[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

41 minutes ago, John FX said:

I saw there was a .dll from fancymouse that claimed to allow sending of data again with Scansat but after installing it I find no change.

Nope - just to clarify, I didn't claim anything about ScanSat. What I claimed fixed is about the transmission of science lab and M700 orbital survey. I don't use ScanSat so I know nothing about whether the same fix would apply or not.

Edited by FancyMouse

47 minutes ago, John FX said:

So I`m having an issue where I can`t transmit data from a scan using scansat (in the context of RSS/RO/RP-0, including Remotetech) on the communotron 16 (maybe others, have not tested)

I saw there was a .dll from fancymouse that claimed to allow sending of data again with Scansat but after installing it I find no change.

Is there an updated .dll available?

Should I post a log?

Have you made sure it's extended? Remotetech Will not auto-extend the antennas.

47 minutes ago, JohnnyPanzer said:

Have you made sure it's extended? Remotetech Will not auto-extend the antennas.

Yes, I have a green light on my connection, antenna extended. I`ve seen others posting in the scansat thread with the same issue recently.

56 minutes ago, FancyMouse said:

Nope - just to clarify, I didn't claim anything about ScanSat. What I claimed fixed is about the transmission of science lab and M700 orbital survey. I don't use ScanSat so I know nothing about whether the same fix would apply or not.

Ah, I got to your post from the OP of scansat that said to use it if there were transmission issues with RT, apologies for the unclear post, it was the OP of scansat that claimed it, not yourself.

I found a bug

I started a new career mode with remote tech, unmanned before manned, TAC life support and kerbal alarm clock. On my first mission, I found I couldn't transmit science. I had the communotron 16 on the ship but it said at the top of the screen I had no comms device. I looked online and couldn't find anyone with the same problem (apart from the one with the mod clash with science alert which I don't have installed). It could be a clash with one of the mods I mentioned earlier. Does anyone know (if it is a mod clash) what needs to be removed/updated or if there is a patch I can download to fix this?

Hi,

I'm having issues trying to get the Root setting to work instead of Standard.  Can I check that I have things right?

Firstly, this is what I've done:

I've gone into Kerbal Space Program\GameData\RemoteTech\RemoteTech_Settings.cfg, opened it in Wordpad, and edited some lines as follows:

RangeMultiplier = 0.5
---some other stuff---
RangeModelType = Root
MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 0.5

...and then saved it.  It doesn't seem to have the desired effect.  Weirdly, every now and then it seems to lose all the settings and revert to the defaults.  I can't find the pattern in when this happens - it seems to be while playing the game (rather than on first loading), and it doesn't happen every time - only occasionally.

Secondly, maybe it is working properly (losing settings notwithstanding), and I just have my maths wrong?  I'm trying to get a DP-10 on an unmanned space plane to connect to my comms satelites (which have KR14s pointed at Active Vessel as well as Communotron 32s) in KSO. I've also tried using multiple DP-10s to see if the MultipleAntennaMultiplier is working, with no luck.  This should work with the settings above, right?  I'd really like to be able to use the DP-10 and not have to stick an ugly satellite dish on my plane!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

46 minutes ago, Stankleberry said:

Is Remote Tech working in 1.1?

The parts are available, but the buttons in the Mission Control are gone and you can't connect the sat dishes with each other. Just tested it

On 3/31/2016 at 9:16 AM, ibanix said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to get the Fight Computer without the rest of RT? I really like that thing. 

MechJeb's "Smart A.S.S." and "Maneuver Planner" do the same things as the Flight Computer, minus the delay.

Ping to remotetech Developers:
 are you still there?

RT2 v1.4.0 and beyond is maintained by and their last visit to ksp forum:

Erendrake, Wednesday at 2:17 PM

Pezmc, 31 May 2014 (two post account)

Starstrider42, Yesterday at 3:50 PM

Peppie23, 17 Nov 2015 

woogoose. 30 Aug 2014 (one post account)

Additional contributions were made by Dail8859, Grays, Jsartisohn, MOARdV, and Reignerok. Thanks!

so I think we should wait a lot (or dig our own well)

6 hours ago, omelaw said:

Ping to remotetech Developers:
 are you still there?

so I think we should wait a lot (or dig our own well)

I do hope they were just waiting for 1.1 release. This never got properly fixed for 1.0.5 after all.

25 minutes ago, Varsi said:

I do hope they were just waiting for 1.1 release. This never got properly fixed for 1.0.5 after all.

IIRC, it didnt get fixed for 1.0.5, because 1.1 was just around the corner, and it would have been wasted time...???

14 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

IIRC, it didnt get fixed for 1.0.5, because 1.1 was just around the corner, and it would have been wasted time...???

Half a year is "just around the corner" I'm sure. :)

We did get fixes from others so maybe it wasn't that critical anyway. Fixing everything for 1.1 might take quite a while tho with all the changes in stock game.

Ok, so I have spent some time mucking around in a fork and I think I have a lot of the issues sorted. Most were pretty small; message handling and some changes with variable names(CheatOptions.InfiniteFuel and CheatOptions.InfiniteRCS seem to all be under CheatOptions.InfinitePropellant now). I am however caught with two issues that will take me a bit of time to fix and If anyone knows unity/ksp modding and wants to lend a hand then please jump in: https://github.com/Rocinante89/RemoteTech

EDIT: d4rksh4de's version is way further along than mine. work from that one instead if you want to 

Edited by Rocinante89

1 hour ago, Rocinante89 said:

Ok, so I have spent some time mucking around in a fork and I think I have a lot of the issues sorted. Most were pretty small; message handling and some changes with variable names(CheatOptions.InfiniteFuel and CheatOptions.InfiniteRCS seem to all be under CheatOptions.InfinitePropellant now). I am however caught with two issues that will take me a bit of time to fix and If anyone knows unity/ksp modding and wants to lend a hand then please jump in: https://github.com/Rocinante89/RemoteTech

I had a look and I'm afraid the code is way beyond my meager coding "skills", but rest assured that I'm rooting for you. I have a mod in the making that relies on RT to make any actual sense...

Can someone help me with the Flight Computer?

I just delivered/docked a payload to my space station, and I want to decouple the payload, leaving just the engine, fuel, and HECS probe core (no antenna anymore, unfortunately), and de-orbit this nearly spent stage. I figured I could program a sequence of commands to this decoupled craft in advance: decouple, hold retrograde, burn 100% for 1 minute. Easy, right?

Well after the decoupling, the timed computer commands show up on both resulting crafts. Unfortunately, only the large station craft follows the instructions. And if I try deleting these vestigial commands from the station, the commands are also deleted from the nearly spent stage rocket stage.

Any ideas what's going on here? Maybe I'm not using RT flight computer as intended, but it would seem completely plausible to be able program a very basic command set to its probe core, and have it execute a minute after decoupling and losing active connection. I wonder if this has something to do with the decoupler and its direction. The decoupler is set to stay with the spent stage (as would be usual). I've also tried combinations of "control from here" commands before and after decoupling. The spent stage has EC so that's not the issue.

Edited by Tossy64

If anyone wants to try out, I changed the RT code to be able to compile it for 1.1. Some parts of UI functionality that I couldn't figure out is removed, seems to affect Tracking station a bit. 

Here's the source (marked as //TODO: parts of code I couldn't fix) + compiled version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x90ft3jffvd4h6r/RemoteTech-develop.zip?dl=0

44 minutes ago, JohnnyPanzer said:

I had a look and I'm afraid the code is way beyond my meager coding "skills", but rest assured that I'm rooting for you. I have a mod in the making that relies on RT to make any actual sense...

d4rksh4de has a version that's compiled. The issues I was having were mostly due to missing references it seems. I'm going to try and see can I fix the UI functionality that he got stuck on

43 minutes ago, d4rksh4de said:

If anyone wants to try out, I changed the RT code to be able to compile it for 1.1. Some parts of UI functionality that I couldn't figure out is removed, seems to affect Tracking station a bit. 

Here's the source (marked as //TODO: parts of code I couldn't fix) + compiled version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x90ft3jffvd4h6r/RemoteTech-develop.zip?dl=0

Hmmm, it seems as though we got as far as each other. I can't make heads or tails of that UI manager section yet. I think the class has been split up into various other UI classes