[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

1 minute ago, Chris97b said:

To the best of my knowledge RT doesn't add any contracts. The 3 and 4 satellite contracts you are referring to sound like the ones that come from the Remote tech contract configurator pack If that's the case then I would say just remove the contract pack until you're ready for them :)

Thanks -- I'll repost over there. I am ready for the contacts, but maybe uninstalling/installing could fix it.

Hoping someone can point out my mistakes, I'm at a loss with something very basic... I'm working from the tutorial http://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/tutorials/c16network/ and have built this around Kerbin 3 times.

Now I'm trying to do it for Mun and have 2 satellites up with good separation and sync (altitude 1700 with separation 2545.58KM) but every attempt I make to set up the 3rd results in it being on top of one of the other 2.  My process is targeting the previous satellite, setting the apoapsis marker at the target altitude and with that separation to target.  I can use either satellite as the target but the other is always waiting at Ap.  I've tried eyeballing 90 degrees but the separation values don't make much sense.  I'm assuming this is a simple mistake but I'm too stupid to figure it out.. so please, any help would be appreciated!

Be careful with which side of the target satellite you are coming up on. The target markers show you not only what your separation will be, but also where the target position will be when you get there. There are 2 possible positions that will give you the correct separation value, one ahead and the other behind the target.

35 minutes ago, Chris97b said:

Be careful with which side of the target satellite you are coming up on. The target markers show you not only what your separation will be, but also where the target position will be when you get there. There are 2 possible positions that will give you the correct separation value, one ahead and the other behind the target.

Thank you!!!  I was incorrectly assuming that my current orbit would have a suitable intersect with the other 2 but I was too high up.  I could have found it if I did a couple orbit+ clicks but didn't think I needed to.  Once I lowered the orbit I was able to dial in a maneuver that put me behind the trailing satellite and saved me from going to bed grumpy.

Edited by gnivler

Running into a little bit of a problem with the built-in omni's in the probe cores... namely that they don't seem to work. With a non-RSS install, the 3km range of the basic probe cores should be enough to reach KSC without any extra antennas, but for some reason the only way I can get a signal even at that range is to include a secondary antenna. This in itself might not be much of a problem, but I only have a communicatron available at the start with my mod setup, so that means that just to launch my first dumb-fire sounding rocket, I need to have it start with an antenna extended or it will never get off the ground. I remember having this problem maybe two years ago, but its been so long that I don't remember what was causing it or what I did to fix it.

EDIT: So some perusing of the files has narrowed the issue somewhat in that only parts which utilize ModuleRTAntennaPassive seem to be affected. Can someone describe how this module is supposed to work exactly, since apparently none of the parts in my install which use this are working as intended?

Edited by SpacedInvader

Howdy,

I'm running build #526 (not the release version) on 64-bit KSP v1.1.2 on OS X and I'd just like to report some bugs I've noticed.

If these are new bugs, let me know and I'll try and replicate them so I can get you logs (sadly I didn't think to keep the logs at the time... derp).

1. The Flight Computer's EXEC button doesn't do anything, even though a node had been set-up and I had a connection.

2. Manually entering burn information into the Flight Computer and then pressing BURN seems to work, but when you enter time warp to get to the right time, the burn countdown (in the flight computer) pauses and ceases to count-down. Exiting time warp does not update the count-down. The count-down is permanently stuck on whatever time was there when you entered time warp.

3. Right-clicking on an antenna shows up Comms status as "Slave", but I couldn't find this in the documentation. Could you please explain what this means?

Thanks in advance. :)
Dave

Edited by DavidHunter

Bonjour à tous,

Je suis bloqué sur un contrat avec le mod remotetech :

Je devais envoyer un module de com en mode 2 avec une fréquence de 37.5 et impossible de valider le "line of sight" ( sachant que ce même vaisseau a valider une mission avec un module de nav.)

J'ai essayé de revenir au space center, relancer le jeux ... rien a faire. 

A moins que le module de com ne soit pas celui que j'ai mit, je ne comprends pas.

Photos : 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkl45o4greno2zl/Sans%20titre%202.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sg0zxlfizbe9oa7/Sans%20titre.png?dl=0

Sorry, I just saw all other topics are in english :

Hi all,

I'm stuck in a contract with remotetech :

I qd to send a communication module with the mode 2, frequency 37.5 and I can't reach the "line of sight" objective. I did it with this exact vessel 5 min ago with a navigation core.

I tryed to go back to the space center, restart the game, nothing works.

Please help me, photos in my last post

16 hours ago, DavidHunter said:

Howdy,

I'm running build #526 (not the release version) on 64-bit KSP v1.1.2 on OS X and I'd just like to report some bugs I've noticed.

If these are new bugs, let me know and I'll try and replicate them so I can get you logs (sadly I didn't think to keep the logs at the time... derp).

1. The Flight Computer's EXEC button doesn't do anything, even though a node had been set-up and I had a connection.

2. Manually entering burn information into the Flight Computer and then pressing BURN seems to work, but when you enter time warp to get to the right time, the burn countdown (in the flight computer) pauses and ceases to count-down. Exiting time warp does not update the count-down. The count-down is permanently stuck on whatever time was there when you entered time warp.

3. Right-clicking on an antenna shows up Comms status as "Slave", but I couldn't find this in the documentation. Could you please explain what this means?

Thanks in advance. :)
Dave

My suggestion is try stock + RT to see if they persist.  If you can replicate them, open issues on the tracker https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues.

There are some problems with the FC on Windows at least, where old instances remain visible and functional but essentially fail.  Closing the FC window and opening it again is the only workaround I'm aware of there (see https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/578)

I'm interested to test the manual burn and warp problem if it holds up.

Sorry, I'm not sure about the slave status offhand... new to RT.  Is it possibly an indicator of a relay(ed) connection?

Hi I have a question, I just installed the version of RT for KSP 1.1, but for some reason my dishes now all have "Unknown Target"s. I was wondering if there is a way to temporarily (through a config change or something) disable the need for a connection, so I can use the normal UI to point my dishes in the right direction again. So I don't mean disabling the whole mod, as I need to use the mod UI to setup the dishes. 

Otherwise I suppose my only option is to go through the right config file and add the targets manually...? 

Just downloaded the latest dev build and 1) there is an option to control antenna's without connection! Thank you! and 2) Everything seems to work again, magic.

Edited by Thymen

25 minutes ago, Marogo said:

Does RT currently support 1.1.2?

Read the last page and a half.  If it were up to me, I would blacklist every IP address for those who have asked that question.

I read the last few paged but didn't find following issue, if I overread it I apologize in advance :ph34r:

On my installation (ksp 1.1.2, steam edition, remote tech developer build-528) the antenna-configuraion button in the tracking station is not working. By not working I mean: Nothing happens at all, not even a line on the debug output. All other buttons (like show/hide connection lines) are working properly. I tried several versions of remote tech up to the actual developer build 528. I always deleted the remote tech folder before installing a new one. Also I deleted module manager cache files. Still not working.

Any recommendations?

11 hours ago, garthako said:

I read the last few paged but didn't find following issue, if I overread it I apologize in advance :ph34r:

On my installation (ksp 1.1.2, steam edition, remote tech developer build-528) the antenna-configuraion button in the tracking station is not working. By not working I mean: Nothing happens at all, not even a line on the debug output. All other buttons (like show/hide connection lines) are working properly. I tried several versions of remote tech up to the actual developer build 528. I always deleted the remote tech folder before installing a new one. Also I deleted module manager cache files. Still not working.

Any recommendations?

Are you using latest ModuleManager which is 2.6.24?

2 hours ago, d4rksh4de said:

Are you using latest ModuleManager which is 2.6.24?

Yes I do (latest MM.dll is also bundled with the developer build)

1 hour ago, Dr. Jet said:

Definitely Github error, just tried your link, works for me.

In addition, I uninstalled ALL mods except Remote Tech, still not working for me

2 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

dl was it work fine, i just tested but is a new release up already build-develop-533 :wink:

https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases

14 minutes ago, garthako said:

Jepp, still no luck with that one, the button just has no functionality. Also, the same button on the map view is not working.

I'm not sure which button you are talking about. Do you mean the Application Launcher button with the satellite icon?

I refer to the button for the dish configuration (the green button on the left).texButtonGreen.png

Its documentation says:

This button pulls up a window listing all dishes on the current craft, as well as their targets. Dishes marked in green are activated, those marked in red are deactivated. Clicking on any dish in the list will pull up the target selection window for that dish.

However, this does not happen. All of the other buttons are working. Also configuring the dish while I am flying the vehicle works (but of course this is an awful workaround once you got many satellites).

Edited by garthako
Added picture of button