[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Is there a way to allow specific unnamed probe units to not need a signal, or have lag, but still have it on others?

I would kind of like to modify the MK II drone core not to have one due to the AI flavor text.

Is there a way to allow specific unnamed probe units to not need a signal, or have lag, but still have it on others?

Open `RemoteTech_Squad_Probes.cfg`. Remove the section for the probe you want to keep.

that's your opinion of how the mod should work

No. It's a fact - the range of the KSC antenna does not force players to build a comms network, because the way the KSC is occluded from half the universe at any given time already forces that.

Here's an argument for a better KSC comms center: It's more realistic, more convenient, and has no actual impact on game-play.

Note that I said more convenient, not easier. Absolutely anyone can replicated having their best comms on the KSC by launching a tiny craft just far enough away to not mess with launches, with a few solar panels and a battery on it. The cost is negligible, there's no real skill or planning required.

Obviously, this is less realistic; it makes no sense for the KSC's antenna - mounted in a building presumably attached to some sort of electrical grid, boasting all of their deep-space scanning equippment - to be weaker than that of a probe they rolled off the launchpad. It's also kind of annoying to have to do every time you get a more powerful device, and sort of ugly to have a ship permanently parked at the KSC.

So guys, a lot of activity on the thread, but haven't heard anyone comment about an possible update. Are the devs hanging around? Is there a development version somewhere?

So guys, a lot of activity on the thread, but haven't heard anyone comment about an possible update. Are the devs hanging around? Is there a development version somewhere?

Yeah, really. I mean, I hate to whine (and seriously, I've asked like three times if there's anywhere I can donate money to support them), but I'd like to know if I should be waiting for Remote Tech to drop in the next couple days, or if I should just get on with carreer mode.

Yeah, really. I mean, I hate to whine (and seriously, I've asked like three times if there's anywhere I can donate money to support them), but I'd like to know if I should be waiting for Remote Tech to drop in the next couple days, or if I should just get on with carreer mode.

Well if you click on the link for pre-release builds in the OP, there have been lots of updates to the dev branch lately, so I'd assume it's being worked on, just not ready yet.

There have been several Dev Builds that have been posted so they are activly working on it. If your impatient you can download one of those. Look over the last couple pages to see which one has been the most stable. I forgot which one I am using lol :P

https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases

build336 seems to have science transmission fixed.

I was able to transmit lot of science (+400) from a probe and a manned vessel as well from around high Kerbin & Mun orbits.

build336 seems to have science transmission fixed.

I was able to transmit lot of science (+400) from a probe and a manned vessel as well from around high Kerbin & Mun orbits.

Through satellite relays I assume?

Got a quick question about the flight computer. Apologies if it was already answered, but I could not find it.

Is it possible to plan certain commands on a fixed time of the flight duration i.e. T - 60s will execute at 60 seconds after the launch. This will make it more easy to queue commands in the flight computer if you are dealing with multiple maneuver nodes.

I'm using build 325 (I think) and it's working pretty darn well so far. Would love it if the dev updates came with changelogs but I totally understand why they don't. I had no idea so much work was being done with so many updates being uploaded, but I can't wait to try the latest tonight.

@ Koprolith

The only thing I know of that might help is the mod AmpYear Power Manager. I haven't experimented with it myself yet, but all my 'must have' mods aren't quite ready for 1.0.2. So I'm idling along in sandbox checking out the changes from .90.

Hmm. As far as I can tell, this mod "only" lets you manage your power, but not your controls...

Koprolith

Indeed a must have mod! Many thanks for it!

I am not able to find the com32 antenna in the tech tree in career mode... Am I missing something? (build 336)

It's in 'High-Power Electrics'.

Got a quick question about the flight computer. Apologies if it was already answered, but I could not find it.

Is it possible to plan certain commands on a fixed time of the flight duration i.e. T - 60s will execute at 60 seconds after the launch. This will make it more easy to queue commands in the flight computer if you are dealing with multiple maneuver nodes.

Open the flight computer and click the >> in the lower right. Set the signal delay to 60s, throttle to 100%, burn duration, heading/pitch, then hit burn. Also, you could look into kOS and I think that mechjeb also skips signal delay (presumably because it's basically a flight computer)

Don't forget to set your antennas on an action group and activate them too after a time too!

You can set the signal delay manually on the flight computer, but that's not that easy in busy moments.

You can try smartparts and kOS but it may have some compatibility issues

does anyone here knows about a good mod to use with RemoteTech to make it possible to go "Unmanned First" and "manned" later?

I've tried BTSM but it doesn't mix well with the mods I would like to use

does anyone here knows about a good mod to use with RemoteTech to make it possible to go "Unmanned First" and "manned" later?

I've tried BTSM but it doesn't mix well with the mods I would like to use

1.0 or 0.90? Also what mods are key for you?