[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

1 hour ago, BoPET said:

I have a strange problem with Flight Computer - small probes especially with strong SAS never aim directly to burn\prograde\whatever, but keep spinning around. Even worse when they are burning the engines - limiting gimbal improves the situation, but only a little.

Oh, and yes: is there a way to make ground control stations from Kerbin Side work with this mod? AFAIU they just don't work (or I am doing it wrong).

1 hour ago, mskrod said:

Of course, I've got 2.6.24 installed and didn't unpack the .21 included with RT. I also seem to be having problems with the flight computer, ship is unable to hold any position, spinning out of control even in "kill" mode. 

edit - seems to be the same as BoPET's problem above

This is a known issue and has been fixed in the pre-release builds found here  https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases.

Outdated module manager shouldn't matter, just delete the .dll in the download or only copy the RemoteTech folder from the GameData directory.

2 hours ago, BoPET said:

I have a strange problem with Flight Computer - small probes especially with strong SAS never aim directly to burn\prograde\whatever, but keep spinning around. Even worse when they are burning the engines - limiting gimbal improves the situation, but only a little.

Oh, and yes: is there a way to make ground control stations from Kerbin Side work with this mod? AFAIU they just don't work (or I am doing it wrong).

1) Same here, it is nasty enough to fail manoeuvers (sometimes, the flight computer never gets close enough from 0m/s and once there it spins madly with engines on, usually destroying your orbit).

2) You are referring to Kerbal Konstructs, which uses the bases of Kerbin Side. Having the KK/KS tracking stations working with Remote Tech would be awesome, but sadly it seem that the authors of both mods didn't manage to find a common ground. Having some coding experience, I'll try my luck doing something about it, but it will take some time.

Edited by N_Molson

23 minutes ago, N_Molson said:

Having some coding experience, I'll try my luck doing something about it, but it will take some time.

Man, that would be AWESOME! Still, IMO a rebalance of tracking stations is needed - maybe make them more expensive, maybe give them limited range and upgrade it, spending money exponentially - because otherwise opening a station on the other side of Kerbin just for 10.000 will ruin all the !!FUN!! of building ENORMOUS KEO\LKO comsat systems.

But anyway it is a brilliant idea.

So, I just want the attennas, I don't want to deal with the relay thing etc. I just downloaded RemoteTech XF, I put my sattellite into orbit the survey scanner can open, the solar panels can extend, but the com sat keeps on saying "clamped". I also have around 1,300 ec

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Also I want the stock configs, but the link doesn't work.

Still, IMO a rebalance of tracking stations is needed - maybe make them more expensive

That really would be the easiest part, simply a few numbers to tweak, the KK Editor even allows you to do that ingame.

Now the real work is about reading the code of both addons, understanding the logic of each one (each coder does things his own way usually), and finding a way to make them compatible :P

But I'll try.

9 hours ago, N_Molson said:

...You are referring to Kerbal Konstructs, which uses the bases of Kerbin Side. Having the KK/KS tracking stations working with Remote Tech would be awesome, but sadly it seem that the authors of both mods didn't manage to find a common ground. Having some coding experience, I'll try my luck doing something about it, but it will take some time.

AFAICT, the RT team are working with a lot of legacy code left behind by a core code monkey who has moved on. Hunting through the code myself, it quickly became evident that there's layers of functionality designed to enforce RT as a 'standard' and thus making it very rigid to integrate another mod with. That's a valid design choice but I want a lot more flexibility than there currently is for KK.

I have a repo on GitHub for a fork of RT, RemoteTechReTooled, where I've been chucking code in that circumvents some of that dictation but haven't the gall to just push it over at the RT team. That's just bad modder etiquette.

On 4/30/2016 at 10:05 PM, davidjacobs said:

That's the issue, they don't show up in the tech tree.

I just unlocked the stayputnick core which should also give me the DP-10 according to the documentation but nope... not there

very strange as the mod is recognized by KSP-AVC and showing green, there is the splash screen on starting the game and the RT icon in the corner. parts show up in sandbox, but are nowhere to be seen in career.
The upgraded probe core however is in the tech tree, but that one is not part of the "parts" directory IIRC

DP-10 is in a silly place under "Flight Control" I tend to move it Basic Science myself to actually be able to use probes early on.

//Edit

Maybe the mod designer thought early probes should be thrown to space on a ballistic trajectory and then activated with flight computer but I'm not that hardcore.

Edited by Varsi

Gotta love these forums.  Dropped in to the thread having found RT wasn't working in my 1.1.2 game, 30 seconds later I've found out that I've got an outdated Module Manager, updated to 2.6.24 and all's well in the world again.

Keep up the good work folks.

5 hours ago, Varsi said:

DP-10 is in a silly place under "Flight Control" I tend to move it Basic Science myself to actually be able to use probes early on.

//Edit

Maybe the mod designer thought early probes should be thrown to space on a ballistic trajectory and then activated with flight computer but I'm not that hardcore.

Varsi, if you're looking for a low-intensity, but very good integration of early probes to the tech tree, try @Yemo's Unmanned Before Manned: 

I used his/her SETI tech tree for a while, but since it isn't updated for 1.1.2, I've been using Unmanned Before Manned + Community Tech Tree in my new career save and it is very nice, even though it doesn't overhaul the entire tree like SETI did.

Edited by theonegalen

On ‎2016‎-‎05‎-‎01 at 1:48 PM, d4rksh4de said:

I made a rebuild for KSP 1.1.2, please try latest pre-release build: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases

This gives me hope that it'll be available on CKAN for v1.1.2 soon enough for me to have a chance to play with it before other worldly concerns vie for my attention away from the computer!  I love this mod and consider it one of my must-have mods for any save.

I'm getting this exception on my log with the latest build

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartModuleList.Contains (Int32 classID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartModuleList.Contains (System.String className) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RemoteTech.RTPartInfoReloader+<ReloadInfos>c__Iterator0.<>m__0 (.AvailablePart part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[AvailablePart].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RemoteTech.RTPartInfoReloader+<ReloadInfos>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Also I had added a few ground stations and I feel like I'm going a little crazy, sometimes it takes my changes and sometimes they won't show up and I haven't been able to figure out the reason :(

I just upgraded KSP to 1.1.2 to try to correct the problem where you can't select anything when you are in the Tracking station (or even exit it, for that matter).  That problem was corrected with the KSP upgade, but now I've still got RemoteTech not functioning.  I have all of the components of the mod (Connected HUD Element, comm path toggle buttons in menu, red blip on the map for KSC, etc...) but the functionality is not there.  I can create an unmanned vehicle in sandbox mode and I get "N/A" in the Connected HUD - it operates just fine with or without an antennae or dish.  I can't right-click on an antennae or dish to activate or target the comms.  It's as though I don't have the mod installed (even though I am seeing the other artifacts of it).

I am at my wits end, here, and am close to bailing on this whole mod :(  Anyone have any ideas of what I should look at, now?

@Torih Thanks for the advice - I didn't even notice there was a new update for RT.  Downloaded, installed and the only difference I see in my saved file is that I got the interface for the RT config manager after the game fired up.  I still can't get the right-click menu on any comm devices and unmanned vehicles function without comms.  A new sandbox game behaves the same way, so it's not something in the save file.

On 5/2/2016 at 6:41 PM, Table said:

So, I just want the attennas, I don't want to deal with the relay thing etc. I just downloaded RemoteTech XF, I put my sattellite into orbit the survey scanner can open, the solar panels can extend, but the com sat keeps on saying "clamped". I also have around 1,300 ec. The original RemoteTech is also installed with the XF too.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Also I want the stock configs, but the link doesn't work.

So, is anyone gonna help me or what?

Edited by Table

1 hour ago, Table said:

So, is anyone gonna help me or what?

You could install Remote Tech, then delete everything but "parts" folder and "RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg" in RemoteTech folder.

3 minutes ago, Varsi said:

You could install Remote Tech, then delete everything but "parts" folder and "RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg" in RemoteTech folder.

How about Remotetech.version?

Just now, Table said:

How about Remotetech.version?

Actuallly. It seems the distance info and such won't show up in tech tree the way I said to do it so not quite sure if the antennae would even work.

Anyway... If you don't want the whole mod you'd have to figure out a way to go around it. The mod author meant to have all the functionality in use.

13 hours ago, mtpatane said:

Hello everyone  

i seem to be unable to update the remotetech settings file to add more ground stations in the latest dev build. Is that intended?

Quoting myself here because I think the question might have gotten lost mixed in with other issues. 

Is there any way to run alternate settings files with the DEV version? It seems to not load the SETI config when I try 

Stupid question time: is there anything that can stop the initial RemoteTech contracts from triggering? I saw the three sat version briefly but didn't take it as I was waiting for the four sat version. Neither have appeared again for a long time. I checked the files and the only requirements seem to be the part unlocks have not having done the other contract already. I did have some random bugginess and updated to the latest pre-release, but still, the requirements are so simple I don't think that that could have had anything to do with it?

Or maybe the contracts RNG is just trolling me? :wink:

1 minute ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

Stupid question time: is there anything that can stop the initial RemoteTech contracts from triggering? I saw the three sat version briefly but didn't take it as I was waiting for the four sat version. Neither have appeared again for a long time. I checked the files and the only requirements seem to be the part unlocks have not having done the other contract already. I did have some random bugginess and updated to the latest pre-release, but still, the requirements are so simple I don't think that that could have had anything to do with it?

Or maybe the contracts RNG is just trolling me? :wink:

To the best of my knowledge RT doesn't add any contracts. The 3 and 4 satellite contracts you are referring to sound like the ones that come from the Remote tech contract configurator pack If that's the case then I would say just remove the contract pack until you're ready for them :)