[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

18 hours ago, Mods_o_joy said:

Why cant i control a probe from a crewed station when the antennas are set to target eachn other, the crewed station does not have connection to KSC

You need 6 Kerbals and a special module for that, simply having a manned probe is not sufficient.

Read here, it is right under "Probe Cores" at the first page

https://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/guide/parts/

Think of it as a mobile KSC...

The 6 crew act as Mission Controllers, the special probe core acts as all the Mission Control computers & stuff...
Its meant so you can send it, say, to outer planets, and you can control a planetary SOI locally, without having to setup long range communications/antennas/networks/relays... Also, does away with signal delay, for use with those mods that incorporate signal delay into the game... So just like having a KSC right there in that planet's SOI...

Edited by Stone Blue

If the probe is only 20m away, EVA a kerbal and then you can right click on the probe to manually repoint its antenna towards KSC.

In real life, wheels and ladders are available much sooner as well :D

KSC has a fixed range.  Upgrades would be cool, but anything of practical significance would mean an orbital network isn't required.  The current range is a balance decision.

On 28.1.2016 at 8:59 PM, Mods_o_joy said:

that does not make any Logical sense, why would i need 6 Kerbals and a Probe core to control another probe?

Because you need at least 3 People to have one workplace manned 24h a day. If you need 2 workplaces to have the process of remote control up and running, you have a total of 6 kerbals necessary.

On top of that: Needing less than 6 kerbals for a command station would just not be balanced in any way

^^

I see your point, but on the other hand, then why bother needing comms from KSC at all then?... No need for any type of comm relays/networks in the game then...Why bother with probes or sats at all?... just send everything manned with a couple Kerbals... IMHO, 6 Kerbals and a special core is a small balance price to pay for the full functions of a mobile KSC mission control... ???

Edited by Stone Blue

On 28.01.2016 at 1:51 AM, Yemo said:

But you can change that in the configs (as was done for SETIrebalance).

Is it possible to change remote control station requirements instead of

- specific probe core and 6 kerbals

to 

- have 2 pilots on crafts?

It would be really useful if the flight computer shortly before a manuever execution would use reaction wheels or thrusters to orient towards the node indicator, orienting as the burn starts means the engine is used as well which for me now and then it creates an oscillation which results in the burn never completing and the craft just oscillating around trying to keep the node at the end of the burn until the fuel runs out.

So yeah, just having the flight computer attempt to orient maybe 60 seconds before the burn? would be cool, if no reaction wheels or thrusters are available it could then just wait for the burn.

EDIT: I came back to edit and say that I realized it's possible to schedule a NODE adjustment a small time before the burn will fire which will give the effect I was looking for and it looks like it's been recommended too, thanks! :P

Edited by bradleyjh

3 hours ago, evileye.x said:

Is it possible to change remote control station requirements instead of

- specific probe core and 6 kerbals

to 

- have 2 pilots on crafts?

Probably, but I do not know, I just changed it to 2 kerbals with probe core for SETIrebalance.

Hello,

I have a problem with this mod. When I build a rocket, adopted a little one just to get into orbit, the engine suddenly stops after 4000 meters or so, so I have no more thrust. So as if you press " X " and then I can't do anything, no push or throw launchers and the rocket falls back to the ground. With prefabricated rockets I have no problem.

That depends definitely together with the mod, because without it works!

Has anyone else this problem? 

49 minutes ago, Bazz01 said:

Hello,

I have a problem with this mod. When I build a rocket, adopted a little one just to get into orbit, the engine suddenly stops after 4000 meters or so, so I have no more thrust. So as if you press " X " and then I can't do anything, no push or throw launchers and the rocket falls back to the ground. With prefabricated rockets I have no problem.

Is the signal indicator green when launching?  When when the rocket stops, what color is it? I am not an expert at all and this might be an obvious question, do you have an omni directional antenna?

1 hour ago, Bazz01 said:

Hello,

Probe cores have a built in 3km antenna that gets it off the pad (usually).  However, you also need to add the DP-10 omnidirectional, always-on, so that once you get to about 3km of altitude you don't lose the connection to KSC.

Very classic problem, I do it to myself regularly when I forget to add the always-on omnidirectional antenna.

I also set a Comm-16 or Comm-32 to auto-deploy (using Smart Parts ALT-PRO hooked to the "abort" event) at 65km (plus I unfurl any solar panels and jettison the payload shroud using that same "abort" event).

1 hour ago, WuphonsReach said:

Probe cores have a built in 3km antenna that gets it off the pad (usually).  However, you also need to add the DP-10 omnidirectional, always-on, so that once you get to about 3km of altitude you don't lose the connection to KSC.

Very classic problem, I do it to myself regularly when I forget to add the always-on omnidirectional antenna.

I also set a Comm-16 or Comm-32 to auto-deploy (using Smart Parts ALT-PRO hooked to the "abort" event) at 65km (plus I unfurl any solar panels and jettison the payload shroud using that same "abort" event).

Oh thanks man, that was the porblem. With the DP-10 it works. :3

I do not understand why this mod is still made available considering the fact that it cannot transmit any science in career mode.

The bug was reported and there is apparently a fix for it... I just downloaded the latest version on Github and it is still not working !

What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks for the mod and support work nevertheless !

I am sure this is a extremely easy situation to solve, but I am having a hellofa time getting satellites connected to each other.  Have 2 in geo sync orbits at 600KM, both with long range dishes and also omni directional connectors.  Have both satellites pointed at each other with dishes focused on opposite.  Still no connection between the two, only connection to closest red dot on kerbin.  What is the issue?