[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

2 hours ago, Meiyo said:

nothing work with 1.1.2, update please :( i've loose all craft :(

The latest pre-release seems at first glance to be working with 1.1.2 (at least all craft seem to be present, transmitting as expected and not spontaneously exploding or anything).

47 minutes ago, MrCynical said:

The latest pre-release seems at first glance to be working with 1.1.2 (at least all craft seem to be present, transmitting as expected and not spontaneously exploding or anything).

No, not by me. I just tested the latest build (522), but with ksp 1.1.2 it does not work. Also remotetech 1.6.11 does not work either. All the screens are fine, till the moment you open the ship itself. Then not one antenna works. The ships are present, but the connection does not work.

Of course it's just a few ours after release of ksp 1.1.2
It takes a while to make the mod compatible.

12 minutes ago, spirit said:

No, not by me. I just tested the latest build (522), but with ksp 1.1.2 it does not work. Also remotetech 1.6.11 does not work either. All the screens are fine, till the moment you open the ship itself. Then not one antenna works. The ships are present, but the connection does not work.

Of course it's just a few ours after release of ksp 1.1.2
It takes a while to make the mod compatible.

I have to apologise. The reason it was not working, is that modulemanager was not working. If you install the latest modulemanager 2.6.24 (just updated) in ksp 1.1.2 then everything works just fine with remotetech again.

Hello,

I am learning and would like to contribute back to the community. Apologies if I am posting in the wrong place

I am trying to fix Remotetech contracts and I keep getting this error at PartModuleType...

REQUIREMENT
    {
        name = PartModuleTypeUnlocked
        type = PartModuleTypeUnlocked

partModuleType = Antenna
        partModuleType = Power
    }
ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement: CONTRACT_TYPE 'RT_GasGiantRelay', REQUIREMENT 'PartModuleTypeUnlocked' of type 'PartModuleTypeUnlocked': A validation error occured while loading the key 'partModuleType' with value 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String]'.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

ArgumentException: No PartModules found for type 'Antenna'.
  at ContractConfigurator.Validation.ValidatePartModuleType (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Linq.Enumerable.All[String] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement+<>c.<LoadFromConfig>b__1_1 (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 l) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1, Func`2)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, Func`2)
ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement:LoadFromConfig(ConfigNode)
ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement:GenerateRequirement(ConfigNode, ContractType, ContractRequirement&, IContractConfiguratorFactory)
ContractConfigurator.ContractType:Load(ConfigNode)
ContractConfigurator.<LoadContractConfig>d__26:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:Update()

How do I fix this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

17 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

You have to unlock the antennas in career mode... You SHOULD have the RT equivalent of the DP-10 to start with tho... Do any show up in the tech tree?

That's the issue, they don't show up in the tech tree.

I just unlocked the stayputnick core which should also give me the DP-10 according to the documentation but nope... not there

very strange as the mod is recognized by KSP-AVC and showing green, there is the splash screen on starting the game and the RT icon in the corner. parts show up in sandbox, but are nowhere to be seen in career.
The upgraded probe core however is in the tech tree, but that one is not part of the "parts" directory IIRC

This might not be the correct place to put this but I cannot get this to work at all after trying for hours.

ive got a clean version of KSP at 1.0.5 with no luck with remote tech 1.6.11. I've also tried it with different versions of KSP but no joy.

I put the addon into the GameData folder and KSP does flash up with the RT files when I start the game but there's not sign of any RT changes

FIXED: I needed RT 1.6.9 and it now works great

Edited by rarts
found answer

If having problem with Remottech after the last KSP update:

First check if you use the new module manager 2.6.24.dll every earlier version is not working with the 1.1.2 update of ksp and so remottech will/might be broken too.

I registered just to say that this is an AWESOME mod! Playing stock KSP without RT and a life support mod feels like cheating now. :)

Keep up the great work - it must be a pain to constantly update and bug fix, but I just wanted to let you know it's greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!

4 hours ago, hirschhornsalz said:

MissingFieldException: Field 'RemoteTech.Settings.GroundStations' not found.

I also get this error in my debug log. It stays playable, mostly.

Yeah, got this going as well. At first, I thought it was a bug with the SETI configuration file for RemoteTech (from a previous version) but this doesn't seem to be the case. It has been logged on the tracker at least: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/596

1 hour ago, keyspace said:

Minor bug still - icon missing from Space Center screen (the button itself is clickable).

If you updated .dll only, then try replacing the whole RT folder, some files have been moved.

Just a quick question after picking up the game after a prolonged absence -- the yellow button in map mode, I believe, used to open a list of all dishes on the ship with the ability to select targets -- does not work in the latest dev build for me. Am I the only one? (Bottom right corner in the map mode on a ship that has both omnis and directionals)

I have a strange problem with Flight Computer - small probes especially with strong SAS never aim directly to burn\prograde\whatever, but keep spinning around. Even worse when they are burning the engines - limiting gimbal improves the situation, but only a little.

Oh, and yes: is there a way to make ground control stations from Kerbin Side work with this mod? AFAIU they just don't work (or I am doing it wrong).

11 minutes ago, Poofer said:

latest pre-release is bundled with outdated module manager, just sayin'. :D

Of course, I've got 2.6.24 installed and didn't unpack the .21 included with RT. I also seem to be having problems with the flight computer, ship is unable to hold any position, spinning out of control even in "kill" mode. 

edit - seems to be the same as BoPET's problem above

Edited by mskrod
unseen replies