[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

1 hour ago, Schtiebuu said:

aaawww that was so hard work... 99 of my satelites are on the ground of Kerbin...

https://github.com/Y3mo/SETI-RemoteTech/releases. This is for you then, if you don't mind removing the signal delay and having a KSC range of 900 gm. You can change that in the config file though. Having ground stations really is golden if you start an unmanned career.

Note..:  After the latest small ksp update I have notised that the smallest remote tech antenna ( the one that never break ) now are in a bad place in the research tree. ( require 45 science and "flight control" ).

- I think the original possition in the tech tree for this antenna was in the "start" catagory so you can fire and control unmaned rockets from day 0 in ksp.

Well here is a very easy fix if people experience this issue.

1). Navigate to your remote tech mod and find the file named...: RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg
2). right click and open it with notepad
3). Find line 6 where it say      %TechRequired = flight control

4). change the word    " flight control "  so it say  "start"  instead.

It have to look like this

%TechRequired = start

Now the small antenna will be avaliable from the very beginning..  ( remember to buy/unlock it in the research tree ).

Hi everybody!

I just have a quick question: Is it possible to control a probe via a nearby manned craft? Like if I have a base on the Mun and have some unmanned mining trucks, can I control them without a line of sight to the space center on Kerbin?

IRRC, when i was playing an interstellar career with a lot of mods, there was a part that basically became a mission control away from mission control. idk if it's part of remote tech or other mod.

11 hours ago, Dr. Nick said:

Hi everybody!

I just have a quick question: Is it possible to control a probe via a nearby manned craft? Like if I have a base on the Mun and have some unmanned mining trucks, can I control them without a line of sight to the space center on Kerbin?

Hello...  Yes as far as i know there is a remote control/command unit you can put on a manned ship and then remote control example your rover.
Lets imagine you have a rover on duna, and you have a space station in orbit..   without the special command/control unit then the signal come all the way from kerbin with a delay of 20-30sec i think.
But if you have a manned ship/station in orbit then the signal delay will be 0 secounds = you can control it in real time..    Technical speaking I think that if you plan to example have a base and control your vehicles in a similar way but where you do everything on the surface, then you need to have a manned ship/base with the command unit, and then I highly recommend that you setup a relay tower somewhere on a hill or a mountain so you avoid loosing contact with your vehicles when they example drive down into a crater.. I think the radio system is "line of sight" so hills and craters might be an issue. Would be nice to have a sattelite to relay signals if you drive somewhere without a signal, then when your sat come you it will automatic relaty signals so you can "save" your vehicle and drive somehwere with a signal :)

1 hour ago, Peder said:

Hello...  Yes as far as i know there is a remote control/command unit you can put on a manned ship and then remote control example your rover.
Lets imagine you have a rover on duna, and you have a space station in orbit..   without the special command/control unit then the signal come all the way from kerbin with a delay of 20-30sec i think.
But if you have a manned ship/station in orbit then the signal delay will be 0 secounds = you can control it in real time..    Technical speaking I think that if you plan to example have a base and control your vehicles in a similar way but where you do everything on the surface, then you need to have a manned ship/base with the command unit, and then I highly recommend that you setup a relay tower somewhere on a hill or a mountain so you avoid loosing contact with your vehicles when they example drive down into a crater.. I think the radio system is "line of sight" so hills and craters might be an issue. Would be nice to have a sattelite to relay signals if you drive somewhere without a signal, then when your sat come you it will automatic relaty signals so you can "save" your vehicle and drive somehwere with a signal :)

Thanks for the response, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

Hi, I have a problem, I've setup ground antennas around space center, it has omni antenna, DST-M1 and six reflectrons Kr-14, my problem is that connection doesn't work when there is no kerbal onboard, when there is one I can send science. etc.

Communotron says "idle" and when selecting target on Dts status is "ok".

Someone know what's wrong?

22 hours ago, Schtiebuu said:

aaawww that was so hard work... 99 of my satelites are on the ground of Kerbin...

I tried something like that too with the karibou rover (added some wings and a jet engine to maneuver) but I destroyed them after realizing I could add ground stations (I added eskandare's a page earlier as a quote)

tho I immediately removed all ground stations (in a new play through I will extend eskandares list to add all from kerbinside/konstrukts tho probably won't use it)

easiest way to go about it is to put (after you got the tech) to put a satellite into KEO synchronous orbit at about 2.864.000 kilometres

what I will do again is put one of those rovers each near the poles

even tho very realistic, having ground stations feels extremely cheaty to me so I will have a look at each side/konstrukt station and make up my own opinion about the range of the antennas, so only dished ones get a good omni range while all the ones without only get a minimal range (what would be good? anyone by chance know the circumference of kerbin? i was thinking of 25.000km for those with inside antennas, would be easiest to just look up how antennas rate in real life my experiences with that go only to building a few antennas, made a long antenna from stripped cables that outperforms rather expensive boosted antennas for terrestrial digital but I think the ranges of the transmitters aren't that big and then there's to keep in account that different wave lengths have different ranges, for example those used to communicate with submarines with ultra low bandwidth have a great range or waves at the length of earth oscillation)

brainstorming help much appreciated if you also want to see a unified config for remotetech dealing with kerbalkonstruct/side and perhaps other city/stuff mods

2 hours ago, Dant3s said:

Hi, I have a problem, I've setup ground antennas around space center, it has omni antenna, DST-M1 and six reflectrons Kr-14, my problem is that connection doesn't work when there is no kerbal onboard, when there is one I can send science. etc.

Communotron says "idle" and when selecting target on Dts status is "ok".

Someone know what's wrong?

Fixed it by adding mechjeb module.

Hi RemoteTech crew,

Been using your mod for over a year now and I can't play KSP without it.  THANK YOU!!!  :)

If a space-station mod has a built-in antenna and uses the Firespitter FSanimateGeneric module to animate it's antenna instead of the more commonly used ModuleAnimateGeneric stock function, should it work with your ModuleRTAntenna?  According to one of your tutorials I see ModuleRTAntenna appears to be expecting ModuleAnimateGeneric.  So my guess is it wouldn't.  I hope I'm wrong... :(

Thanks!

Hey!

Just a quick update for everyone waiting for a 1.1 compatible version. The code itself is ready. All major bugs seem to be fixed. It may still take us up to few days to release, because we need to update a couple of things in RT build system and just get the release ready. It's a new project for all of us here so things are taking a bit more time.

Thanks for your patience.

@Peppie23

The links to the alternate descriptive antenna and RSS cfg files buried in the thread are broken now, I'm currently thread-diving for the new post links (170 pages, this may take a while) and will link them as I find them into this message.

Edit: I'm also including links to any other config flavours, some may be out of date though as I'm working through the thread chronologically.

Stock Antenna Configs

Descriptive Antenna Descriptions

Make all antenna and dishes Omni-directional

Edited by WintericeUK
Removed a link to the old AIES config

3 hours ago, WintericeUK said:

@Peppie23

The links to the alternate descriptive antenna and RSS cfg files buried in the thread are broken now, I'm currently thread-diving for the new post links (170 pages, this may take a while) and will link them as I find them into this message.

Edit: I'm also including links to any other config flavours, some may be out of date though as I'm working through the thread chronologically.

Shoot... Thanx for searching those up, WintericeUK...Wish I had seen your post before you found them though.. I have copies WITH the original links pasted into the files, so I could have saved you the trouble of thread dumpster-diving searching...

Anyway, here's another .cfg by Cilph, that adds RT support for both the MechJeb AR202 and the KSO MechJeb part. (I always delete all the orginal MJ parts, and use the KSO MJ part ONLY)...

// Support for MechJeb probe core and KSO MechJeb part
// May have to rename this file to RemoteTech_MechJeb.cfg
// Original config by Cilph

@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:AFTER[MechJeb2]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
// Append tag to the existing part name
@title ^= :$: (ModuleSPU):

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}
}

//Support for KSO MechJeb
//Added in by freakneek

@PART[mechjebkso]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:AFTER[MechJeb2]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
// Append tag to the existing part name
@title ^= :$: (ModuleSPU):

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}
}

Also, here's a thread for those interested in trying other, custom MechJeb parts with RT support (I mention it, because at the bottom of Pg 1, freekneek posted RT support code for Blizzy's TomTom part):

Edited by Stone Blue

Have seen quite a few posts here and in other threads about various issues seen with missing data transmission options and Remote Tech, and have faced this since first using Remote Tech (which wasn't until I installed 1.1, incidentally). Am turbo new to any Kerbal modding, so wanted to share my hack which seems to be effective "enough", in case it will break something big which I'm unaware of.

All I did was remove this line from all MM .cfgs -         !MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

Please correct me if I'm wrong on these notions:

1.) The only negative effect from this as a workaround would be the unexpected ability to transmit data via an antenna out of its connection range and/or angle, as long as there were an alternate antenna with a working connection.

2.) For my missing data transmit issue at least, would reckon this indicates failure is due to misconfig or issue in MM adding the needed  %TRANSMITTER nodes to parts?

(first post ever ever, dun make me cry!)

12 minutes ago, discobisco said:

Have seen quite a few posts here and in other threads about various issues seen with missing data transmission options and Remote Tech, and have faced this since first using Remote Tech (which wasn't until I installed 1.1, incidentally). Am turbo new to any Kerbal modding, so wanted to share my hack which seems to be effective "enough", in case it will break something big which I'm unaware of.

All I did was remove this line from all MM .cfgs -         !MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

Please correct me if I'm wrong on these notions:

1.) The only negative effect from this as a workaround would be the unexpected ability to transmit data via an antenna out of its connection range and/or angle, as long as there were an alternate antenna with a working connection.

2.) For my missing data transmit issue at least, would reckon this indicates failure is due to misconfig or issue in MM adding the needed  %TRANSMITTER nodes to parts?

(first post ever ever, dun make me cry!)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the science transmission issue was fixed when the mod was officially "released" the the 1.1 pre-release (which happened like 1 hour ago) 

2 hours ago, mtpatane said:

Correct me if I'm wrong

Hi there, you are indeed correct, then new release of the mod includes patched data transmissions. There may still be small bugs though, which you can report here, thanks.

Have seen quite a few posts here

you can download the new release here

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the science transmission issue was fixed when the mod was officially "released" the the 1.1 pre-release (which happened like 1 hour ago) 

2 minutes ago, rough93 said:

Hi there, you are indeed correct, then new release of the mod includes patched data transmissions. There may still be small bugs though, which you can report here, thanks.

you can download the new release here

Thanks guys! Checked and downloaded it remotely when I saw mtpatane's response. Just got back from work and starting up KSP now with a big smile! ^_^ Will report any errors, bugs, and gremlins which might pop up.

Thanks again for the good news!

Hi everybody :)

Been trying out RemoteTech on a test carrier play through :) and was wondering if geosynchronous orbit is the same for half the usual 2869KM altitude? I only have the Communotron 16 and Reflectron DP-10 at the moment :">

Regards and thanks in advance.

@Vist I recently learned there were changes made, and new KEO is 2,863,334 m, with an orbital period equal to Kerbin sidereal rotation of 5h 59m 9.4s

HOWEVER, KEO wont do you any good without Communotron 32's... With Comm16's, you can do 3 sats at 750~800km, IF you are later going to put more relays in KEO... If you are NOT going to put anything in KEO, then best bet is 4 sats w/Comm16s @ 1000km...

I highly recommend this site for ANY RT user:

https://ryohpops.github.io/kspRemoteTechPlanner/

Edited by Stone Blue

I am having an issue with the new version RT breaking the contract system. Even with no other mods installed and with a new save game. I can accept contracts but as soon as I enter the vehicle assembly building or space plane hanger the contracts become unassigned. I have not tried is re-installing KSP 1.1.  

Edit: I have tried the 32 bit version and I still have the same problem. Also I guess it is worth noting I am using windows 10.

Edited by angrycannibal

58 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

@Vist I recently learned there were changes made, and new KEO is 2,863,334 m, with an orbital period equal to Kerbin sidereal rotation of 5h 59m 9.4s

HOWEVER, KEO wont do you any good without Communotron 32's... With Comm16's, you can do 3 sats at 750~800km, IF you are later going to put more relays in KEO... If you are NOT going to put anything in KEO, then best bet is 4 sats w/Comm16s @ 1000km...

I highly recommend this site for ANY RT user:

https://ryohpops.github.io/kspRemoteTechPlanner/

Hi Stone Blue,

Thanks the info! :) and tip!

23 minutes ago, angrycannibal said:

I am having an issue with the new version RT breaking the contract system. Even with no other mods installed and with a new save game. I can accept contracts but as soon as I enter the vehicle assembly building or space plane hanger the contracts become unassigned. I have not tried is re-installing KSP 1.1.  

I came here to say the same thing, I just started a fresh install with just remote tech 1.6.10, KSP version 1.1.0.1203 x64.  I can go and accept contracts but as soon as I enter the VAB the contracts tab is empty and I go back to look at contracts and they are back in the available contracts tab.  It did it with mods and it just did it again clean slate and Remote Tech.

Edit:  I remove remote tech and contracts work again.

Edited by artemisrain