[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

On 16 декабря 2015 г., WuphonsReach said:

The link to the replacement DLL is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7rnm3n2l8k2iqt/RemoteTech.zip?dl=0

You will need to overwrite the existing RemoteTech DLL in your GameData/ folder with the one that FancyMouse created.

Great! It fixed the bug that was blocking my Mobile Processing Lab from transmitting science.

Yelp...

So I have a comms relay setup on Kerbin, Mun and Minmus of 5 satelites each. Each satelite with three 50K 45° dishes and a single omnidirectional 5K antenna. Where do I point the three dishes, as I am losing contact with Kerbin when KSC is not in line of sight?

Mun satelites: 1 dish pointing to Kerbin (not KSC), 1 pointed to Minmus, 1 unasigned
Minmus satelites: 1 pointing to Kerbin (not KSC), 1 to Mun, 1 unasigned
Kerbin: 1`pointing to KSC, 1 to Mun, 1 to Minmus

Edited by Jimbodiah

Well, you dont really need 5 sats for each SOI...3 or 4 would do...

With THAT being said, for each SOI (Minmus, Mun, Kerbin), you need one dish on each sat to point to:  1) the sat on it's left, 2) the sat on it's right, 3) the planetary body you're trying to connect TO

EDIT: Scratch that... I missed that you had 5K omnis on everything...lol... Just make sure aech sat is in omni range of at least one other sat (but preferably BOTH the sats on either side of it)... What's the orbit of each SOI's sats?

Edited by Stone Blue

2000km on Kerbin, 250km on Minmus and 500km on Mun. I have them combined with Interstellar microwave repeaters as a power grid. It's sandbox, so no problem changing anything. Trying to figure out how it all works.

So I just need to aim one on each to Kerbin, not to the other body (ie from Mun to Minmus). I'll try your setup for Kerbin as the omni-directional will not reach the next satellite I think.

Got it up and running now. Thanks for the tip!

I just noticed the antennas don't send science anymore, tried to do a survey with the M700 but it does not transmit the data (cq does not complete the scan).  Found the last upload here... fixed.

Edited by Jimbodiah

1 hour ago, Jimbodiah said:

2000km on Kerbin, 250km on Minmus and 500km on Mun. I have them combined with Interstellar microwave repeaters as a power grid. It's sandbox, so no problem changing anything. Trying to figure out how it all works.

Yeah...You're fine with 5 sats, & 5Mm omni at those orbits...

So I just need to aim one on each to Kerbin, not to the other body (ie from Mun to Minmus). I'll try your setup for Kerbin as the omni-directional will not reach the next satellite I think.

Yup... Unless you specifically want anything around Mun/Minmus to "talk" directly to each other...

If you havent seen this before, i find this web-tool invaluable for RT:

Visual RemoteTech Planner for KSP

And of course, there's the EXCELLENT User's Guide (which I think should have a LARGER presence in the OP) :) ):

RemoteTech User's Manual

Edited by Stone Blue

My preference for Kerbin is (4) sats with Comm-16s at 450.52km (60 minutes) and M1s for Mun/Minmus.  The primary advantage of the 450.52km orbit is that you can "catch" launch vessels that only have the 500km DP-10 active.  They can link to the sats to the sides as well.  Later on I add Comm 88-88 sats for Duna/Eve/Moho/Active at the same altitude.

Most of what I send up has a pretty tall fairing, so I stick a 5K omni in there. But you have a point... without the 5K antenna the rockets turns into a flying paper-weight a few km from the launchpad. Already forgot an antenna a few times and was like  "wth" when the engine cut out.

So uh.. I'm having this problem.

Last night I started with RemoteTech and got a nice satellite system set up around Kerbin all nice and good, and started on the Mun

This afternoon, my satellites are no longer connecting in chain and are instead connecting THROUGH planetary bodies. Like my Munsat is connected through the Mun and through Kerbin right to the Space Center, regardless of line of sight.

Knowing my luck this will be something incredibly obvious that I'm just not seeing

So I have an odd sort of issue, that I can't find the answer to anywhere. I just decided to try out RemoteTech, but I've found that I can still control unmanned probes, and none of the antenna tracking lines show up in the tracking centre. The parts are there, but it's as if the mod hasn't kicked in somehow. 
Here's some screenshots attempting to illustrate:
http://imgur.com/a/fDr6t

@Jimbodiah  Your suggestion is correct; I had only the FancyMouse replacement RemoteTech.dll file in the plugins folder for RemoteTech and like @Fizbanger and @Matrix_kbh the dll alone actually broke a bunch of stuff.  However once the ModuleRTDataTransmitter.cs file was included in the folder, transmitting researched science from the Advanced Science Laboratory and the MPL works again and the bugs seen without the .cs file also resolved.  I haven't spent time playing with the replacement dll beyond this - but at least for now it seems all good!  Thanks all!

On 22/12/2015 at 5:06 AM, Pepo said:

@Jimbodiah  Your suggestion is correct; I had only the FancyMouse replacement RemoteTech.dll file in the plugins folder for RemoteTech and like @Fizbanger and @Matrix_kbh the dll alone actually broke a bunch of stuff.  However once the ModuleRTDataTransmitter.cs file was included in the folder, transmitting researched science from the Advanced Science Laboratory and the MPL works again and the bugs seen without the .cs file also resolved.  I haven't spent time playing with the replacement dll beyond this - but at least for now it seems all good!  Thanks all!

So you added Both the dll and the .cs file to the remote tech into the same folder?

Thanks alot for this mod, I really love it.

I got a question: how do the ranges on the antennas work? For 2 things (ground bases, satalites, probes, etc). to communicate with eachother do they both have to have antenna's that can communicate over the entire distance, or does the antenna's combined distance have to be able to reach my target?

For example, say I have a probe that is 100 Mm from earth, and I have a satalite network that can reach over 100Mm, does that probe also require an antenna that can reach >100Mm (so it can send signals back and forth), or is any antenna enough?

Thanks! :)

2 hours ago, CitizenVeen said:

Thanks alot for this mod, I really love it.

I got a question: how do the ranges on the antennas work? For 2 things (ground bases, satalites, probes, etc). to communicate with eachother do they both have to have antenna's that can communicate over the entire distance, or does the antenna's combined distance have to be able to reach my target?

By default (in the config) RT runs in "shortest range wins".  So if you have a 500km DP-10 trying to talk to a 5Mm Comm-32, and you are farther then 500km away, it won't work.

There is also a "Root Range" (or "Additive") mode, which requires editing the .cfg file:

https://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/guide/settings/#appendix-root-range-model

Hey guys, just to update the fix does not work for me.

Copying the .cs file also has no effect - just everything bugged.

Having said that, without the fix the only transmission that doesn't work is from the science lab - all other transmission works fine.

Weird annoying bug.  Love this mod though.