[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

You may have to do some creative save file editing to put them back. Open persistant.sfs and look for the following lines

name = ModuleRTAntenna
isEnabled = True
IsRTAntenna = True
IsRTActive = True
IsRTPowered = True
IsRTBroken = False

Thanks. Will try removing Science Alert which seems to be the culprit and revert to a previous version of my save file before I go fidgeting with the persistent file!

Thanks. Will try removing Science Alert which seems to be the culprit and revert to a previous version of my save file before I go fidgeting with the persistent file!

OK, so tried the removal of Science Alert and reinstalled the mod, and the antennas seem to be working, but when I try to transmit data - specifically from my science lab down to Kerbin - the transmission goes through the motions of telling me how much is being transmitted in % and all that, then it says Done! but the science stays on the station.

I have a suggestion for this mod. It would be cool to have some sort of part that would allow you to control a probe from a manned vessel nearby with only the signal delay from the vessel to the probe. The science lab or something else could be used for that. Would that be something you could implement?

hey there, i think i have found a bug. have a simple ship. shows connected on the map. when i try and transmit a crew report it doesn't do it and doesn't show the normal logs ie "no signal to send command on" etc. Checking the logs I found this

[Exception]: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'IScienceDataTransmitter.TransmitData'.

I assume this is relating to the transmit due to the method trying to be called.

cheers

hey there, i think i have found a bug. have a simple ship. shows connected on the map. when i try and transmit a crew report it doesn't do it and doesn't show the normal logs ie "no signal to send command on" etc. Checking the logs I found this

[Exception]: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'IScienceDataTransmitter.TransmitData'.

I assume this is relating to the transmit due to the method trying to be called.

cheers

hmm do you use KSP 1.0.5 ? RT v1.6.9 can only be used for ksp 1.0.5

I seem to be having a problem using RemoteTech 1.6.9 with KSP 1.0.5.1048 when operating the M700 Survey Scanner. When RemoteTech is installed, I can do the survey from Kerbin orbit, then transmit the data, but the survey data never actually appears for the planet, and the KSP UI tells me that I need to perform a survey... :-( I initially had ScienceAlert installed, but removed that mod and the problem persists. Removing RemoteTech and running the survey from a brand-new save seems to work just fine.

Logs are here: https://gridstore.sharefile.com/d-se489d5372464cf48

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide in helping resolve this issue, and my deepest thanks and appreciation to the creators and maintainers of one of my very favorite KSP mods.

i think i have found another bug...i can't toggle breaks event though under local control and full ec .. get "out of power cannot toggle on schedule" message. poor valentina not being recognised as in control..

after allowing it to drain it and start moving again it seemed to realise the errors of its ways! though it was annoying little glitch!

seems to only occur in the following order..

eva, switch back to vehicle, try toggle brakes on = no brakes. reboard eva kerbal = fix.

Edited by casper88

Ok, first off all, I 'd like to thank you for that great mod. I had an issue to my newest Dres mission. I kinda under-estimated my power generation at that distance from the sun. I found my craft entering Dres SOI with 6 minutes worth of battery life. Thankfully I found a way. If I disable all the antennas I would have the nessesary power generation to fill my batteries up. The downside was that I had to de-activate my main dish that kept the Kerbin connection alive. So, the plan, open the flight computer set a delay of 1 minute de-activate the main dish and in the time the commands actually goes to the craft set another delay lets say 2 days and re-activate the antenna. The problem, once the antenna is active, there is no activate option. I have first set the antenna to de-activated to get the activate option, but this means that I will loose contact with Kerbin in the first place. I can't do these series of commands

* set 1 minute delay

* De-activate antenna

* set 2 days of delay

* Activate antenna -- There is no activate option.

In my Dres mission I had 2 antennas to work my way arount this problem. One would be off so I could have an 'Activate' option.

If only there was an 'Re-activae option' or 'Activate option' (despite the fact the antenna is on). Just an idea that might we get to see in a later release.

Thanks!

Ok, first off all, I 'd like to thank you for that great mod. I had an issue to my newest Dres mission. I kinda under-estimated my power generation at that distance from the sun. I found my craft entering Dres SOI with 6 minutes worth of battery life. Thankfully I found a way. If I disable all the antennas I would have the nessesary power generation to fill my batteries up. The downside was that I had to de-activate my main dish that kept the Kerbin connection alive. So, the plan, open the flight computer set a delay of 1 minute de-activate the main dish and in the time the commands actually goes to the craft set another delay lets say 2 days and re-activate the antenna. The problem, once the antenna is active, there is no activate option. I have first set the antenna to de-activated to get the activate option, but this means that I will loose contact with Kerbin in the first place. I can't do these series of commands

* set 1 minute delay

* De-activate antenna

* set 2 days of delay

* Activate antenna -- There is no activate option.

In my Dres mission I had 2 antennas to work my way arount this problem. One would be off so I could have an 'Activate' option.

If only there was an 'Re-activae option' or 'Activate option' (despite the fact the antenna is on). Just an idea that might we get to see in a later release.

Thanks!

iirc you can keybind "activate antenna" using action groups

I used to do it this way:

1- set a time delay (1hr)

2- push the hotkey for activate antenna

3- remove the time delay

4- deactivate antenna rightclicking on it

iirc you can keybind "activate antenna" using action groups

I used to do it this way:

1- set a time delay (1hr)

2- push the hotkey for activate antenna

3- remove the time delay

4- deactivate antenna rightclicking on it

That's...a really great way to make it work! I can't believe I never thought of setting up an activation action group!

cheers

I am getting the exact same problem, exact same error. Got 1.0.5, was excited to see that RemoteTech had already been updated (so I could start a 'real' savegame right away). Made my first ship, just a pod with a couple goos attached, rolled it off the launch pad to get maximum science. Unlocked the science lab. Made a real rocket with the communitron 16 inside a service bay. when I got to around 60km, I opened the service bay, activated the communitron, filed a crew report, clicked the "transmit science" button, and... nothing. The crew report is removed from the vessel and I can make another one immediately, but I do not get any science, and the usual communication log doesn't come up on-screen. In my logs I get "[Exception]: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'IScienceDataTransmitter.TransmitData'."

Disappointing to say the least! I also note that the communicatron 16 doesn't show up on the remotetech communicator list (on the map screen, bottom right button). I can't remember if this is because it's omnidirectional and so doesn't need a target selector ui, or if it's supposed to be there and is bugged.

i'll come back in a bit when I unlock a directional dish.

i think i have found another bug...i can't toggle breaks event though under local control and full ec .. get "out of power cannot toggle on schedule" message. poor valentina not being recognised as in control..

after allowing it to drain it and start moving again it seemed to realise the errors of its ways! though it was annoying little glitch!

seems to only occur in the following order..

eva, switch back to vehicle, try toggle brakes on = no brakes. reboard eva kerbal = fix.

this is happening else where now...

pmkqc7C.png

Are the ground station no longer accepting dishes pointed to them? I have a 480GM dish pointing to Kosmodrome ground and im not getting a connection with line of site. Im only as far as the moon in RSS.

update...for those of you using a community config, you must change the antenna node in the config file from 7.5+e07 to a 75e+07 . This will put you around 750 mega meters which is almost double the moon distance.

This should solve any problems with you dishes losing connection on such a short leash.

Edited by lextacy
found it

I also found that i cant transit Science from my Mobile Processing Lab while Remote Tech is installed. Please fix, I love this mod!

seconded. this is confirmed broken on a clean install of 1.0.5 with mods reinstalled from scratch. I thought it was a module compatibility issue but it seems to be a general problem. Here's the relevant log section:

RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Research results) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 0 - Files to Go: 0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ResearchAndDevelopment.GetScienceValue (Single dataAmount, .ScienceSubject subject, Single xmitScalar) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ResearchAndDevelopment.SubmitScienceData (Single dataAmount, .ScienceSubject subject, Single xmitScalar, .ProtoVessel source, Boolean reverseEngineered) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RnDCommsStream.submitStreamData (.ProtoVessel source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RnDCommsStream.StreamData (Single dataAmount, .ProtoVessel source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTDataTransmitter+<Transmit>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I also found that i cant transit Science from my Mobile Processing Lab while Remote Tech is installed. Please fix, I love this mod!

I am getting this same issue just trying to transmit from probes. I have an MPL but not in the ship in question. This is in a save that was started in 1.0.4 I have not yet tested with a clean save.

I also found that you cannot conduct orbital survey's, same issue as with the science lab