[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Just a quick question: What is the current prospect of RT becoming compatible with KOS?

Unless something broke in the latest round of updates (have not done anything on 1.0 yet myself, don't recall seeing anyone report breakage) RT and kOS already talk to each other: http://ksp-kos.github.io/KOS_DOC/addons/RemoteTech.html

Unless something broke in the latest round of updates (have not done anything on 1.0 yet myself, don't recall seeing anyone report breakage) RT and kOS already talk to each other: http://ksp-kos.github.io/KOS_DOC/addons/RemoteTech.html

Thanks. Just that in the OP it says

"RemoteTech is not yet compatible with either of the two full-featured autopilot mods, MechJeb and kOS. Mix at your own risk."

I am wondering if we will see a change to that.

Sounds like an install issue or another mod without configs. Can we get a screenshot of your GameData folder?

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g403/gredawarha/Screen%20Shot%202015-05-16%20at%2012.36.00.png' alt='Screen%20Shot%202015-05-16%20at%2012.36.00.png'>

RemoteTech also requires the ModuleManager plugin. You can find the ModuleManager.dll on our zip or download it from here and put it in your Gamedata folder :wink:

Thank you. Just did a very quick test. Sent a rocket straight up and soon after it lost contact and spun out of control so seems to be working now.

Edited by gredawarha

Thank you. Just did a very quick test. Sent a rocket straight up and soon after it lost contact and spun out of control so seems to be working now.

Unless told otherwise always install everything in the zip, it's put in there for a reason.

Anyone having issues with science transmission? I'm in a state where I can't transmit science data - AFAICT the reports are simply discarded.

Using KSP 1.0.2, RT 1.6.4 (confirmed .version and 'Product Version' in .dll).

No 'transmitting' text is displayed.

I was able to transmit data on the flight up just fine. Not sure if it is pointing dishes that triggered it or exiting direct connection with KSC. (Restoring direct connection to KSC doesn't help).

Any thoughts? How can I help debug? I'll play around in the meantime.

Thanks much!

- - - Updated - - -

For better or worse, I could not reproduce it. I loaded from before the issue happened (I had just completed launch into orbit) and no issues from then on. :|

So, I figured it out. (For some definition of 'figured') If you click out of the KSP window and then return, science won't transmit. Not sure why yet, but it's a consistent repro for me. I run two monitors and KSP in full screen.

If you ALT-TAB out and back it does not repro, but any click out definitely does. I do it a lot to go read up on things during flight. :|. Only solution seems to be revert to something - save or whatever.

KSP.log doesn't yield anything obvious.

So, I figured it out. (For some definition of 'figured') If you click out of the KSP window and then return, science won't transmit. Not sure why yet, but it's a consistent repro for me. I run two monitors and KSP in full screen.

If you ALT-TAB out and back it does not repro, but any click out definitely does. I do it a lot to go read up on things during flight. :|. Only solution seems to be revert to something - save or whatever.

KSP.log doesn't yield anything obvious.

can you also reproduce this issue without RemoteTech?

That'd explain the science issues I was having with RT2 as well that led to me uninstalling, so while I can't confirm the cause I can pipe in as someone else affected. Wasn't an issue for me in 0.90.

can you also reproduce this issue without RemoteTech?

I *think* I root caused it to a DRE and ModularFlightIntegrator mismatch - MFI has multiple builds with the same version number, CKAN distributes the wrong one apparently. Anyway, it was the cause of my framerate issues and since fixing it I haven't seen the issue with RT. Let's hope it stays that way. :-)

Hey Peppie23,

I'm integrating RemoteTech into Ship Manifest to support the command computer for queuing RT antenna extend and retract commands.

I've gone over the API, and it seems that the command queue method is set up to execute commands by reflecting back to the Mod making the request and invoking a method there. That makes sense. However, what I'm doing is invoking an event from the part's module (of your design), and was wondering if there is a way to "directly" queue that, or will I need to provide a method to receive the command from RemoteTech when the scheduled command is fired (using your api)?

I was thinking If I executed the "correct" event (emulating the part's tweakable button press) at the module level, I could allow RemoteTech to "intercept" it natively and queue it, thereby avoiding the creation of a command round trip methodology...

Thoughts?

Edited by Papa_Joe

Hiho,

someone here to help me testing the upcoming release?

I tried it *briefly*

Seems to work ok - I had a probe with a programmed maneuver. This version fixed the issue I was having with RT cranking the roll over to maximum.

I still have an issue where it overshoots orienting to the maneuver and ends up in an accelerating spin instead of dampening out. But that is not a new issue.

HTH, will use it more later tonight.

Edited by GrimerX
Fixing quote block

New Version is up ;) thx @all for testing.

Bug fixes

• We've fixed an issue while loading a saved maneuver command
  • We've fixed an issue while loading a saved cancel command
  • Queued commands will now sorted correctly
  • The flight computer will no longer goes crazy if a queued BaseEvent throws an exception
  • We've fixed the SoundingRockets config file
  • Satellites/Stations will now properly re-registered as a satellite after unloading (>2.5km distance)

General

• Textures are now converted to DDS (thx @InsanePlumber)
  • We'll no longer throttling back the timewarp if you are on phys.warp
  • We'll no longer fix the "roll" position for maneuver, orbit und surface commands

I am using this great mod for a long time. I do not start new versions of game without it. I have a request. Many people use mecjeb for easing their life. I do not see it as cheat but an essential part of game. When we have a far away probe, signal delay becomes important but mecjeb use completely ignores this. I know there is a flight computer for making timely burns but it is not as precise as mecjeb. Is it possible to force mecjeb to have remotetech signal delay or better, give flight computer mecjeb maneuver node burning precision.

would it be possible to make the omni antennas physicsless? i believe the mass of physicals parts os now added to the attached part, so it shouldn't be a balancing issue, nd i prefer to not have to have more than one omni antenna on my tiny probe...

I am using this great mod for a long time. I do not start new versions of game without it. I have a request. Many people use mecjeb for easing their life. I do not see it as cheat but an essential part of game. When we have a far away probe, signal delay becomes important but mecjeb use completely ignores this. I know there is a flight computer for making timely burns but it is not as precise as mecjeb. Is it possible to force mecjeb to have remotetech signal delay or better, give flight computer mecjeb maneuver node burning precision.

Have you heard of kos? It's a flight computer where you can run scripts. You can have one built for scheduling your burns, I found that very useful when building my initial RT constellation, among other fun things. For example, I like to have a script that runs at boot time and powers up antennas and solar panels when higher than X meters. While still fully compatible with Remote Tech, it doesn't matter if you have an active connection or not, as long as you fire the command when the connection is up and don't run out of power.

There's a nodeexec script somewhere on their wiki, or I can lend you mine (although it's still rough).

- - - Updated - - -

Nasa/JPL is experimenting with laser from low orbit. Anyone excited by that? :cool:

http://phaeton.jpl.nasa.gov/external/projects/optical.cfm - this babe draws 2.5 Watts and transmits faster than anything apparently.

I'll try to make a new part and put it in my next Minmus base.

BTW anyone has any idea on how much power real low orbit antennas draw?

Edited by Qigon

would it be possible to make the omni antennas physicsless? i believe the mass of physicals parts os now added to the attached part, so it shouldn't be a balancing issue, nd i prefer to not have to have more than one omni antenna on my tiny probe...

This is a good idea and can be solved via MM config. I'll try that tomorrow and submit a PR

Why does the flight computer not use the engine in my game?

Despite being connected all the flight computer does in my game is change orientation. Executing a maneuver seems to change the throttle but the engines will not activate. Seems the only way to fire the the engines is to manually activate them using mouse but that is a really awkward way to do it. I seem to have no proper throttle control using RT.

Despite being connected all the flight computer does in my game is change orientation. Executing a maneuver seems to change the throttle but the engines will not activate. Seems the only way to fire the the engines is to manually activate them using mouse but that is a really awkward way to do it. I seem to have no proper throttle control using RT.

My apologies if this has changed recently, but; in the past, you had to turn on the engine manually (or via another mod). Once the engine is turned on, RT will use the throttle, putting it back to zero when finished with engines, but it won't turn an engine on in the first place.

My apologies if this has changed recently, but; in the past, you had to turn on the engine manually (or via another mod). Once the engine is turned on, RT will use the throttle, putting it back to zero when finished with engines, but it won't turn an engine on in the first place.

I wouldn't want it to activate engines. How would it know which engines I want it to use?

Why does the flight computer not use the engine in my game?

Seems to be working after a reload and some messing around. It could have gotten screwed up due staying in control of launch vehicle. I try will try launching and programming without changing views next time.