[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Is anyone even working to update this mod? I can't imagine it would take much seeing the dozens of others which were 1.0 compatible within hours of the launch... Is there a wall to updating this to 1.0? It's been over a week and this mod is a must for me.

Is anyone even working to update this mod? I can't imagine it would take much seeing the dozens of others which were 1.0 compatible within hours of the launch... Is there a wall to updating this to 1.0? It's been over a week and this mod is a must for me.

Easy there, hoss. Many mod authors are on the QA and experimentals teams, which means they have advance copies of new versions of the game to troubleshoot against. Also, frankly, my understanding of the inner workings of this mod lead me to believe that RemoteTech2 happens to be a rather involved and convoluted mod from a programming standpoint.

It'll be ready when it's ready.

"quality of life" as in "makes your life easier" .....

edit

forgot some:

the toolbar,

distant object enhancer

KAS

flight indicators

enhancednavball

navyfish docking thinghy

kerbal alarm clock........

I have had no luck finding KAS ... I think it has changed to Kerbal Inventory System or KIS

I have had no luck finding KAS ... I think it has changed to Kerbal Inventory System or KIS

KAS Still exists, just not updated to 1.0+ yet.

He decided to split the mod. KIS is the revamped Inventory, grab, and placement system. KAS is currently being restructured to only provide the construction stuff such as piped, wenches, etc.

Easy there, hoss. Many mod authors are on the QA and experimentals teams, which means they have advance copies of new versions of the game to troubleshoot against. Also, frankly, my understanding of the inner workings of this mod lead me to believe that RemoteTech2 happens to be a rather involved and convoluted mod from a programming standpoint.

It'll be ready when it's ready.

Given that the OP hasn't been on the forum in quite some time, since before the update at least, could we perhaps request a mod put a "1.0.2 version under development *date stamp*" in red note at the top of the first post so that this thread doesn't keep getting filled with update requests?

Or is it futile?

Is the overlapping text bug something like this?

(picture not shown in quote)

Yes - that's exactly it. And your example shows it mildly. It gets worse the more antennae there are. When I tried launching my first satellite that was meant to be part of a kerbin network - with an omni, two DTS's for talking to the other near-kerbin network satellites just like this one that I planned to launch later, and one dish for far away, the thing had such a blotch of overlapping text there that it actually wasn't readable. It seems that the more antennae there are, the more extra times it prints the text out. And that thing had an FPS of about 3 or 4 ... I gave up on using RT until this is fixed. This breaks RT completely.

I'm at a point where it doesn't make much sense advancing without probes. And I will feel like cheating if I use probes without r.tech.

Same here. I'm a little bit concerned with people claiming it's not a big deal. That makes me fear it's not getting the top priority it deserves. A bug that drops the framerate to 3-4 FPS renders the mod impossible to use.

EDIT: I just had a look and it seems the issue got addressed in github a few hours ago so when the release comes it should be there. I'm happy about that.

Edited by Steven Mading

Is the overlapping text bug something like this?

http://i.imgur.com/qsuWaEx.png

If it is, I will be happy, since I now know it's not my game corrupted, or some other mod problem*...

But also, it makes the campaign unplayable for me (low frame rates, and problems/delays when clicking the right click menu buttons).

The latest release (two whole hours ago) includes a fix for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Erm, oops, I don't know how I managed to miss Steven Mading saying exactly the same thing.

Hi RemoteTech-Fans,

we are sorry that our update for ksp 1.0 takes so long, but the last issue was really a brain killer. We're currently on our last tests.

If you can't wait for the release you can use our current stable rc (340).

by the way: Thanks at all for testing the last dev-builds and reporting the issues

I see people talking that there is no challenge or goal anymore without remote tech. I have played with remotetech a lot in previous versions. Started a new hard career in version 0.90 1,5 month ago. And I found the launch of a communication network of around four identical satellites getting quite boring. Then after you unlocked better dishes, you launch 4 new ones. Even in a hard career they are not really expensive. Right now I could not wait for the updated remotetech for version 1.0, and I started of a new hard career. I get the feeling the only difference is that you do not have a simple communication network in orbit around Kerbin. So you miss out the repetative launches for your commsats. Other also have this feeling? Or where do you get your challenges from with this mod?

I see people talking that there is no challenge or goal anymore without remote tech. I have played with remotetech a lot in previous versions. Started a new hard career in version 0.90 1,5 month ago. And I found the launch of a communication network of around four identical satellites getting quite boring. Then after you unlocked better dishes, you launch 4 new ones. Even in a hard career they are not really expensive. Right now I could not wait for the updated remotetech for version 1.0, and I started of a new hard career. I get the feeling the only difference is that you do not have a simple communication network in orbit around Kerbin. So you miss out the repetative launches for your commsats. Other also have this feeling? Or where do you get your challenges from with this mod?

Try landing a probe on the far side of Minmus with just a simple Kerbin relay network. Or sending a probe to Duna to do some science.

more than difficulty I'd say I use remote tech because it's beautiful to see the networks spreading out the system.

I like to design networks that are working without moving antennas, that may be some kind of challenge. the most performing network with the least number of satellites

if you want a challenge I'd say keep the signal delay and try to manouvre stuff with kOS and smartparts

Edited by Sigma88

And I found the launch of a communication network of around four identical satellites getting quite boring. Then after you unlocked better dishes, you launch 4 new ones.

I think it does not have to be either-or, if you can accept a little cheating. Here is the idea, launch a few comsats yourself, enough that you get to try it out and show you can do it, as long as it is fun. After that, instead of repetitive launching after you get bored, just use HyperEdit to place remaining satellites. You will still have to plan your comsat network and build the satellites, so the strategic/tactical aspect is still there.

I don't think I will be using RemoteTech in my career mode game(s), but look forward to the 1.0 release and would love to play around with it in sandbox mode. And will happily use HyperEdit whenever I want to simulate that "someone else in my space agency handled that launch".

Hi RemoteTech-Fans,

we are sorry that our update for ksp 1.0 takes so long, but the last issue was really a brain killer. We're currently on our last tests.

by the way: Thanks at all for testing the last dev-builds and reporting the issues

Take your time, man. 1.0 was a huge update. I'm waiting very patiently for Remote Tech and Kerbal Attachment System to update. Take all the time you need!

~Steve

...we are sorry that our update for ksp 1.0 takes so long...
Absolutely no worries, take your time, it's gonna be well worth the wait I'm sure.

Hi RemoteTech-Fans,

Absolutely zero need to apologize. Big thank you for continuing work on one of the greatest plugins for this game.

Hi RemoteTech-Fans,

Echoing what others are saying - we're very grateful for all your amazing work on this excellent mod. Been playing with the dev builds and having a blast. Very excited to try the latest one and especially the final release. Hopefully you take the 'anticipation' of some forum goers as a compliment! Apology is neither necessary nor warranted.

Are you going to add some app config option?

Should be interesting to disable/enable delay effect.

do you mean an ingame UI?

(you can already disable signal delay and other features of RT in RemoteTech_Settings.cfg)