[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

[quote name='FancyMouse']OK I think I finally found out what's the problem - it seems like due to the support for aborted transmission and returning back data, those piece of code has been refactored, and one new event is introduced called GameEvents.OnTriggeredDataTransmission. This event calls the lab/surveyor complete method to finish up the transmission, including adding science. Since it's newly added in 1.0.5, 1.0.4 code will certainly break as is.
So I just added
[CODE]
GameEvents.OnTriggeredDataTransmission.Fire(scienceData);
[/CODE]
Along with a hack to fix NRE, it seems working now.

[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! this fixed it, this issue was driving me nuts

[quote name='FancyMouse']OK I think I finally found out what's the problem - it seems like due to the support for aborted transmission and returning back data, those piece of code has been refactored, and one new event is introduced called GameEvents.OnTriggeredDataTransmission. This event calls the lab/surveyor complete method to finish up the transmission, including adding science. Since it's newly added in 1.0.5, 1.0.4 code will certainly break as is.
So I just added
[CODE]
GameEvents.OnTriggeredDataTransmission.Fire(scienceData);
[/CODE]
Along with a hack to fix NRE, it seems working now.

[URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7rnm3n2l8k2iqt/RemoteTech.zip?dl=0"]zip[/URL] includes my compiled dll and changed ModuleRTDataTransmitter.cs. Take it as you wish. Don't take it as official version or whatsoever - I'm not familiar with either KSP code base or RT code base. All I did is hacking here and there to make it work for myself.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm getting impatient waiting for an official fix for being unable to send science from a lab, so I'm going to give this a go. One question though: Where do I put the ModuleRTDataTransmitter.cs file? Should it be copied to the same place as the dll?

[quote name='Odyessus']Ok, I'm getting impatient waiting for an official fix for being unable to send science from a lab, so I'm going to give this a go. One question though: Where do I put the ModuleRTDataTransmitter.cs file? Should it be copied to the same place as the dll?[/QUOTE]

That's just the code file to show the change (or compile the dll yourself). You only need the dll.

[quote name='Varsi']That's just the code file to show the change (or compile the dll yourself). You only need the dll.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. All working now! Science labs can transmit the science. Finally, I can unlock the tech to get outside Kerbin SOI!! woopie!!

Hey All,
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I cant find anything with Google...

I'm looking for module definitions for RemoteTech & Firespitter... Are those posted anywhere publicly? Even tho they are mentioned in the KSP CFG wiki, there's nothing listed..

I'm messing with the old RemoteTech 1 antennas, as a starting point for learning more in-depth editing & creation of .cfg files... I guess they need the Firespitter plugin, as well... I found DMagic's Science Animate modules (which I might also try to use), but havent found specifics for RT or FS... ???

If not definitions, how about at least a list of all the current modules that RT uses?

ie is ModuleRTModalAntenna still a valid module? Edited by Stone Blue

Goddamit found the answer myself after 4 days of messing around. Relief!!

Testing, retesting, about a dozen partial installs, handful of full installs and it turns out I was reading the range from RTSettings in RT (rss config) rather than RTSettings in RSS. Off by a factor of 15. Edited by Pronoes

Hey, I've been trying to install this mod (which looks awesome af) for a few days now, it's noy working for me and I am doing something wrong in the install for sure! while the parts get in the game, I can't get the right UI (with the different flters) and I can't connect or see the connection bar at all. also, the MC centre isn't visible. :( hope you guys can helpme out. I am using ksp 1.0.4 for reasons, and I have tried 1.6.6-1.6.9

The flight computer is completely broken in 1.0.5. It can't even hold rotation accurately, let alone a burn of the correct length. I've had it get stuck many times now burning until my fuel was gone and I can't stop it. The only option for playing with RemoteTech now is to disable signal delay and fly manually it would seem. Make no mistake about the title of this thread, this mod is NOT 1.0.5 compatible.

[quote name='Alshain']The flight computer is completely broken in 1.0.5. It can't even hold rotation accurately, let alone a burn of the correct length. I've had it get stuck many times now burning until my fuel was gone and I can't stop it. The only option for playing with RemoteTech now is to disable signal delay and fly manually it would seem. Make no mistake about the title of this thread, this mod is NOT 1.0.5 compatible.[/QUOTE]
I've had some issue before with the engines. If you're using the flight computer you def want to make sure you either have a stable connection to ensure you can take over if needed, OR make sure that it's pointed directly at the maneuver node when the burn begins if you dont have signal. If you timewarp too much the ship will point incorrectly and the computer doesnt compensate for it and will spin wildly till the fuel runs out. I havent had the same trouble you are with the holding rotation since it seems to work fine for me on that front.

[quote name='Tyverus']I've had some issue before with the engines. If you're using the flight computer you def want to make sure you either have a stable connection to ensure you can take over if needed, OR make sure that it's pointed directly at the maneuver node when the burn begins if you dont have signal. If you timewarp too much the ship will point incorrectly and the computer doesnt compensate for it and will spin wildly till the fuel runs out. I havent had the same trouble you are with the holding rotation since it seems to work fine for me on that front.[/QUOTE]

I've had that issue too, but the bigger problem is it suddenly forgetting to stop burning. You can't just "take over" when your orbiting Laythe, unless you turn off Signal delay and even if you could, you can't seem to cancel a burn once it's started. So this issue occurs and your mission is over. You are better off not using the flight computer at all, it's just incredibly bugged. Unfortunately that means no Signal Delay, which I enjoy as a part of the challenge. I didn't have this issue in previous versions but I haven't played with RT since 0.90.

(if you are fast and your craft isn't spinning wildly out of control you can sometimes shut down the engines, cancel the burn, which doesn't work, return to the space center, return to the ship and the burn will be gone, of course then you have to fix the trajectory) Edited by Alshain

I can't get the M700 survey scanner to scan anything, it says it's transmitting data from one of my remote tech antennas and gets to 100% and says data is transmitted. It doesn't say anything about a scan being complete, it acts like it's sending science home from an experiment.
So I tried the RTantennas_stockmodule to remove remote tech and now the scanner works.

i've been having some issues with this mod. connections seem to just break off without any discernable reason.
example:
i've sent a probe towards eve. it is equipped with the Reflectron KR-14 (60 Gm range). that dish is aimed at my relay which is equipped with the same dish.
the relay says everything is fine, the mapview even shows the little faded line that indicates an unused connection, but the probe has no connection. (and before anyone suggests it... yes the relay does have a connection to KSC)
any ideas what i might have gotten wrong? is there a problem when the probe loses the connection temporarily?

[quote name='bertibott']i've been having some issues with this mod. connections seem to just break off without any discernable reason.
example:
i've sent a probe towards eve. it is equipped with the Reflectron KR-14 (60 Gm range). that dish is aimed at my relay which is equipped with the same dish.
the relay says everything is fine, the mapview even shows the little faded line that indicates an unused connection, but the probe has no connection. (and before anyone suggests it... yes the relay does have a connection to KSC)
any ideas what i might have gotten wrong? is there a problem when the probe loses the connection temporarily?[/QUOTE]

Are you targeting the planet or a satellite?

If the planet:
The KR-14 is a bit large for Eve, and certainly too large for just outside Kerbin in Cone Mode. ([URL="http://i.imgur.com/yhoXCEE.png"]see here[/URL])

If a satellite:
Are you sure it didn't move behind the planet or one of the moons? Did either run out of power?

I've not seen any issues with connection, and those are all the reasons for a loss of connection with the described setup. For future reference, if you want Eve, Moho, or Duna in cone mode, the 88-88 is sufficient. The KR-14 is for Dres. ComTech 1 works for Eeloo and any of the Joolian moons. Nothing really works well in Cone mode for Jool orbit itself, it's just too big. You have to go with a direct mode and many satellites and dishes to make that work. Edited by Alshain

[quote name='bertibott']i've been having some issues with this mod. connections seem to just break off without any discernable reason.
example:
any ideas what i might have gotten wrong? is there a problem when the probe loses the connection temporarily?[/QUOTE]

it seems i have found the culprit.

I was using the SETI config. after removing it (and getting another relay into position because suddenly there was only one ground station available... :( ) i was able to re-establish connection with my probe :-)
off course i found this AFTER posting here...
well maybe it helps someone else...

Hello, I've recently had a slight issue with this mod. I was setting up a trio of geostationary satellites spaced out around Kerbin to begin my network with, but as I was getting the third one into position, all three stopped projecting connections to one another. The only one that is even connected to anything is the one directly above the KSC.

I'm using a custom made tree. The ones I currently have unlocked are a 1 Megameter antenna to get things into space, a 5 Megameter antenna to get things farther out, a 20 Megameter dish with a 60° wedge, and a 100 Megameter dish with a 15° wedge.

The arrangement on the satellites are one 5 Megameter antenna to get them into position, two 20 Megameter dishes (one points at the Mun, the other points at the next satellite in line [1 points at 2, 2 points at 3, and 3 points at 1]), and two 100 Megameter dishes (one points at Minmus and one points at active vessel, until I expand my network).

Again, my issue is sudden unexplained connection loss. Satellites should be in range of the 20 Megameter dishes that are the basis of their connection, and yet they just don't connect. What is happening?

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share my own RT config.
My config is the original 6.4x rescale config with a couple of modifications:
- there's one extra station eastward of the KSC to facilitate launches in rescaled systems (I play 64k);
- the range of all ground stations is stupidly large (1 * 10^18 m).

The rationale for the last decision is that in real life we can track pretty much anything from our ground stations (think New Horizons). IMHO, this makes for a better gameplay:
- a satellite network around Kerbin is not necessary anymore for interplanetary missions;
- it does not negate the usefulness of a kerbin network (to give you coverage on the surface);
- it gives you the option to choose between an interplanetary relay or a direct link back to the planet;

You can check it out on my [URL="https://github.com/Ippo343/rt-config/blob/master/RemoteTech_Settings.cfg"]github repo[/URL], it's also available through CKAN. Edited by Ippo
funny englisch

[quote name='Rithaniel']Hello, I've recently had a slight issue with this mod. I was setting up a trio of geostationary satellites spaced out around Kerbin to begin my network with, but as I was getting the third one into position, all three stopped projecting connections to one another. The only one that is even connected to anything is the one directly above the KSC.

I'm using a custom made tree. The ones I currently have unlocked are a 1 Megameter antenna to get things into space, a 5 Megameter antenna to get things farther out, a 20 Megameter dish with a 60° wedge, and a 100 Megameter dish with a 15° wedge.

The arrangement on the satellites are one 5 Megameter antenna to get them into position, two 20 Megameter dishes (one points at the Mun, the other points at the next satellite in line [1 points at 2, 2 points at 3, and 3 points at 1]), and two 100 Megameter dishes (one points at Minmus and one points at active vessel, until I expand my network).

Again, my issue is sudden unexplained connection loss. Satellites should be in range of the 20 Megameter dishes that are the basis of their connection, and yet they just don't connect. What is happening?[/QUOTE]

You are saying they point at the next satellite but there's nothing pointed back? One way communications don't work that well.
Since you have dish pointed at active vessel it may seem like the system works sometimes when you have the right satellite active.

[quote name='Varsi']You are saying they point at the next satellite but there's nothing pointed back? One way communications don't work that well.
Since you have dish pointed at active vessel it may seem like the system works sometimes when you have the right satellite active.[/QUOTE]

So I need something pointed back as well? Okay, well, what if I were to increase the wedge of the 20 Megameter dish to 90° and then point each one at Kerbin? That would place the other two satellites within the wedge and, I believe, would thus grant 2 way communication. Does this solve my problem?