Peppie23

[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Recommended Posts

I want to download this mod, but I can't extend the antenna on my existing probe because it has already transmitted data, and I don't know how to fix it. Any way to bypass this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, when I´m playing and want to scan for resources, progresion completed but the done message doeasn´t show and the resource map neither. I read in internet that this could be for science alarm mod or remotetech mod. Is this true?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rlin; you can send a kerbal up, EVA and right click the antenna to say 'force open' and adjust it manually.

Or you could turn off remotetech temporarily, make sure all the antennas from your old save are deployed, and then install remotetech.

Or, you could also go into the remotetech settings and set the range multiplier to 1E+99; if you've got it, the probe cores with built in 3km omni should be able to reach KSC so you can tell them to deploy their main antenna (then switch the multiplier back of course)

 

Drastyy; fastest way is to try it (remove science alarm temporarily and see if things work), but Yes is the answer from what I've read.

There is also a patch for the science lab transmissions which may be related a couple pages up the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, suicidejunkie said:

Rlin; you can send a kerbal up, EVA and right click the antenna to say 'force open' and adjust it manually.

Or you could turn off remotetech temporarily, make sure all the antennas from your old save are deployed, and then install remotetech.

Or, you could also go into the remotetech settings and set the range multiplier to 1E+99; if you've got it, the probe cores with built in 3km omni should be able to reach KSC so you can tell them to deploy their main antenna (then switch the multiplier back of course)

 

Drastyy; fastest way is to try it (remove science alarm temporarily and see if things work), but Yes is the answer from what I've read.

There is also a patch for the science lab transmissions which may be related a couple pages up the thread.

Okay. I have plenty of probes, so I'll need plenty of service missions (because my rockets don't have enough dV to do it all in one mission). I'm happy to know how to operate the RCS pack.

Edit: I am installing this mod for sure! :D

Edited by rlin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Drastyy said:

Hi, when I´m playing and want to scan for resources, progresion completed but the done message doeasn´t show and the resource map neither. I read in internet that this could be for science alarm mod or remotetech mod. Is this true?

Thanks

 

Same here, and I don't have science alarm, so Yes.

 

The workaround by FancyMouse worked for me though. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7rnm3n2l8k2iqt/RemoteTech.zip?dl=0

Edited by lodestar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, lodestar said:

 

Same here, and I don't have science alarm, so Yes.

 

The workaround by FancyMouse worked for me though. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7rnm3n2l8k2iqt/RemoteTech.zip?dl=0

Thaks you so much!! M700 Survey Scaner now works!! Mi problem now is that when I'm on track station and try to see how ore have a planet, it say me that I should do a resource scaner but when I'm with a probe resource map work perfect. Thanks so much again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Stone Blue, i've made the .cfg patch. If i understand, this patch shall be within the parts' folder. I've tried, but it doesn't work, something's wrong with what i've done. I've made a copy of another patch, from another compatable pack, and renamed, changed the numbers to match the ones of the antenna i'd like to play with, respected the typo... I've started a new savegame, nothing. Before bothering someone with sending the file, i've noticed that the antennas in RSR are in the "utility" folder instead of the "science" folder. Category in the .cfg file is "science". Could it be the cause ? Thanx if you or someone else would be patient enough to help me. I realy want to give a little thing to this wonderful parts pack, and perhaps, later, give a little help to players and, why not ? to modders. I don't have enough money to donate, and i've spent so many wonderful hours with so many mods in so many games... I'd realy like to give something back, at least with my brain and my good will...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@WolfAngriff First, it doesnt really matter where the patch goes, as long as it is in /Gamedata, or a subfolder there-in... You dont have to change anything in the part.cfg... You make a NEW .cfg... You dont put anything from the part.cfg in it...It only needs to have a few lines of code, to specify MODULE changes/additions to use on the part...I only have a basic, limited understanding of Module Manager syntax, so i usually copy & paste from someone else's work... Hopefully someone with a better knowledge of MM will chime in with specifics.

Out of curiosity, what "patch" did you copy? You might get help if you ask for someone to help you, or to write an RT patch for the two antennas, in the Rusty Star thread... I would think, if enough people ask, the mod author should probably supply in the mod, to make it "out-of-the-box" RT compatable...

Edited by Stone Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Drastyy said:

Thaks you so much!! M700 Survey Scaner now works!! Mi problem now is that when I'm on track station and try to see how ore have a planet, it say me that I should do a resource scaner but when I'm with a probe resource map work perfect. Thanks so much again!

This is a known stock bug (in fact regression) introduced in 1.0.5 unrelated to RT. No workaround so far AFAIK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding my two cents to the pile that my resource scanner does not work even with the FancyMouse fix.  Do not have Science Alert installed.  Also, it appears that the mod has not been active since the middle of November on the forum, which is a little concerning for future development and bug fixing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RemoteTech Noob questions incoming:

I have a very forgiving configured version of RT installed.  I have RemoteTech XF and the following .cfg settings -
RangeMultiplier = 0.5
EnableSignalDelay = False
RangeModelType = Additive

In my current career the:
Reflectron KR-14 dish range: 0.00m / 30.00Gm
Comms DTS-M1  range: 0.00m / 25.00Mm
Communotron 32 range: 0.00m / 2.50Mm

I have setup [again thanks to the KSP community] a 3 satellite Synchronous in both Kerbin and Minmus using the following information.

Kerbin: Synchronous orbit of 2863.33 km with each [3 total] satellites Sidereal rotation period very close to 5 h 59 m 9.4 s

Minmus:  Synchronous orbit of 357.94 km with each [3 total] satellites Sidereal rotation period so very very close to 1 d 5 h 13 m 20 s

No, I have a basic understanding of all that and that the satellites are in the same orbit and keep the same distance from one another, providing the best possible coverage.

Each satellite has: KR-14x2, DTS-M1x2 and a single Communotron 32 [image below]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8bgPP0DpwZecy15eGN2UUdqN0E/view?usp=sharing

In both Kerbin and Minmus, the 'relays' are talking to one another, but I cannot seem to figure out how to maintain a link from Kerbin to Minmus.

I have tried:
Point all 3 kerbin sats' KR14' towards minmus and all 3 minmus sats' KR14' towards kerbin and I don't get a connection,

Yes - I know that my satellites are waaaaay over engineered [only been playing KSP for 3 months] and I most likely did something wrong on how to get the connection between the two going.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to fix the link issue?

thank you and please understand that I am trying to get the science part of this, but at the same time i am a casual gamer trying to enjoy the game.

thank you  again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can i use RSS config for RT in 64k? It's really hard to launch first few sattelites with only KSC being the only spot that you can connec to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I have tried:
Point all 3 kerbin sats' KR14' towards minmus and all 3 minmus sats' KR14' towards kerbin and I don't get a connection,

KR-14 has a very narrow cone angle (0.04o), when you point it at Kerbin from Minmus it's not wide enough to connect to satellites in keostationary orbit (unless when one of them crosses right in front of Kerbin.

You should use DTS-M1 (45o angle) for Minmus/Mun-Kerbin communication (both ways).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@charfa Thank you for the reply, what would you suggest for an eve to kerbin?  In regards to the DTS-M1, the range isn't enough to reach, will that still work?

Edited by gamerscircle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

@charfa Thank you for the reply, what would you suggest for an eve to kerbin?  In regards to the DTS-M1, the range isn't enough to reach, will that still work?

You can see suggested ranges here. For example Communotron 88-88 will work for Duna (And should for EVE as well).

Edited by Varsi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/12/2015 at 8:13 PM, alexzzzz said:

Great! It fixed the bug that was blocking my Mobile Processing Lab from transmitting science.
 

Worked for me as well, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can I remove the cone angle on antennae? I'm running RO, and I've lost a few missions due to not pointing my antennae at Earth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, billw2011 said:

Worked for me as well, thanks!

This does work , yes!  I can now transmit science from the science lab, but I cannot manipulate the probes that I lost connection with  [yes, I am running a very forgiving version of RT] and was curious what I can change in a .cfg file or that can be updated in the new .dll?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

How can I remove the cone angle on antennae? I'm running RO, and I've lost a few missions due to not pointing my antennae at Earth.

You could try Remote Tech XF. It lets you target and activate antenna even if you don't have a connection.

And if you had to use FancyMouses fix then you should get the version that has it included.

Edited by Varsi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I searched and didn't see any discusion.

Does anyone have any hints on how to NOT get all your ignitions used up by the flight computer on a scheduled burn when using remotetech and real fuels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, R2ch said:

I searched and didn't see any discusion.

Does anyone have any hints on how to NOT get all your ignitions used up by the flight computer on a scheduled burn when using remotetech and real fuels?

I actually have no knowledge about how it works with real fuels but with stock the flight computer starts the burn only once per node. Is there some bug eating the ignitions?

//Edit

So the problem is the fact you need to give the ship a push before igniting the main engine?

Edited by Varsi
Figuring things out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, R2ch said:

I searched and didn't see any discusion.

Does anyone have any hints on how to NOT get all your ignitions used up by the flight computer on a scheduled burn when using remotetech and real fuels?

Currently, the only possible way is to add some solid ullage motors and then to tell Flight Computer to activate them prior to the main engine ignition.

The next version of RT will add the ability to schedule propulsive nodes that can use the RCS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Varsi said:

You could try Remote Tech XF. It lets you target and activate antenna even if you don't have a connection.

And if you had to use FancyMouses fix then you should get the version that has it included.

Thanks! That's a probe-saver!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GAH!

I thought I had this down.

I have three satellites in orbit of Kerbin, each with a Communotron 16 and a DTS-M1 (which shouldn't figure into this, they are set to target active vessel).

I had the network stable at .75Mm (750,000m) and wanted to move it out closer to, but still WELL WITHIN, the C.16's 2.5Mm range. So I did the math, and found that my triangle could move out to 1.4Mm.

To be safe, I stopped at 1.2Mm, with everything moving out at the same time to keep in formation, and... everything lost comms except the one in range of KSC. Where did I go wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tfin said:

Where did I go wrong?

My guess is you forgot that 1.4Mm limit is from Kerbin center, but the altitude shown in game is above sea level, so your max altitude is 800km.

Did I guess right? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.