[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Quick question

If I turn off a satellites only transmitter, will I be able to turn it on again?

No.

I ask because I have a contract that won't complete.

The task is to set up a 3 sat network and specifies that all the 3 sats must be connected to each other at all times, which they should be able to it's just I have other sats in orbit, and the signals often seem to prefer routing through these, rather than using all three in the contract network.

I was thinking about turning off the alternatives routers. . . . but am worried I'll them permanently lose them.

I would hope that isn't the cause of your problem. You should be OK, even if the command routing is through other sats. Remember, RemoteTech maintains connections to other sats, even if they aren't currently being used for the command link. With that said, I don't use the RemoteTech contract pack, so I can't say for sure how those are configured. I'd check in that thread.

Most probe cores have a 2-3km range, you can pass by them within that range with another probe core to regain control of them while in range.

This is correct, but if you're in career or science mode, you will have to unlock the correct tech to build probes with them. (Unmanned Tech, IIRC.)

Quick question

If I turn off a satellites only transmitter, will I be able to turn it on again?

last time I tried it, you could turn on antennas with an EVA kerbal

you can also set the antenna to turn on after X seconds with signal delay, turn it off immediatly and then wait for it to turn on automatically.

last time I tried it, you could turn on antennas with an EVA kerbal

you can also set the antenna to turn on after X seconds with signal delay, turn it off immediatly and then wait for it to turn on automatically.

But you have to setup an actual action for it to enable (or at least toggle), since when it is already enabled the only available action on the menu is to Disable, so you can't put the Enable action on a timer without first disabling it to enable the Enable action on the menu, and oh my...

But you have to setup an actual action for it to enable (or at least toggle), since when it is already enabled the only available action on the menu is to Disable, so you can't put the Enable action on a timer without first disabling it to enable the Enable action on the menu, and oh my...

Yeah I forgot about that

but if you haven't launch the satellite you could put "activate" on some action group

Things are getting strange here

When I lanuch a sat, I can't fire the main engine sometimes, cannot get the throttle up higher than 0%,unless I use the flight computer ,and click "burn",and it I do that,I won't be able to shutdown the engine unless I cancel the burn

Its worse if I lanuch a manned ship,cause I can't even open the flight computer,so its impossible to get off the ground

Edited by mark7

Things are getting strange here

When I lanuch a sat, I can't fire the main engine sometimes, cannot get the throttle up higher than 0%,unless I use the flight computer ,and click "burn",and it I do that,I won't be able to shutdown the engine unless I cancel the burn

Its worse if I lanuch a manned ship,cause I can't even open the flight computer,so its impossible to get off the ground

There are a bunch of people here that would happily help you, but we need more info. Screenshots, logs, and what mods you use are a good start. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,

New problem for me, although I swear I read about it previously here. My search-fu is weak this morning though, so please bear with me.

I have just built a station that will be bound for solar orbit. Plan is for one scientist to be aboard, and then have him return via a Mk 1 Command Capsule. The station, although unmanned, has a OKTO probe core hiding in it. The return capsule has a Stayputnik (so that I can use the flight control computer to setup my return course). I use KCT and I was running a simulated launch to test out my build. Everything went fine... made it into orbit, etc, then ran into some problems unrelated to RT 2. Went back into the editor, fixed the problems, and then restarted the sim already in orbit at 100km (I just wanted to check my return capsule. My intrepid scientist boarded the capsule and then undocked and prepared to go home: and here is where the RT 2 weirdness began.

I brought the flight computer up and attempted to orient my vessel. No go. Checked and realized I had locked off the power on the core and my capsule (I keep the return capsule cold and dark to make sure I always start the return flight with full power and supplies, regardless of whether my solar panels are providing power). Restored power and tried again. No go. Checked the map and saw I had a connection to KSC (which shouldn't matter; I should still be able to use the flight computer in local control mode as long as I have a core with SPU on board, or so I understand). Nothing I did made a difference--clicking orientation buttons on the flight control computer put a notation in the queue, but didn't have an actual effect, and setting a maneuver node and hitting EXEC did nothing at all. And yes, I was manually able to control both thrust and rotation, so it was not a matter of an engine or reaction wheel issue.

It seems to me that having more than one core has confused RT, but this is not the first multi-core vessel I've launched, and it *is* the first time I've experienced this issue.

Thoughts?

Logs and craft file here: http://1drv.ms/1KnqcMV Craft should be stock plus surface lights, KIS, Real Chute, and Universal Storage.

RasterPropMonitor-Core v0.20.0

UniversalStorage 1.1.0.4

xScience 4.4

surfacelights 1.0

ModuleRCSFX v4.1

PilotAssistant 1.10.0

USI-EXP 0.4.1

KSP-AVC 1.1.5.0

ScienceAlert 1.8.7

FirespitterCore v7.1.3

KerbalAlarmClock v3.3.2.1

CommunityResourcePack 0.4.2

ProceduralFairings v3.14

Chatterer 0.9.5

TacFuelBalancer v2.5.1

TACLS v0.11.1.20

DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.2

TriggerAu-Flags 2.7.1.0

Toolbar 1.7.9

AlternateResourcePanel 2.7.1.0

TACLS-Config-Stock v0.11.1.20

RealChute 1.3.2.3

ShipManifest 4.3.0.2

KerbalEngineerRedux 1.0.16.6

FinalFrontier 0.8.2-1285

PlanetShine 0.2.3.1

AviationLights 3.7

KerbalConstructionTime 1.1.7

StationScience 1.5

PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.3.1

DistantObject-default v1.5.5

DistantObject v1.5.5

USITools 0.4.1

PreciseNode 1.1.3

DavonSupplyMod 014

SAVE 1.0.1-672

TransferWindowPlanner v1.3.0.1

KerbalNRAP 1.5.0.4

WaypointManager 2.3.2

EditorExtensions 2.8

KAS 0.5.2

StageRecovery 1.5.6

ModuleManager 2.6.5

AGExt 1.32d

RemoteTech 1.6.5

Fusebox 1.31

RasterPropMonitor v0.20.0

KIS 1.1.5

GCMonitor 1.2.4.0-21

ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic 5-0

ConnectedLivingSpace 1.1.3.0

Protractor v2.5.1

DangIt 0.6.1

SCANsat v12.1

Trajectories v1.3.0a

ModularFlightIntegrator 1.0.repackaged0

RCSBuildAid 0.7.1

SmartStage v2.6.1

DeadlyReentry v7.1.0

And speaking of help, no one has any ideas?

And speaking of help, no one has any ideas?

Not really, though I do have a couple questions: what are you using to do the simulated launch? Hyperedit? KCT?

What happens if you quit KSP and restart it? Does the problem happen again?

..the delay works for flight computer commands only (antennae deploying, science, staging, SAS on/off, RCS on/off, kill rotation and so on) but it doesn't work with direct input commands (WASD, QE, ZX from the keyboard).

The problem was not in mods order. Maybe someone has already noticed this thing. PROTRACTOR causes this delay malfunction. Not the mod itself, but the part (protractor calculator) attached to the ship. If protractor isn't attached the delay works fine, if - attached delay works only for flight computer commands. Is it only my glitch of someone has faced it too?

The problem was not in mods order. Maybe someone has already noticed this thing. PROTRACTOR causes this delay malfunction. Not the mod itself, but the part (protractor calculator) attached to the ship. If protractor isn't attached the delay works fine, if - attached delay works only for flight computer commands. Is it only my glitch of someone has faced it too?

It sounded like Gaiiden had the same behavior:

Self-control is the best solution here. While the signal delay does a great job simulating the effects of deep space missions, the RT flight computer can't handle every situation. For example, try using the flight computer to line up your craft's cameras for a good photo. You'll be thankful for immediate WASD response then!

It sounded like Gaiiden had the same behavior

StevenMadding said he was going to fix it - he either never got a chance to do so before the latest release or I managed to successfully argue to have it not be fixed

I can't seem to send science data back to KSC. I have a connection either directly, or through a relay comsat. But I still can't send it. I press the button, and nothing happens. It still makes me agree to disable science modules that cannot be repeated after sending, but it doesn't send the data or give me science. Any clue what's happening? There's no way this is an intended feature.

Silly question: If I wanna make a antenna which can't transmit scientific data, then will this be enough?

MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
TechRequired = unmannedTech
OmniRange = 1000000
}

I can't seem to send science data back to KSC. I have a connection either directly, or through a relay comsat. But I still can't send it. I press the button, and nothing happens. It still makes me agree to disable science modules that cannot be repeated after sending, but it doesn't send the data or give me science. Any clue what's happening? There's no way this is an intended feature.

I also got the problem, usually switching to space center and back to the vessel fixes it. I've created a bug report on github but wasn't able to reproduce it. Can you reproduce it?

Github Issue: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/439

I really like this mod and have managed to build a nice network around Kerbin.

I used a lot of manual control when controlling probes and didn't notice much delay. I thought it was due to being so close to Kerbin so I ignored it.

It's when I sent a probe to Duna for the first time that I noticed zero input delay...

SAS and Science Equipment have a proper delay which I can see being processed. But I can rotate and adjust throttle instantly...

It's when I sent a probe to Duna for the first time that I noticed zero input delay...

SAS and Science Equipment have a proper delay which I can see being processed. But I can rotate and adjust throttle instantly...

Read back, this has been discussed before. Technically, it could be considered a bug, but actually it overcomes any limitations the Flight Computer may have. Yes, you can throttle and WASD without delay, but no one's forcing you to do that either. You're still able to use the Flight Computer instead.

I'm having an issue as far as compatibility with MechJeb. I'm trying to set up a four satellite array, and whenever I try to get MechJeb to do my transfer to keosynchronous orbit, I plan and tell it to execute. It points at the node automatically (so some MechJeb modules are working) but does not autowarp for the node, and if I warp myself it just misses the node without firing the engines. The right-click menu on the AR202 MechJeb part also says ModuleSPU: No Connection. For the record, this is a manned craft (i.e. there is local connection). I tried editing the save file to make the module inactive to no avail. This is not an issue I've had in previous manned missions, and even now I can do the maneuver manually, but MechJeb won't do it. The engine is out of electric charge (there's plenty in the ship though) if that makes any difference. I need MechJeb to make my orbits as accurate as possible. Any ideas on what's causing it and how to fix it or work around it?

Another interesting detail I just noticed is that if I try a maneuver over KSC, so that I actually do have a line of sight connection, it shows the connection from me to KSC in map view, but still says "Local Control" in the top left corner. Don't know if that's related, why it's happening, or it even matters.

Edited by HeadCornMan

I really like this mod and have managed to build a nice network around Kerbin.

I used a lot of manual control when controlling probes and didn't notice much delay. I thought it was due to being so close to Kerbin so I ignored it.

I don't know if it's your issue, but...

It seems like that the latest changes in RSS broke the "HideGroundStationsBehindBody" option. If this option is enabled in a Stock + RSS + RemoteTech installation and upon entering the Tracking Station scene or launching a vessel, Remote Tech fails to render the ground station points or the radio link lines. The debug log is spammed continuously by the following nullref (until exiting back to the Space Center):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RemoteTech.NetworkRenderer.IsOccluded (Vector3d loc, .CelestialBody body) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.NetworkRenderer.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

The problem is that Remote Tech will reference "Kerbin" instead of "Earth" when checking for the celestial body name (since RSS changes all planet names), since it is hard coded in the NetworkRenderer.cs OnGUI() function.

It'd be nice if flight computer modes were automatically set to off when engage SAS command is received. It's getting tedious to always press X before engaging SAS. KillROT doesn't really do a good job with saving RCS fuel.

Hello, folks!

I've been using RT for some time now and I like it very much. Unfortunately, my computer disagrees with me...

Until I buy a new computer, I'll have to improvise. Problem is: I'm used to RT's Flight Computer (even "limited" as it is).

I know it's a long shot but is it possible to "detach" from RT and use it separately? If not, is there any alternative besides kOS (too complicated for someone with 6 to 8 hours a week to play) and MJ (AFAIK it doesn't execute action groups)?

Now a "longer" shot: do you intend to separate it from RT?

Edited by jlcarneiro
Fixed the estimative on playing time per week