[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Seems to break mechjeb, whenever I want mechjeb to execute a node the node gets deleted as soon as I click on the screen. It also removes the node timing and the deltaV box from the navball, only the green stripe remains.

54 minutes ago, TampaPowers said:

Seems to break mechjeb, whenever I want mechjeb to execute a node the node gets deleted as soon as I click on the screen. It also removes the node timing and the deltaV box from the navball, only the green stripe remains.

Nah, that was happening to me when setting nodes manually, I don't even have MechJeb installed. I thought that might've just been a 1.1 quirk, but after installing the most recent dev build of RT2, that doesn't happen to me anymore.

So, obviously, coming fresh to RemoteTech by installing the beta into a beta copy of KSP while never using it before is an insane move, and I'm quite happy to be told to go and RTFM - assuming this issue is expected behaviour and not a bug - but it's so odd, it feels like a bug.

In short, got a couple of very simple satellites in fairly terrible LKO orbits and I need to boost them higher to increase my coverage around Kerbin, so I'm in the Tracking station, looking at them... And I can't leave.  I can't 'fly' the satellites (whether they're in range or not), I can't right click and get a menu and - most bug-ish to me - I can't click the 'exit' button to return on the KSC view. This is a bug right? Not a feature?  

Wemb

7 minutes ago, Wemb said:

So, obviously, coming fresh to RemoteTech by installing the beta into a beta copy of KSP while never using it before is an insane move, and I'm quite happy to be told to go and RTFM - assuming this issue is expected behaviour and not a bug - but it's so odd, it feels like a bug.

In short, got a couple of very simple satellites in fairly terrible LKO orbits and I need to boost them higher to increase my coverage around Kerbin, so I'm in the Tracking station, looking at them... And I can't leave.  I can't 'fly' the satellites (whether they're in range or not), I can't right click and get a menu and - most bug-ish to me - I can't click the 'exit' button to return on the KSC view. This is a bug right? Not a feature?  

Wemb

Are you running any other mods? It could just be 1.1. I got stuck in the VAB the other day, couldn't launch, exit, load up other vehicles, etc. No buttons would work or even highlight on mouse over. Just alt + F4 and restart, hasn't happened since.

@Wemb @LemonSkin I have had this happened to me not so long ago, turned out to be my mouse running out of battery :) Anyway I aint using remotech but if you cant get out of the tracking station this is definitely a bug. Probably 1.1 related. Had a few weird bugs in the VAB, never in the tracking station though. And I could always exit....

Just now, merlinux said:

@Wemb @LemonSkin I have had this happened to me not so long ago, turned out to be my mouse running out of battery :) Anyway I aint using remotech but if you cant get out of the tracking station this is definitely a bug. Probably 1.1 related. Had a few weird bugs in the VAB, never in the tracking station though. And I could always exit....

Hmm - I'll try and untangle my mouse cable and see if that helps :-)  I thought it must be a bug, but hadn't seen any other reports here. Thanks - I'll leave it alone, I think, till game matures a bit before diving back in.

Thanks all.

Wemb

1 hour ago, Wemb said:

Wemb

It's a bug that some people are suffering from, the developer is aware of the issue.

https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/568

for those with issues of not being able to get out of vab and such its a known issue with ksp that normaly happens when your game is throwing errors. open up your debug its alt f2 for short one. if u seeing a error spam then bomb u probaly found why u cant exit tthat scene. its quite common for ksp to act up if a error is spaming by not being able to do stuff even up to not being exit game and haveing to endtask it. so before u decide its 1 mod specific do the normal trouble shooting by removeing 1 mod at a time tilll the error is gone.

1 hour ago, Poofer said:

I'm sorry but, how do i edit the settings that come up when you first install remote tech?

as far as I understand, there will be some sort of RemoteTech_Settings.cfg in the root mod folder once you launch the game with the mod. There you can edit the settings. (I'm not saying its the only way but its the way I know.)

Edited by atomontage

This does not seem to work for me.

I run 64bit with several mods, and forst noticed that I lack the unbreakable small launch antenna. Also, the signal said N/A on all probes. (yes I had EC and was within range :) )

So I deleted all mods and tried again. I do find the small antenna, but all probes says "local" and they are possible to stear even though I have no relay.

Anyone knows this problem?

8 hours ago, EasyAce said:

I run 64bit with several mods, and forst noticed that I lack the unbreakable small launch antenna. Also, the signal said N/A on all probes. (yes I had EC and was within range :) )

So I deleted all mods and tried again. I do find the small antenna, but all probes says "local" and they are possible to stear even though I have no relay.

Same problem here.

Debian Linux 8.1 (x64) with several mods.

No relay on any probe. It seems that is a problem with some antennas. Reflectron DP-10 is no working at launch site. Does it have a minimal range? If so I apologize for my post.

Edit:

I was using another mod (kerbalism) which is not compatible with remote tech

I apalogize.

Bye!

Edited by ezequielandrush
I was wrong

I am looking for help and being very unsuccessful at the moment.  I've downloaded the latest remotetech 1.6.11 and am playing KSP 1.0.5.  I've copied the RemoteTech directory, the modulemanager 2.6.21 that comes with the download, the build.txt and mm_license.md files into the KSP GameData directory - just the way I install any other mod.  Unfortunately, none of the remotetech functionality is present in the game.  I don't get the connection toggle button in the map mode, I don't get the connection status in the main HUD and I don't get the interface to point my antennae anywhere.  It is functioning exactly like standard out-of-the-box KSP.  If anyone has any idea how to fix this, I would be very thankful, as I've been struggling with this for nearly a week, now, with zero luck.

Thanks!!!

5 hours ago, d4rksh4de said:

There's a new Pre-release build 509 in Github: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases
It has Flight computer spin fix and other fixes in it.

Confirming that this fixes the flight computer, but it is also not compatible with Contract Configurator at this time, Contract Configurator would need to be compiled against this version of RT, which I'm sure he won't do unless this becomes the official release.

3 hours ago, Greylin said:

I am looking for help and being very unsuccessful at the moment.  I've downloaded the latest remotetech 1.6.11 and am playing KSP 1.0.5.  I've copied the RemoteTech directory, the modulemanager 2.6.21 that comes with the download, the build.txt and mm_license.md files into the KSP GameData directory - just the way I install any other mod.  Unfortunately, none of the remotetech functionality is present in the game.  I don't get the connection toggle button in the map mode, I don't get the connection status in the main HUD and I don't get the interface to point my antennae anywhere.  It is functioning exactly like standard out-of-the-box KSP.  If anyone has any idea how to fix this, I would be very thankful, as I've been struggling with this for nearly a week, now, with zero luck.

Thanks!!!

Ummm.... RT v1.6.11 AND Module Manager 2.6.21 are both for KSP 1.1

Last stable vers for KSP 1.0.5 are: RT v1.6.9 / MM v2.6.19

Edited by Stone Blue

6 hours ago, d4rksh4de said:

There's a new Pre-release build 509 in Github: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases
It has Flight computer spin fix and other fixes in it.

1 hour ago, ExEvolution said:

Confirming that this fixes the flight computer, but it is also not compatible with Contract Configurator at this time, Contract Configurator would need to be compiled against this version of RT, which I'm sure he won't do unless this becomes the official release.

There also still seems to be some issues with MechJeb and the RemoteTech flight computer deleting nodes once they are created.

Hello,

I have an interesting problem with remotech 2 build 509 (i upraged it in hope of solving it).

Im running KSP on Windows 10, hardware are problems excluded running the latest drivers and hardware available.

The KSP version is 1.1 running on x64 with the folowing mods:

Untitled.png

Description of problem:

The remotech does not initialize when launching a vessel, i have connection but i cannot do anything, activate sas staging right click menu commands etc. The problem does not mannifest if i install remotech on a fresh install.

2016-04-24.png

Does anyone has had this strange problem, is solvable, or should i lay to rest one of my favorite mod.... :(