[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Nope...Comm16 is fine... It looks like you have LoS (Line of Sight) in your screenshot... Just remember once your active vessel loses LoS with KSC, you'll need something else to get a signal from that DOES have LoS to KSC, and an active and long-range enough antenna to reach your active vessel...

Other than that, i guess I got nuthin right now... :)

Also it disables at least some antenna and prevents them from transmitting science report... and disable their ability to extend/retract as well.. (solar panels are disabled as well, but they are irrelevant to RT2.. maybe that is not RT2's fault..)

Tiny menu on bottom right of vessel map view or bottom left of tracking station had also disappeared..

Glad it does not lock up vessels this time

RT2 is just way too clean in 1.0.5, can't even find a hint for it, this looks like a clean separation...

I guess there is a mechanism in RT2 which automatically disables itself if version of the game is inconsistent with the one it carries (the version number that the mod was designed for)...

If that is true, then that is a very good feature IMHO since it prevents the outdated mod from breaking your saves.

Edited by 8749236
forgot to add one observation where antenna cannot extend/retract

A shame. Hopefully we can get an updated version soon, RT2 is one of my favorite mods.

This is always the hardest part about updates lol. Yeah, new features and everything but some of our favorite features from the community get messed up along the way.

The first world struggle is real.

Confirming RT 1.6.8 is not working in KSP 1.0.5. Parts are there, but no flight computer or connection icons. Right-click menus are broken on all antennas.

I'll update today for KSP 1.0.5

Hey does anybody know what happened to the MicroSat and AeroProbe from this mod? I REALLY loved those parts and if they are back I might just give this mod another try.

Look here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/83305-1-0-4-RemoteTech-v1-6-8-2015-09-12?p=1663563&viewfull=1#post1663563

Don't worry, Squad will soon kill this mod too! Probably in next update..

Nah, this will be the 'expert mode' to what Squad is doing. Squad will likely kill AntennaRange, but this one will live on as long as Peppie is willing. The update will however give RemoteTech some new antenna options.

I'm wondering, I still use 1.0.4 - do these "new version of mods" also work with older version of ksp?

I doubt. Since new version explicitly supports 1.0.5, it must have been compiled with 1.0.5 dlls and there's no expectation it will work on 1.0.4

Just updated to 1.6.9 and a very bad thing happened - all my antennas are closed/shut down! I managed to get the ones on my crewed ships open/active, but they still don't transmit.

I'm hoping this is just a bug and that I won't need to manually open all the antennas on my unmanned craft (not that I would)!

Help please.

Just updated on the new version but with the Stock Config. Every antenna is showed up in game and in the tech tree, but there aren't RT antennae in the VAB/SPH, and all of my ships (that have RT antennae) can't trasmit nothing, for no apparent reason and without warning... Can someone please help me?

Here's my output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcstdu0jhh7ry92/output_log.txt?dl=0

Just updated on the new version but with the Stock Config. Every antenna is showed up in game and in the tech tree, but there aren't RT antennae in the VAB/SPH, and all of my ships (that have RT antennae) can't trasmit nothing, for no apparent reason and without warning... Can someone please help me?

Here's my output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcstdu0jhh7ry92/output_log.txt?dl=0

Having the same issue. All my omni antennas are closed as well.

You may have to do some creative save file editing to put them back. Open persistant.sfs and look for the following lines

name = ModuleRTAntenna
isEnabled = True
IsRTAntenna = True
IsRTActive = True
IsRTPowered = True
IsRTBroken = False

Edited by Alshain

I've been wondering for a long time, why does the flight computer buttons for custom sas (pitch +-, roll +- and heading +-) lock up after a reload/revert?

and when it's not locked, why is does it increase/decrease so fast?b

You may have to do some creative save file editing to put them back. Open persistant.sfs and look for the following lines

name = ModuleRTAntenna
isEnabled = True
IsRTAntenna = True
IsRTActive = True
IsRTPowered = True
IsRTBroken = False

Thanks, but this doesn't work for me. I miss the part also in the VAB/SPH...