "Toolbar",

"version": "1.7.9"

},

{

"name": "B9AerospaceProceduralParts",

"version": "0.40"

},

{

"name": "CrossFeedEnabler",

"version": "v3.3"

},

{

"name": "ModuleManager",

"version": "2.6.8"

},

{

"name": "CrewQueue",

"version": "1:ksp1.0_r2"

},

{

"name": "FingerboxesCore",

"version": "2:1.0.4_r1"

},

{

"name": "CrowdSourcedFlags",

"version": "1.42.3"

},

{

"name": "EVAHandrailsPackContinued",

"version": "0.2.0"

},

{

"name": "FASALaunchClamps",

"version": "5.34"

},

{

"name": "FederalProductions-Flags",

"version": "0.1"

},

{

"name": "FieldExperience",

"version": "1.0.2"

},

{

"name": "ForScienceContinued",

"version": "1.1.0"

},

{

"name": "KerboKatzUtilities",

"version": "1.2.11"

},

{

"name": "InfernalRobotics",

"version": "v0.21.3"

},

{

"name": "Karbonite",

"version": "0.6.4"

},

{

"name": "USITools",

"version": "0.5.2.0"

},

{

"name": "CommunityResourcePack",

"version": "0.4.5.0"

},

{

"name": "FirespitterCore",

"version": "v7.1.4"

},

{

"name": "KAS",

"version": "0.5.4"

},

{

"name": "KerbalAlarmClock",

"version": "v3.4.0.0"

},

{

"name": "KerbalGPS",

"version": "1.0.23.5.01"

},

{

"name": "KerbalizedFlagsandSpaceAgencies",

"version": "1.5"

},

{

"name": "KerbalJointReinforcement",

"version": "v3.1.4"

},

{

"name": "KerbalStats",

"version": "2.0.0"

},

{

"name": "KerboKatzSmallUtilities-AutoBalancingLandingLeg",

"version": "1.1.1"

},

{

"name": "KerboKatzSmallUtilities-FillSpotsWithTourists",

"version": "1.0.0"

},

{

"name": "KIS",

"version": "1.2.2"

},

{

"name": "KronalVesselViewer",

"version": "0.0.4-1.0.4"

},

{

"name": "WildBlueTools",

"version": "1.0.19"

},

{

"name": "LSPFlags",

"version": "v1.9"

},

{

"name": "MechJeb2",

"version": "2.5.3"

},

{

"name": "MechJebForAll",

"version": "1.2.0.0"

},

{

"name": "NMSG",

"version": "1.3"

},

{

"name": "UKS",

"version": "0.31.11.2"

},

{

"name": "PortableScienceContainer",

"version": "1.3.0"

},

{

"name": "ProceduralFairings",

"version": "v3.15"

},

{

"name": "RemoteTech",

"version": "v1.6.8"

},

{

"name": "RemoteTech-ProbeControlEnabler",

"version": "v1.0"

},

{

"name": "SCANsat",

"version": "v14.2"

},

{

"name": "FinalFrontier",

"version": "0.8.6-1370"

},

{

"name": "ShipManifest",

"version": "4.4.1.1"

},

{

"name": "StateFunding",

"version": "0.3.3"

},

{

"name": "StationScience",

"version": "1.5"

},

{

"name": "StockBugFixModules",

"version": "v1.0.4c.2"

},

{

"name": "USI-EXP",

"version": "0.4.2.0"

},

{

"name": "ModuleRCSFX",

"version": "v4.2"

},

{

"name": "USI-FTT",

"version": "0.4.1"

},

{

"name": "USI-LS",

"version": "0.1.5"

},

{

"name": "IR-Model-Rework-Core",

"version": "v01b"

},

{

"name": "IR-Model-Rework-Expansion",

"version": "v01b"

},

{

"name": "TweakScale",

"version": "v2.2.1"

},

{

"name": "FilterExtensions",

"version": "2.4.1"

},

{

"name": "ContractConfigurator",

"version": "1.7.7"

},

{

"name": "InterstellarFuelSwitch",

"version": "1.17"

},

{

"name": "InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core",

"version": "1.17"

},

{

"name": "CactEyeTelescopesContinued",

"version": "v0.6.8"

},

{

"name": "DistantObject",

"version": "v1.6.3"

},

{

"name": "DistantObject-default",

"version": "v1.6.3"

},

{

"name": "KaribouExpeditionRover",

"version": "0.1.0.1"

}

Edited by shibdib

Was the second picture connecting KEOSAT-1 because of the ActiveVessel target on KEOSAT-1? In fact, double check target settings on KEOSAT-1. ActiveVessel is likely to cause this kind of issues when it's not used properly.

Was the second picture connecting KEOSAT-1 because of the ActiveVessel target on KEOSAT-1? In fact, double check target settings on KEOSAT-1. ActiveVessel is likely to cause this kind of issues when it's not used properly.

All of my relay sats have an activevessel antenna but in this case all the KEO satellites have dishes with specific targets amongst themselves. So KEO 1 has a dish targeting 1b and 1c along with active vessel. This was in theory to ensure that they're always connected.

All of my relay sats have an activevessel antenna but in this case all the KEO satellites have dishes with specific targets amongst themselves. So KEO 1 has a dish targeting 1b and 1c along with active vessel. This was in theory to ensure that they're always connected.

Your symptom is, in most cases, caused by the situation where KEOSAT-1 only has an ActiveVessel antenna that is working. If you have another one connecting directly to the other, it might not be functioning correctly. With only ActiveVessel antenna working, it can cause the second picture connecting but third picture not. You need to double check that. Specifically, because 1b is now blocked by Kerbin, your only option is to have an antenna on 1 specifically targeting 1c, otherwise it is expected it doesn't work.

I have a strange problem...

My probe is designed for a Duna mission. The plan is to aerobreak through the Duna atmosphere, but as you all know this brings some trials.

1: The atmosphere will rip apart all antennas that are not withdrawn behind the heatshield.

2: When antennas are withdrawn I cannot communicate With the probe.

3: When the probe goes above the atmosphere on the other side of Duna, I want the antennas to depoly again (from their safety behind the heat Shield)

All this is duable With the Controls in RemoteTech. I've used it before like this:

* in 2 min, retract antennas and orient retrograde to point heatshield in front direction.

* in 5 min, the probe enters the atmosphere

* in 10 min the probe gets above from the atmosphere

* in 13 min, depoly antennas

I've done this by setting the timer delay to the appropriate minutes and then push the actiongroup-key.

But now the Remote Control/machine does not seem to recognize me pushing the actiongroup keys.

Anyone knows why, or have experienced this before?

• Added disable/enable option for remotetech

This alone is what I really really want (I want it all though, now that you said it :P ), No more keeping separate installs for my sandbox game I use to test lifters.

To keep the problem of forgetting to extend antennas, I use smart parts. They can be set to either stage or trigger action groups based on fuel state, altitude, timers, and such. Since they are on board the craft, they work even without a connection. When I have a mission that requires aerobraking, especially multiple laps, I have one set based on altitude, that only activates antennas, not toggle. I have it set so that it does it at a specific altitude, on ascent only, and resets. With that, every time I climb above a certain altitude, no matter if the antennas are already out or not, it attempts to start them. They have saved me many unmanned ships.

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/760/Smart%20Parts

I would like to make a "lite" version of this where if you go out of range, say you cross the horizon with respect to ground control, you can still control your vessel, but you cannot transmit Science or, say, activate SAS because (I guess) Mission Control would have to send the "point here" command. May I do that, and how would I go about that? I am familiar with C#.

I'm trying to mod some station components to act like the Remote Guidance Unit in your mod (i.e. have over X kerbals on board, reset signal lag times, and act as a command center). However, I can't find where the RGU information is in the mod. According to the wiki, it should be called ProbeStackLarge in the game data files. But in the /GameData/RemoteTech/RemoteTech_Squad_Probes.cfg file, the RGU doesn't have anything that looks like it similar to other probes. Is the information stored somewhere I overlooked, or is it not possible to add this functionality without writing a new .dll file?