[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Wondering if someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here (unless it's a bug). I'm running KSP in Steam on version 1.0.4.861 and running RemoteTech version 1.6.7. I believe I have it installed correctly, but I don't think it's working. Regardless of if I have a crewed vehicle on the pad or a remotely operated one, I get the same display status in the top left corner: http://screencast.com/t/5fzCEKKd and http://screencast.com/t/ugnD144w. I have full control over whatever I launch. Am I missing something?

Here are my version checker output:

KSP: 1.0.4 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

Chatterer - 0.9.6.86

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

RemoteTech - 1.6.7

Thanks

Wondering if someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here (unless it's a bug). I'm running KSP in Steam on version 1.0.4.861 and running RemoteTech version 1.6.7. I believe I have it installed correctly, but I don't think it's working. Regardless of if I have a crewed vehicle on the pad or a remotely operated one, I get the same display status in the top left corner: http://screencast.com/t/5fzCEKKd and http://screencast.com/t/ugnD144w. I have full control over whatever I launch. Am I missing something?

KSP: 1.0.4 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

Chatterer - 0.9.6.86

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

RemoteTech - 1.6.7

Thanks

Did you install ModuleManager *.*.* ?

Chatterer - 0.9.6.86

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

RemoteTech - 1.6.7

Thanks

Local control only shows when craft have an antenna. That is because the flight computer is not applicable (N/A) without one. Not sure what is going on with the second screenshot. When you say you have full control, does that include a probe with no antenna?

Edited by Alshain

Hello, i apologise if this has been asked before. But i have trouble keeping my satelites in sync. The problem is that the orbital period wobbles, or flickers. I can never get them to match 100%, so after timewarpning the satelites are significantly out of position. How do you guys combat this problem? Is it just something i will have to live with? Thanks in advance.

Actually use Ant engine is better than RCS because it provides same max thrust, while the 5%~5.5% thrust limiter + shift/ctrl thrust control can achieve way finer control than RCS.

After that, shut down engine, and then repeatedly do escape until you happen to get a good semi-major axis. You don't need to do too crazy, but you can expect to achieve an error half than the standard deviation of the disturbance within a couple of tries. Once you're happy with the number, go to space center and never return to the satellite again.

Using this method, on Kerbin, my network stays at semi-major axis 2Mm+-0.5m. This gives <0.005s drift out of a 2.6h period. This means you need more than 30 year to get 1 degree drift, and I'm happy with it.

Local control only shows when craft have an antenna. That is because the flight computer is not applicable (N/A) without one. Not sure what is going on with the second screenshot. When you say you have full control, does that include a probe with no antenna?

Right, basically whether I have an antenna or not or capsule or whatever, I still have full control and I can't get the RemoteTech display to show anything differently than that.

Hello, i apologise if this has been asked before. But i have trouble keeping my satelites in sync. The problem is that the orbital period wobbles, or flickers. I can never get them to match 100%, so after timewarpning the satelites are significantly out of position. How do you guys combat this problem? Is it just something i will have to live with? Thanks in advance.

There is a sort of cheat to this that involves editing your persistent save file (NOTE: ALWAYS BACK IT UP BEFORE EDITING!)

Throw up your sats in geosync orbits where you want them with their AP and PE as close to the same as possible. Then edit your save file. Find one of your crafts. In the Orbit section, copy the number after sma= and paste it to the other sats so they all have the same sma. They should then remain in sync. Sort of a cheat, yes, but unless you want to constantly keep an eye on them and make corrections, it's the easiest way. Just pretend they keep themselves in sync :P

There is a sort of cheat to this that involves editing your persistent save file (NOTE: ALWAYS BACK IT UP BEFORE EDITING!)

Throw up your sats in geosync orbits where you want them with their AP and PE as close to the same as possible. Then edit your save file. Find one of your crafts. In the Orbit section, copy the number after sma= and paste it to the other sats so they all have the same sma. They should then remain in sync. Sort of a cheat, yes, but unless you want to constantly keep an eye on them and make corrections, it's the easiest way. Just pretend they keep themselves in sync :P

You can use HyperEdit to do this cheat, just make sure you are not in range of the satellites. go to the tracking station and fix the orbits from there using hyperedit

You can use HyperEdit to do this cheat, just make sure you are not in range of the satellites. go to the tracking station and fix the orbits from there using hyperedit

Yeah that's a good way to do it in-game. I even have it installed but did it the hard way lol love your antennas by the way! I use outer planets so they're quite handy!

Yeah that's a good way to do it in-game. I even have it installed but did it the hard way lol love your antennas by the way! I use outer planets so they're quite handy!

I'm getting a lot of positive feedback about those. Which is weird since I've rarely found people asking for higher range antennas.

I wasn't even sure anyone would have download that pack. And it's now probably the one with the most downloads between my mods

Hey folks, I am trying to copy the asteroid day cfg a few pages back, unfortunately my internet has gone at home so I am having to look at the cfg in my phone and write I out on my pc myself, I have made sure I have used upper/lower case correctly, and all the punctuation is in the right place, but unfortunately I cant get it to work. Any chance someone can I provide me a download that I can transfer over from my phone? Any dl will work, for some reason my phone keeps giving me docx files when I try to copy and paste into a file on my phone.

Got something a little weird going on someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

I have two geo-stationary sats in orbit over KSC at about 45 degrees +/-. They have two relectron KR7s on and communicate between each other. I now have a Mun flyby probe on it's way to Mun inside of 4.5Mm of one sat with LOS to it. No control and saying it's out of range even though it's all powered and both dishes pointing directly at each other. I modded the config to 900Mm for the KR7 and still no connection.

Anybody seen this before?

Got something a little weird going on someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

I have two geo-stationary sats in orbit over KSC at about 45 degrees +/-. They have two relectron KR7s on and communicate between each other. I now have a Mun flyby probe on it's way to Mun inside of 4.5Mm of one sat with LOS to it. No control and saying it's out of range even though it's all powered and both dishes pointing directly at each other. I modded the config to 900Mm for the KR7 and still no connection.

Anybody seen this before?

I'm betting you have your antennas pointed to the mun right?

In remote tech, antennas with higher reach have a smaller field of view (cone angle)

This means that if you point to the mun you will cover only a portion of the sky, and some of the time your probes that orbit the mun will be outside of that region so they wouldn't have any connection.

I suggest you to use the DTS-M1 for the mun and the Reflectron KR-7 for minmus

I'm betting you have your antennas pointed to the mun right?

In remote tech, antennas with higher reach have a smaller field of view (cone angle)

This means that if you point to the mun you will cover only a portion of the sky, and some of the time your probes that orbit the mun will be outside of that region so they wouldn't have any connection.

I suggest you to use the DTS-M1 for the mun and the Reflectron KR-7 for minmus

It isn't. I got caught with a version of that when I started using RT2 :)

I have one of my Geostat sat's pointing directly at the probe with a KR7 after switching from active vessel (that wasn't working either). The probe is pointing directly to the Geostat sat. I'm suspecting one of my other mods might be involved. I might try a fresh install and hyperedit the same situation and see what the crack is.

It isn't. I got caught with a version of that when I started using RT2 :)

I have one of my Geostat sat's pointing directly at the probe with a KR7 after switching from active vessel (that wasn't working either). The probe is pointing directly to the Geostat sat. I'm suspecting one of my other mods might be involved. I might try a fresh install and hyperedit the same situation and see what the crack is.

yeah, if both your probes are pointing to each other and you don't get connection then there's something weird going on :D

a clean install with just RT, modulemanager and hyperedit should work fine, try adding some mod at a time to find what breaks the connection :)

yeah, if both your probes are pointing to each other and you don't get connection then there's something weird going on :D

a clean install with just RT, modulemanager and hyperedit should work fine, try adding some mod at a time to find what breaks the connection :)

I am a plank.

Geostat 1 two KR7 - One to KSC. One to Active vessel.

Geostat 2 two KR7 - One to Geostat 1. One to Active vessel.

So when I connect to Geostat 2, there's no connection to KSC. :blush:

I am a plank.

Geostat 1 two KR7 - One to KSC. One to Active vessel.

Geostat 2 two KR7 - One to Geostat 1. One to Active vessel.

So when I connect to Geostat 2, there's no connection to KSC. :blush:

lol :D

that's why I use omnis to connect the kerbostats ;)

I am having a problem with some remote tech contracts, specifically that they dont recognize the name of the sattelites/probes i have to launch for a basic communications system.

here you can see a screenshot

does anyone have any clues?

modlist should be in signature

I am at a loss in this situation, please help.

I have 3 satellites in orbit around Jool which have a working connection to Mission Control. Each of the satellites has a KR-7 dish pointed at Tylo. I have 3 more satellites in orbit around Tylo. Each of them has 3 KR-7 dishes pointed at the 3 satellites orbiting Jool respectively. The connection to the satellites around Jool seems to be working. But I cannot reach Mission Control. What am I doing wrong?

I am having a problem with some remote tech contracts, specifically that they dont recognize the name of the sattelites/probes i have to launch for a basic communications system.

here you can see a screenshot

does anyone have any clues?

modlist should be in signature

I don't play contracts but IMO name should not even matter - your orbit parameter is still pending that's why the top level contract isn't marked as completed.

- - - Updated - - -

I am at a loss in this situation, please help.

I have 3 satellites in orbit around Jool which have a working connection to Mission Control. Each of the satellites has a KR-7 dish pointed at Tylo. I have 3 more satellites in orbit around Tylo. Each of them has 3 KR-7 dishes pointed at the 3 satellites orbiting Jool respectively. The connection to the satellites around Jool seems to be working. But I cannot reach Mission Control. What am I doing wrong?

Does this depend on some Active Vessel link down the road? If so, then when you switch to somewhere else, this part will be broken.

How do I deactivate the flight computer? I used it to complete a node that would happen when out of range, and now that I'm back in range, everything I try (such as turning on lights, activating other dishes, using action groups) just adds itself to the flight computer queue instead of just doing it. Even if I explicitly right click parts. Is this a bug, or a feature that I can't figure out how to turn off?