[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

2 hours ago, Mr_Goetzee said:

@Torih Wow I've been trying to figure out how to get the settings.cfg folder for a week and removing the unnecessary folders in between and starting KSP up did the trick. Thanks a lot man!  

Excellent :)

@Rory YammomotoThe Flight Computer also respects the signal delay, it is not a "fire and forget" thing. Also, you say that you would like the stock "flight computer" not to have that input delay. So what's the point of keeping enabled the signal delay then?

I agree on the flight computer path-finding problems, it never really worked well (and it is essentially broken if you try it with only RCS thrusters and no reaction wheels). You can disable the signal delay limitation for now and have a much better time flying probes.

Tagging @tomek.piotrowskiso to take a look at the flight computer issue.

Edit: ninja'ed by Kebart.

Edited by Phineas Freak

32 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

@Kerbart @Phineas Freak @lude OK, I give up. Thank you for your input, I Don't exactly know what I was trying to say anymore.

The way it works in 1.0.5:

• You open the flight computer
  • You click on any of the orientation modes (orbit, target, relative velocity)
  • Optionally, you click on any of the desired directions (prograde, retrograde, normal, radial)
  • The craft will hold said direction. There may be an initial delay as the command to hold this direction has to travel to your craft, but after that the flight computer will hold direction in real time.

As far as I know, this is exactly the behavior you want it to display.

The way it works in 1.1 pre-release:

• Optionally, you click on any of the desired directions (prograde, retrograde, normal, radial)
  • The craft will spin in any direction but the way you want it to go. This might or might not stop, depending on the capacity of your batteries and the rate they are recharged at (or how much monoprop is left)

As far as I know, this is a known bug that the mod developers (a pre-release mod targeted at a pre-release version of the game) are working on.

Yes it's frustrating. It's being worked on. By people who do this in their spare time, for free, for your enjoyment. But not right this second.

If this is not what you mean, then please be clearer in making us understand what is the issue (as of yet I haven't seen you mention the version of KSP and the version of RT you're using. But I might be wrong).

Edited by Kerbart
Clarificatation

2 hours ago, Musil said:

I am really not sure if I should continue using RT. I love the mod, but with telemetry coming to stock soon (ejem...) I might want to drop it for the sake of not having so many mods in my install. But if I take that path after I have started a new career, I might loose all ships using RT antennae. I don't really expect a solution to this, I just wanted to vent my indecision. 

RT really has made KSP a better game for me so far... 

didn't they say they scrapped that?

1 hour ago, Kerbart said:

The way it works in 1.1 pre-release:

• The craft will spin in any direction but the way you want it to go. This might or might not stop, depending on the capacity of your batteries and the rate they are recharged at (or how much monoprop is left)

As far as I know, this is a known bug that the mod developers (a pre-release mod targeted at a pre-release version of the game) are working on.

Yes it's frustrating. It's being worked on. By people who do this in their spare time, for free, for your enjoyment. But not right this second.

Thanks for clearing that up. Part of that conversation was establishing whether or not this behavior was intended (as part of the signal delay, etc.) and slight misunderstandings were accumulating. :)

11 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Part of that conversation was establishing whether or not this behavior was intended (as part of the signal delay, etc.) and slight misunderstandings were accumulating. :)

I had a feeling that was the issue that was going on, so I figured clarifying things would help. :D

For those who have the issue of the 1.0.5 version of the mod not seeming to be installed (despite it being in your gamedata folder) change your version of modulemanager to 2.6.13, that worked for me.

Edited by Shadowsteps

@Rory Yammomoto @Phineas Freak 

i agree that SAS should work without delay.

Sending the order to the probe to enable SAS and hold prograde or any other reference should have a proper delay, but once the probe receives the order, the steering is done by a PID on the probe itself, it isn't being isn't being controlled from KSC. When you manually steer the probe, the signal is being sent from KSC thus is subject to delay, (which is why we have a flight computer to execute commands on a delay).

If nothing else, if you choose to use stock SAS while only sending burn signals trough the flight computer it should be possible.

But w.evs, i've gotten used to using flight computer for SAS (when it's working). 

Not sure what the SAS delay or not discussion is all about, tried to understand but it doesn't make sense to me. 

There is a proper delay when enabling SAS and once SAS is on, there is no delay anymore. The SAS will stay on. If you want to steer a probe manually or by setting a different attitude, you have to send a new signal, thus, delay. The probe is not AI, it's you controlling a satellite. If you want the probe to take different attitudes with no delay, you have to set up a queue of commands which will still have an initial delay.

There must be something I'm missing here.

oh great, I have to 'clarify' this 

The thing that I keep seeing is that, while the probe's S.A.S corrections should not have a delay, as the S.A.S's P.I.D. should be on the probe itself, the commands from the S.A.S controller are ,in fact, on a delay, almost as if the probe is being _Transmitted_ the S.A.S corrections to keep its attitude. However, the Buttons to hold different vectors (Node, Radial, -grade, etc.) work instantly. why? The *buttons* should be on the delay, and the P.I.D on the *probe* should start correcting the instant you come out of time warp or receive the signal to move to another vector/attitude.

11 hours ago, Poofer said:

...the steering is done by a PID on the probe itself, it isn't being isn't being controlled from KSC. When you manually steer the probe, the signal is being sent from KSC thus is subject to delay, (which is why we have a flight computer to execute commands on a delay)...

Look, @Poofer explained it better. if you can't understand it,don't come to me, or you'll end up more confused than before.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto
trying to make it make sense and end this pointless argument. (IT HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH)

On 16-4-2016 at 8:08 PM, FreeThinker said:

The link to the RemoteTech Settings on the Basic Rules page no longer works. I would like to configure the range model to the Root Model . what values should RangeModelType  have in the RemoteTechSettings config file to make it functional again?

Can anyone give an answer?

43 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

oh great, I have to 'clarify' this 

The thing that I keep seeing is that, while the probe's S.A.S corrections should not have a delay, as the S.A.S's P.I.D. should be on the probe itself, the commands from the S.A.S controller are ,in fact, on a delay, almost as if the probe is being _Transmitted_ the S.A.S corrections to keep its attitude. However, the Buttons to hold different vectors (Node, Radial, -grade, etc.) work instantly. why? The *buttons* should be on the delay, and the P.I.D on the *probe* should start correcting the instant you come out of time warp or receive the signal to move to another vector/attitude.

Well I think i can't help there then. Last time I tried RT (1.0.5 ksp) it worked as intended. Pressing SAS is delayed. Coming back from time warp makes your craft resume the attitude instantly and real time. All corrections are made from the craft itself and are handled by the probe. While the initial signal is sent from KSC, all the following corrections take place real time from the probe. In 1.1 I don't know since the flight computer is bugged and I couldn't go beyond LKO yet. I've been doing some manned missions but now I stopped playing cos if this bug.

I never had a problem with RT in the past, and while the furthest i got was to Minmus, there already is a signal delay to make a bug noticeable. 

Edited by arachnidan
just typos

I'm guessing the SAS is just another bug in 1.1, like the drunk flight computer. Let's hope it gets fixed.

P.S.: I have made it to Duna and Eve, in 1.1, with remotetech. IT IS INCREDIBLY HARD, But doable.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

well, the farthest i got was a flyby on duna in 1.0.4, ever. I normally start 123912093 new careers before I stop playing for some time. Then there's a new KSP version and I start over. xD Also, I like to heavily mod ksp. I already reached 5gb in 1.1 and not all the mods I like are updated...RT is holding me right now since it's one of the must have for me.

Edited by arachnidan

Hi,

Sorry, i can't find any info here... I'm trying to google but i just find tutorials.

I'm trying to play with RemoteTech on KSP 1.0.5 (Mac OS) and i have a problem with this mod.

I moved RemoteTech folder into GameData folder, then start to play. In game, my flight computer button is red and have a "N/A" symbol on OSD. When I go to space, I don't see any links, only red dot the Kerbin. What's I make wrong? 

@Nexs The red dot is KSC. i don't remember it's range but KSC can connect to any antenna within line of sight that is in range.

In order to have links you need an antenna on the vessel and an antenna on the target, both activated, both with line of sight to each other and both in range of eachother.

Also, if using directional antennae, you need to select the target, as opposed to  omnidirectional antennae, which connect to everything within range on their own.

11 minutes ago, Poofer said:

@Nexs The red dot is KSC. i don't remember it's range but KSC can connect to any antenna within line of sight that is in range.

In order to have links you need an antenna on the vessel and an antenna on the target, both activated, both with line of sight to each other and both in range of eachother.

Also, if using directional antennae, you need to select the target, as opposed to  omnidirectional antennae, which connect to everything within range on their own.

Thanks for your answer. 

I already connect every type of antenns, and use any type of unmanned controllers.. 

All of them works like in stock, without mod. 

Computer button still red and no links with KSC

:(

I try to disconnect all another modes, and play only with RT, but it's not working

Ok, lets try this:

Go to VAB, create a probe with power, the antenna that doesn't brake (can't remember the name) and launch it. Just sitting on the launchpad should have a connection.

@Jhawk1099

What version of RT and KSP are you using?

did you try 

2 hours ago, Poofer said:

Go to VAB, create a probe with power, the antenna that doesn't brake (can't remember the name) and launch it. Just sitting on the launchpad should have a connection.

to verify you have a connection?