[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

3 minutes ago, Skystorm said:

@d4rksh4de You seem to have an older version of module manager in your download.  For KSP 1.1 the current version of module manager is 2.6.21 last I checked.

I have downloaded your version and will start testing.

Yes, use the newer module manager, I didn't replace it in the source.

17 minutes ago, Rocinante89 said:

d4rksh4de has a version that's compiled. The issues I was having were mostly due to missing references it seems. I'm going to try and see can I fix the UI functionality that he got stuck on

I had mostly problems with UIManager, which reference was missing, I think it isn't available in Unity 5.

I found some other mods that seem to be using it for 1.1.  Are you missing a using or assembly reference?  I'm only seeing references to just the following in other code that references UIManager.

using KSP;

using KSP.UI.Screens;

KSPUtil.dll

UnityEngine.dll

UnityEngine.UI.dll

Could be they moved it into another namespace or assembly.

23 minutes ago, Skystorm said:

I found some other mods that seem to be using it for 1.1.  Are you missing a using or assembly reference?  I'm only seeing references to just the following in other code that references UIManager.

using KSP;

using KSP.UI.Screens;

KSPUtil.dll

UnityEngine.dll

UnityEngine.UI.dll

I'm missing assembly reference for UIManager and KnowledgeContainer. I added all the .dlls from KSP to references, it cannot find these. Can you point out which 1.1 mods are using UIManager?

I am looking forward to you guys getting this working and appreciate the hard work!

do you know if the format of the config files will change?

I currently use the SETI configuration file (I like the additional ground stations from the start). Will any changes need to be made to this config?

Thanks again!

Imported 1.0.5 KSP .dlls, the original code builds with no errors. As I can see, the UIManager and KnowledgeContainer (was in KnowledgeBase) were removed from Assembly-CSharp.dll.

7 minutes ago, mtpatane said:

I am looking forward to you guys getting this working and appreciate the hard work!

do you know if the format of the config files will change?

I currently use the SETI configuration file (I like the additional ground stations from the start). Will any changes need to be made to this config?

Thanks again!

I think the configurations are fine.

1 hour ago, Skystorm said:

using KSP;

using KSP.UI.Screens;

KSPUtil.dll

UnityEngine.dll

UnityEngine.UI.dll

Can you give me an example of a mod that uses UIManager? 

I've done some testing, from what I have seen there seems to be an issue with chaining of relays. For example, I placed 4 satellites spaced equidistantly around Kerbin with communitron 32s at 2868km using hyperedit. they worked fine while placing, but are giving a no connection message when I change scene and then return to them. Can anyone confirm? Or better yet, If someone has a save with a substantial relay network set up could they send it to me?

Also, dishes don't have the option to target specific vessels

Edited by Rocinante89
wrong quote

Stayputnik Mk.1 in science game mode shows - "no connection" standing on the launch pad.

In sandbox mode he is ok (connected).

Other probes have not yet tested it, they have not yet unlocked.

4 minutes ago, Wuwuk said:

Stayputnik Mk.1 in science game mode shows - "no connection" standing on the launch pad.

In sandbox mode he is ok (connected).

Other probes have not yet tested it, they have not yet unlocked.

I think you have to unlock the integrated onmi antenna in Career

If You mean Reflectron DP-10, I am his not yet unlocked.

The probe description says about the built-in antenna, and not about the Reflectron.

Edited by Wuwuk

49 minutes ago, Skystorm said:

I think I found the reference.  It appears to be in the following assembly.

KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll

Ok, I added that reference and recompiled. I still think it's pretty buggy, so if anyone wants to test/ jump in and fix it here's the link: https://github.com/Rocinante89/RemoteTech

Thanks, Skystorm, that helped. The UIManager.instance at Tracking station screen is null, which leads to nullreferenceexceptions. This isn't a big issue, it can be fixed by using Camera.current.WorldToScreenPoint(position); at that place, but the KnowledgeBase class has been overhauled, which means that this part needs to be rewritten. 

I'm unable to relay through other satelites.  Direct connections to mission control do work.  I am not seeing the connection status and flight computer panel under the MET display in the upper left corner.  The UI for settting dish targets opens but none of my other ships or satelites appear in the list.

2 hours ago, mieczyslav said:

kudos to everyone actively working on this! keep up the good work!

Lol. I said the same thing. Basically that sentence is code for "I'm really impatient, I want it now, but I'm going to be polite and encouraging about it. BUT I NEED REMOTE TECH NOW" haha. :P

6 hours ago, Rocinante89 said:

I'm busy today and tomorrow, but i have the following day off work so I can get stuck in then. 

I've been poking around in your updated source. TimeWarpDecorator appears to be at least part of what's causing problems. Commenting out TimeWarpDecorator = new TimeWarpDecorator() in RTCore::Start has connections showing for me in flight mode.

@Paydro I concur with your assessment.  Commenting out the TimeWarpDecorator does seem to fix the connection problems.  Seems the problem lies somewhere in that class.  Everything else was just fixing assembly references and rebuilding.

The game is afoot!

I don't know much about programming.  I'm more of a hardware & biology nerd.  Because of this I root you guys on as this is my favorite game of all time and remote tech was a game changer when I found it and is an absolute necessity before I can start my 1.1 career mode.  Thank you both so much!