[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

36 minutes ago, garwel said:

Hi, we are trying to figure out, which mod causes an unpleasant bug, which makes all vessels disappear from the list in Tracking Station except a mysterious one, called Space Station One. RemoteTech (or RT+some other mods) is a likely cause. Can you look at this thread, with logs and stuff, and see if it has anything to do with this mod?

I was getting that with the current release of RT, since changing to the 522 dev build its not happened yet.. Try using that https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases 

3 hours ago, Aegrim said:

Can anyone remember the name of the easier version of RT that lets you change the antenna settings without a connection?

You can now activate antennae from the RemoteTech menu at KSC. It's under the cheats tab.

1 hour ago, garwel said:

Hi, we are trying to figure out, which mod causes an unpleasant bug, which makes all vessels disappear from the list in Tracking Station except a mysterious one, called Space Station One.

Happened to me after installing RT. Never before.

31 minutes ago, ioresult said:

Anyone has contract troubles when using remote tech? All my contracts disappear as soon as I enter the VAB, but only if remoteTech is installed. Strange.

Are you using Contract Configurator and a dev version of RT? The latest CC is only compatible with the latest release of RemoteTech, and not the development versions.

I've got an odd issue.  I installed this mod for the first time yesterday in a new 1.1 hard career mode.  The long and the short of the problem is that the Reflectron DP-10 is completely missing from my tech tree.  I tried a completely new KSP 1.1 with no other mods than RemoteTech and the problem persists.  Today I tried the 522 build instead of the 1.6.11 release from the first page of this thread, but that didn't do the trick.  I do see other RT antennas in the tree, just not the DP-10... 

Any thoughts?

Hello, I am looking for a bit of advice.  I'm not sure if this will end up being a request, or a but, or just something I'm missing.

I am trying to find the best way to use persistent rotation with remote tech.  It seems that persistent rotation needs to have SAS turned on in order to keep proper alignment.  I use this for my early game satellites so they will stay oriented to KERBOL correctly. After any maneuver using remote tech the default followup mode seems to be "KILL" using the remote tech's control for killing any rotation.  This is great for many many use cases, but it is not the same as enabling SAS mode.

My issue becomes:

1. I can not seem to actually enable SAS mode if the remote tech control is in any mode besides 'OFF'
  2. I can not seem to turn the remote tech control mode to 'OFF' via any delayed instruction.
  3. I would like to be able to give an instruction command to have remote tech manually orient to XX YY ZZ after a burn maneuver, then after a short delay for alignment tell it to enable SAS so persistent rotation will keep it pointed at Kerbol.

RSS ground station colors (supplied by Real Solar System mod):

• Yellow - Mm range (106, high orbit)
  • Red - Gm range (109, avg. Venus, partial inner solar system coverage)
  • Green - Gm/low Tm range (1012,   avg. Jupiter coverage, partial outer solar system coverage)
  • Blue - high Tm range - (1014, full solar system coverage - DeepSpace Network)

Note: actually there are 3 blue nodes, but the "DSS 63 Madrid" node is masked by adjacent/higher up green "DSA 2 - Cebreros" station

Edited by rgr

Hi, 

picking up KSP since I took a brake after 0.9 and installing remotetech for a new career.

I find I don't have any of the RT antennas? only the 3 stock ones.

EDIT: The antennas are available in sandbox mode, but not career mode...

Any ideas? apparently reading the last posts I'm not the only one with this issue

Tried both 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 

I do get the splashscreen in 1.1.0

Anything I might be missing upon installing the mod?

Cheers,

David

Edited by davidjacobs

5 hours ago, Lavious said:

Hello, I am looking for a bit of advice.  I'm not sure if this will end up being a request, or a but, or just something I'm missing.

I am trying to find the best way to use persistent rotation with remote tech.  It seems that persistent rotation needs to have SAS turned on in order to keep proper alignment.  I use this for my early game satellites so they will stay oriented to KERBOL correctly. After any maneuver using remote tech the default followup mode seems to be "KILL" using the remote tech's control for killing any rotation.  This is great for many many use cases, but it is not the same as enabling SAS mode.

My issue becomes:

1. I can not seem to actually enable SAS mode if the remote tech control is in any mode besides 'OFF'
  2. I can not seem to turn the remote tech control mode to 'OFF' via any delayed instruction.
  3. I would like to be able to give an instruction command to have remote tech manually orient to XX YY ZZ after a burn maneuver, then after a short delay for alignment tell it to enable SAS so persistent rotation will keep it pointed at Kerbol.

This would be fixed by a pull request which has been submitted to Remote Tech which would default to "off" instead of "kill" modes. https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/pull/585

This was made in response to a request similar to yours, which you can see here: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/530

You are just gonna have to hope that they accepted it.

Edited by Andrew2448

8 hours ago, Lavious said:

My issue becomes:

Flight computer supersedes SAS. This by design.

You can queue commands with delays. When you hit EXEC, it creates a burn command. On the command item, click the down arrow, and it sets the current signal delay to just after the burn(maybe current time). Adjust the delay to you liking, and add actions.

Ex.:

• Burn node in 3m20s... -> Set delay 3m00s
  • Enter XYZ heading post-burn
  • <wait 30sec, or however long>
  • Turn flight computer off
  • <wait 5>
  • Turn SAS on

Dunno how to cause/recreate this, happened randomly on selecting vessel from tracking station, is save persistent.

MissingFieldException: Field 'RemoteTech.Settings.GroundStations' not found.

I think this is caused by duplication of the remote tech config in KerbalKonstructs, wrote there as well 

would it be possble to create an api to add ground stations from within game? that would enable a lot for kerbinside/kerbinkonstructs

-- edit --

well it's not caused by that config, starts in new game as well time to remove some mods and see if there is a conflicting one

the weird thing is that the ground station works perfectly fine

Edited by lude

6 minutes ago, symmeclept said:

Flight computer supersedes SAS. This by design.

You can queue commands with delays. When you hit EXEC, it creates a burn command. On the command item, click the down arrow, and it sets the current signal delay to just after the burn(maybe current time). Adjust the delay to you liking, and add actions.

Ex.:

• Burn node in 3m20s... -> Set delay 3m00s
  • Enter XYZ heading post-burn
  • <wait 30sec, or however long>
  • Turn flight computer off
  • <wait 5>
  • Turn SAS on

This would be great, except I am having issues figuring out how to "Turn flight computer off" with a delay.   If I could actually add this after a burn then I think it would be all set.  I'll try poking around with it a bit more more, but I just wasn't seeing a way to turn it off without direct control. This is really only an issue when I do a burn on the far side of a planet/moon and want to make sure those solar panels are oriented the correct direction when I come back around into signal range.

I'm playing on RO and would like to add come custom ground stations. Is it necessary to edit the RemoteTech_Settings.cfg file on RSS directly, or is it possible to add a different file only with the stations I want to add? In case it's possible, any directions on how to build this file?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, davidjacobs said:

Hi, 

picking up KSP since I took a brake after 0.9 and installing remotetech for a new career.

I find I don't have any of the RT antennas? only the 3 stock ones.

EDIT: The antennas are available in sandbox mode, but not career mode...

Any ideas? apparently reading the last posts I'm not the only one with this issue

Tried both 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 

I do get the splashscreen in 1.1.0

Anything I might be missing upon installing the mod?

Cheers,

David

You have to unlock the antennas in career mode... You SHOULD have the RT equivalent of the DP-10 to start with tho... Do any show up in the tech tree?

Iam searching around the forums and.... iam asking if mods work for 1.1.1 that is kinda stupid but iam lost i don't know what is working and what is not so does this work with 1.1.1 ?

Edited by LividPumpkin

21 minutes ago, LividPumpkin said:

Iam searching around the forums and.... iam asking if mods work for 1.1.1 that is kinda stupid but iam lost i don't know what is working and what is not so does this work with 1.1.1 ?

I found a bug with science transmission and omnidirectional, everything else seems to work just fine for me... Just stick a foldable dish on everything you expect to return science 

Just now, Master39 said:

I found a bug with science transmission and omnidirectional, everything else seems to work just fine for me... Just stick a foldable dish on everything you expect to return science 

Thank you ! :D

1 hour ago, Master39 said:

Oh, I have to try that, I occasionally have that bug as well, but for me it's probably caused in conjunction with dmagic and other science mods.

I put "stock alike" as complementaries but it doesn't allow for all science to be transmitted and perhaps directional connection will alleviate the cluster love I have a little.

Also I found out what caused my bug, it's CC_Remotetech in ContractConfigurator

1 hour ago, Meiyo said:

nothing work with 1.1.2, update please :( i've loose all craft :(

Holy cow... Please be patient... :)  1.1.2 released just two hours before your post... Early on a Saturday morning, of all times...