[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

36 minutes ago, Laie said:

RSS/RO/RP-0. It's happend to me on many occasions; overall it's a rare occurence, with the notable exception of early sounding rockets where between a quarter and one third of all transmissions tend to be duds. Today several users have reported on IRC that they couldn't return Scansat data even with many retries. Scansat (in RP-0) is a *lot* of data while the standard transmitter on sounding rockets is so slow that even a temperature reading takes a while.

This has led to the hypothesis that the risk might be related to transmission time. But noone knows for sure, that's why I'm asking.

I`m also running RSS/RO/RP-0 but I don`t have issues sending data from other parts, just scansat ones.

Maybe try reinstalling RT?

I have a question about adding bases to kerbin. I am currently playing on 1.0.5 with 64x installed and kerbinside with kerbal constructs. Is there any way to give these bases the ability to connect with satellites? I've tried adding bases in the remote tech cfg file as well as adding an antenna to the bases in kerbal constructs. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, tomek.piotrowski said:

Hey, @d4rksh4de and myself have started organizing things :) We would like to ask you to report any compatibility issues with KSP 1.1 on RemoteTech's Github bug tracker here: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues . Couple of the issues are already there, so please check if your issue has been already reported by someone else before posting. We'd also welcome any pull requests that resolve those issues. We've noticed that some of you have useful fixes in your forks. If you could submit them as pull requests on Github that would help us speed up the release.

I'll mention again that we've started to use RemoteTech's slack channel to coordinate the future development of RT. PM me your email address if you'd like to be invited.

21 hours ago, arachnidan said:

I have tried the fix. When i use the flight computer's SAS the satellite spins non-stop. When I point the sat pro grade to the node, then apply the SAS from flight computer it holds that position. Once the node is almost completed (aka it's in its last m/s) the sat tries to follow it, but when it gets to 'kill' SAS it starts spinning all over the place again. 

I'm using a couple of other mods, the ones that come to mind as to be affecting this would be persistent rotation and mechjeb. (mechjeb's sas works correctly) MJ is off when trying flight computer SAS but also tried with it on. 

I just found the issue. Till now I didn't know we had trims, so somehow i trimmed (accidentally) and the ship kept spinning out of control. Just for anyone with this problem, Alt+x to reset trims.

15 minutes ago, dave1904 said:

it doesnt seem to work for me.

If you are are on 1.1 you'll want to wait for my pull request to go through. Right now what is up there is for 1.0.5 and won't work on 1.1 yet. If you are using my forked repo HERE, you just need the GameData folder. I just updated the repo(to include the DLL) so you'll want to redownload it if you had a previous version.

If replacing the old folder, replace the DLL and make sure you copy the new Textures folder over otherwise it won't work.

Edited by Koritastic

1 hour ago, Koritastic said:

If you are are on 1.1 you'll want to wait for my pull request to go through. Right now what is up there is for 1.0.5 and won't work on 1.1 yet. If you are using my forked repo HERE, you just need the GameData folder. I just updated the repo(to include the DLL) so you'll want to redownload it if you had a previous version.

If replacing the old folder, replace the DLL and make sure you copy the new Textures folder over otherwise it won't work.

thanks man!

On 4/7/2016 at 8:00 AM, arachnidan said:

I have tried the fix. When i use the flight computer's SAS the satellite spins non-stop. When I point the sat pro grade to the node, then apply the SAS from flight computer it holds that position. Once the node is almost completed (aka it's in its last m/s) the sat tries to follow it, but when it gets to 'kill' SAS it starts spinning all over the place again. 

I'm using a couple of other mods, the ones that come to mind as to be affecting this would be persistent rotation and mechjeb. (mechjeb's sas works correctly) MJ is off when trying flight computer SAS but also tried with it on. 

I'm seeing the same issue with Koritastic's fork.  Using 'KILL' or 'NODE' or any of the other flight computer craft pointing option *always* results in the craft spinning.  The only way to stop the spinning is to use the built-in SAS.  So far, what has worked for me, on only two occasions, is to have SAS running, and then simply leave the craft pointing at the maneuver node before losing the RemoteTech connection.  Those times, when the flight computer executed the maneuver node, it looked very much as if the flight computer was holding the craft on target with the node.  I infer this behavior given that the nav ball marker wobbled just a tad against the maneuver node target marker while the maneuver executed, which is typical of what I saw in earlier versions of RemoteTech when I used 'NODE' option.  On all other attempts so far, the craft simply spins when the flight computer executes the maneuver.

Note that I'm fairly certain that the spinning behavior is not caused by, or due to a conflict with another mod.  In the beginning, I had several other mods active, but ultimately yanked everything except RemoteTech, and still the spinning continues.   

8 hours ago, arachnidan said:

I just found the issue. Till now I didn't know we had trims, so somehow i trimmed (accidentally) and the ship kept spinning out of control. Just for anyone with this problem, Alt+x to reset trims.

I gave it a try, but Alt-x doesn't seem to work for me.  Once the flight computer is used to point to an orbital reference, the craft spins.  In some ways, it's rather comical -- my four-year-old certainly thought it was hilarious... ;-)

I've noticed the spinning issue also. I assume it is due to the new physics engine or something that changed behind the scenes that the flight compter uses to calculate the movement.

I'll see if I can figure out what is causing it.

Question, why are all my omni-antennas on the probes only 3km? Do I have a mod that's doing that? Or did you guys change it to 3km?

EDIT: Bonus question. I installed the newest 1.1 RT build thats on the github. And I don't have any of the new RT parts in sandbox mode. 

Edited by Kerbonaut257

4 minutes ago, Kerbonaut257 said:

Question, why are all my omni-antennas on the probes only 3km? Do I have a mod that's doing that? Or did you guys change it to 3km?

As far as I know all the probes only have a 3000 range built in. At least according to the MM files they do.

6 minutes ago, Kerbonaut257 said:

EDIT: Bonus question. I installed the newest 1.1 RT build thats on the github. And I don't have any of the new RT parts in sandbox mode. 

My fork doesn't include any of the parts, it only contains the "changes" to the mod for the update and the old MM files. You'll need the parts folder from the official RemoteTech download.

13 minutes ago, Koritastic said:

As far as I know all the probes only have a 3000 range built in. At least according to the MM files they do.

My fork doesn't include any of the parts, it only contains the "changes" to the mod for the update and the old MM files. You'll need the parts folder from the official RemoteTech download.

Thanks for the quick reply.

And OH. Interesting. This means that I'm MISSING whatever mod made them all 160km in my 1.05 playthroughs! Haha. I'm used to having a 160km range default on probes. I gotta say 3km feels basically useless after that :P

And great. I can go do that right now, I figured it was something like that. Thanks for working on this! Looks like I'm going to get to enjoy my weekend now that you and other modders have gotten most of the best ones up to snuff for 1.1

Found it. It was SETI rebalance. I don't really want to "rebalance" my game, but is there a way to include this code in a CFG file and still have it apply the 160km to all the probes? I really liked being able to get it into space before having to unfurl and set up all the antennas.

Spoiler

//------\\
//---160km Omni Antenna on Probe Cores and Command Pods---\\
//------\\

//---Thank you, Rybec
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:AFTER[RemoteTech]:FOR[SETIrebalance]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] 
    {
        %TechRequired = None
        %OmniRange = 160000

%TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
            %PacketResourceCost = 5.0
        }
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[!RemoteTech,!AntennaRange]:FOR[SETIrebalance]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
    {
        %packetInterval = 0.35
        %packetSize = 2

%packetResourceCost = 12.0
        %requiredResource = ElectricCharge
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[0]]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:FOR[SETIrebalance]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {
        %IsRTCommandStation = true
        %RTCommandMinCrew = 2
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[~minimumCrew[0]]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:FOR[SETIrebalance]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[KerbalSeat]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:FOR[SETIrebalance]
{
    {
        %TechRequired = None
        %OmniRange = 24000

%TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
        }
    }

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

Edited by Kerbonaut257

9 hours ago, Kerbonaut257 said:

Thanks for the quick reply.

And OH. Interesting. This means that I'm MISSING whatever mod made them all 160km in my 1.05 playthroughs! Haha. I'm used to having a 160km range default on probes. I gotta say 3km feels basically useless after that :P

And great. I can go do that right now, I figured it was something like that. Thanks for working on this! Looks like I'm going to get to enjoy my weekend now that you and other modders have gotten most of the best ones up to snuff for 1.1

Found it. It was SETI rebalance. I don't really want to "rebalance" my game, but is there a way to include this code in a CFG file and still have it apply the 160km to all the probes? I really liked being able to get it into space before having to unfurl and set up all the antennas.

Just put the following part of the code in any .cfg in your game data. All I've done to it is remove the the FOR[SETIrebalance] keyword and everything else you can just leave as is. The %TRANSMITTER {} block allows you to send back science data with it, so if you don't want that just delete it. For more information see Configuring Parts for RemoteTech and Module Manager Syntax to tweak to your hearts content.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:AFTER[RemoteTech]
{
    {
        %TechRequired = None
        %OmniRange = 160000

%TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
        }
    }
}

here some errors that show in log. for the 1.1 recompile.

ullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FlightGlobals.get_Vessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RemoteTech.RTUtil.GetVesselById (Guid vesselid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RemoteTech.AntennaManager.Unregister (Guid key, IAntenna antenna) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntennaPassive.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:get_gameObject ()

at KSP.UI.UIList`1[KSP.UI.UIListItem].RemoveItem (KSP.UI.UIListData`1 item, Boolean deleteItem) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KSP.UI.UIList`1[KSP.UI.UIListItem].RemoveItem (KSP.UI.UIListItem item, Boolean deleteItem) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KSP.UI.UIList.RemoveItem (KSP.UI.UIListItem item, Boolean deleteItem) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncher.RemoveModApplication (KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RemoteTech.UI.FocusOverlay.Dispose () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RemoteTech.RTCore.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FlightGlobals.get_Vessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RemoteTech.RTUtil.GetVesselById (Guid vesselid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RemoteTech.SatelliteManager.Unregister (Guid key, ISignalProcessor spu) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleSPU.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

other than those errors seems to be working fine. those seem to come up when u exit the game so probaly a issue when its destorying the menus and such

Edited by sidfu

16 hours ago, solar_baby said:

I'm seeing the same issue with Koritastic's fork.  Using 'KILL' or 'NODE' or any of the other flight computer craft pointing option *always* results in the craft spinning.  The only way to stop the spinning is to use the built-in SAS.  So far, what has worked for me, on only two occasions, is to have SAS running, and then simply leave the craft pointing at the maneuver node before losing the RemoteTech connection.  Those times, when the flight computer executed the maneuver node, it looked very much as if the flight computer was holding the craft on target with the node.  I infer this behavior given that the nav ball marker wobbled just a tad against the maneuver node target marker while the maneuver executed, which is typical of what I saw in earlier versions of RemoteTech when I used 'NODE' option.  On all other attempts so far, the craft simply spins when the flight computer executes the maneuver.

Note that I'm fairly certain that the spinning behavior is not caused by, or due to a conflict with another mod.  In the beginning, I had several other mods active, but ultimately yanked everything except RemoteTech, and still the spinning continues.   

I gave it a try, but Alt-x doesn't seem to work for me.  Once the flight computer is used to point to an orbital reference, the craft spins.  In some ways, it's rather comical -- my four-year-old certainly thought it was hilarious... ;-)

Yes, scratch that about the fix. It worked once but I guess the problem is still there. I tried it again and the ship spins non stop. Using orbit prograde or retrograde also is bugged. And I did try removing other mods and the problem is still there. Also, this has been added to the issues list in github. At first i thought it was my G25 racing wheel but this only happens with flight computer, not in pods with kerbals, and still happens with wheel unplugged. Just adding info to help in the only way i can xD

Edited by arachnidan

@Kerbonaut257 The built-in omnis have always been 3km range.  Are you missing a Reflectron DP-10, Communotron 16/32, or Commtech EXP-VR-2T antenna on your probes?  Otherwise you must either have a module manager patch changing the defaults, or perhaps you changed the RangeMultiplier setting in the RemoteTech_Settings.cfg file.

On 4/7/2016 at 10:35 PM, armytwin2 said:

I have a question about adding bases to kerbin. I am currently playing on 1.0.5 with 64x installed and kerbinside with kerbal constructs. Is there any way to give these bases the ability to connect with satellites? I've tried adding bases in the remote tech cfg file as well as adding an antenna to the bases in kerbal constructs. 

Thanks

hey with this

Spoiler

GroundStations

{
    STATION
    {
        Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
        Name = Mission Control
        Latitude = -0.131331503391266
        Longitude = -74.594841003418
        Height = 75
        Body = 1
        Antennas
        {
            ANTENNA
            {
                Omni = 7.5E+07
            }
        }
    }
    STATION
    {
        Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc501
        Name = Tracking Station 2
        Latitude = 78.608117
        Longitude = 147.491623
        Height = 2817.58
        Body = 1
        Antennas
        {
            ANTENNA
            {
                Omni = 7.5E+07
            }
        }
    }
    STATION
    {
        Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc502
        Name = Tracking Station 3
        Latitude = 20.45392
        Longitude = -78.093832
        Height = 3684.54
        Body = 1
        Antennas
        {
            ANTENNA
            {
                Omni = 7.5E+07
            }
        }
    }
    STATION
    {
        Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc503
        Name = Tracking Station 4
        Latitude = 20.986161
        Longitude = -117.304872
        Height = 4204.48
        Body = 1
        Antennas
        {
            ANTENNA
            {
                Omni = 7.5E+07
            }
        }
    }
    STATION
    {
        Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc504
        Name = Tracking Station 5
        Latitude = 14.733632
        Longitude = -127.017657
        Height = 2999.19
        Body = 1
        Antennas
        {
            ANTENNA
            {
                Omni = 7.5E+07
            }
        }
    }
    STATION
    {
        Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc505
        Name = Tracking Station 6
        Latitude = 16.043645
        Longitude = -156.864196
        Height = 4704.55
        Body = 1
        Antennas
        {
            ANTENNA
            {
                Omni = 7.5E+07
            }
        }
    }
    STATION
    {
        Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc506
        Name = Tracking Station 7
        Latitude = 3.329209
        Longitude = -37.145679
        Height = 2230.51
        Body = 1
        Antennas
        {
            ANTENNA
            {
                Omni = 7.5E+07
            }
        }
    }
STATION
    {
        Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc507
        Name = KKVLA
        Latitude = 10.3559
        Longitude = 227.3936
        Height = 430.0
        Body = 1
        Antennas
        {
            ANTENNA
            {
                Omni = 10.5E+07
            }
        }
    }
STATION
    {
        Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc508
        Name = Arakebo
        Latitude = 8.2517
        Longitude = 179.4219
        Height = 430.0
        Body = 1
        Antennas
        {
            ANTENNA
            {
                Omni = 25.5E+07
            }
        }
    }
STATION
    {
        Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc509
        Name = Kosmodrome
        Latitude = 0.138
        Longitude = 217.1527
        Height = 430.0
        Body = 1
        Antennas
        {
            ANTENNA
            {
                Omni = 7.5E+07
            }
        }
    }
}

I didn't make this, but due to forum software changes all links to this don't work anymore, Eskandare made this.

Also I had a could not find comms device bug as well, might have been that it was a rover as groundstation without connection but after changing %TRANSMITTER to %DATATRANSMITTER in all my remotetech patches (including one for contares) it worked, but in the same restart i enabled Eskandare's ground stations for RT so i have no clue what solved it, but changing it to %DATATRANSMITTER didn't break a thing, I did this because in the squad part files the module is called moduledatatransmitter

also using 1.1 x64 and having no issues beside that solved one

Edited by lude
stuff about a commsdevice bug

On 4/7/2016 at 8:14 PM, Laie said:

Would anyone around here happen to know why data sometimes gets lost in transmission? Transmission counter ticks up to 100%, no science received.

I'd like to know if there is a known reason and what (if anything) I can do to make this less common. Anecdata suggests that it's more likely to happen if the transmission takes a good long while, so going with as high a bandwidth as possible ought to help; but I'd much appreciate a definitive statement from on high.

There is a fix for this issue: 

But I read somewhere else this breaks Outer Planets Mod. 

The 1.1 pre-release works perfect for me, however i cannot get it to work in dark multiplayer. I know its nothing to do with you but any help would be appreciated.

I noticed the dll was not added to the mod white list so i tried adding that with no luck.

the issue is that just a couple hundred meters up the ship loses connection, i tested same ship in singleplayer and it works fine. 

does anyone has any ideas?

Edited by ronty322

hi thank you guys for your hard work on remotetech its an must to have mod for me.

i have a question, sooo ive over 100 satelites connected with remotetech ^.^

Every 10-30 seconds ive massive frame drops... soooo is this an issue on the 1.1 devbuild or should i better remove the most of the sats...?

22 minutes ago, Schtiebuu said:

hi thank you guys for your hard work on remotetech its an must to have mod for me.

i have a question, sooo ive over 100 satelites connected with remotetech ^.^

Every 10-30 seconds ive massive frame drops... soooo is this an issue on the 1.1 devbuild or should i better remove the most of the sats...?

first 100 sats is to many.

plan yoour sat networks try to do like real companys do have as much coverage for the least number of sats. what i normaly do is 4 around kerbin at the geo orbit area 1-2 around mun and minmus and 2 just bearly in the sphere of influence of kerbin and on those last 2 one is 0 degrees while other is 90

remember remotetech now will try to auto path a signal if it can so if u got 100 sats its gonna look thru 100 sats to try to path it.

1 hour ago, kasperhangard said:

Hi! I see that a lot of you awesome people are working on remotetech for 1.1!
are there a download for the 1.1 remote tech yet? And if so, where is the download link?
Thank you so much for updating my favorite mod! :)

We will have first release for KSP 1.1. SoonTM