[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Interestingly, there are still many issues and yet the code builds just fine.  It seems many of the old references still exist but they no longer function.  Here are a few items that needed to be updated.

TimeWardDecorator.cs

Remove the following lines:

// Put the draw function to the DrawQueue
            RenderingManager.AddToPostDrawQueue(0, Draw);

RTCore.cs

Add a call to TimeWarpDecorator.Draw() at the start of the OnGUI() method in RTCore.cs:

public void OnGUI()
        {
            TimeWarpDecorator.Draw();

GUI.depth = 0;
        }

ActionGroupCommand.cs

Update the reference to Staging with StageManager on the following line:

Staging.ActivateNextStage(); => StageManager.ActivateNextStage();

RigidBody References

Not sure how much effect this one really had but the conversion notes indicate that references to Part.rigidBody should be updated.  See the following post for more information.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/135179-info-on-how-to-convert-your-plugin-to-ksp-11/

You should be able to restore references to TimeWarpDecorator.  Does not completely fix the UI yet but connections should work again and vessels can now be targetted.

11 hours ago, Skystorm said:

Interestingly, there are still many issues and yet the code builds just fine.  It seems many of the old references still exist but they no longer function.  Here are a few items that needed to be updated.

TimeWardDecorator.cs

Remove the following lines:

// Put the draw function to the DrawQueue
            RenderingManager.AddToPostDrawQueue(0, Draw);

RTCore.cs

Add a call to TimeWarpDecorator.Draw() at the start of the OnGUI() method in RTCore.cs:

public void OnGUI()
        {
            TimeWarpDecorator.Draw();

GUI.depth = 0;
        }

ActionGroupCommand.cs

Update the reference to Staging with StageManager on the following line:

Staging.ActivateNextStage(); => StageManager.ActivateNextStage();

RigidBody References

Not sure how much effect this one really had but the conversion notes indicate that references to Part.rigidBody should be updated.  See the following post for more information.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/135179-info-on-how-to-convert-your-plugin-to-ksp-11/

You should be able to restore references to TimeWarpDecorator.  Does not completely fix the UI yet but connections should work again and vessels can now be targetted.

This is basically what I managed to do yesterday, yes, TimeWarpDecorator needs changes, also modified Draw() method to show the "command-delay-time" GUI element. But the element is not in correct place and the connection status icon (red/green/yellow) doesn't show up (actually while debugging, it does show up for few frames, then the texture disappears). My changes: http://pastebin.com/aJPHQBAg

I remember I fixed the Staging to StageManager earlier already.

Compiler should show errors on places that need similar fixes as the rigidBody, these were the first ones I fixed when I was trying to get it compiled.

The map mode and tracking station have some graphical glitches. Almost any part that involves GUI has some problems that are not easy to fix (at least for me, as I'm not C# nor Unity developer on daily basis).

Another thing that might be useful, if the build is made with DEBUG flag, then by pressing F11, RT logs some information about the connections and network to rt_dump.txt.

1 hour ago, d4rksh4de said:

The map mode and tracking station have some graphical glitches. Almost any part that involves GUI has some problems that are not easy to fix (at least for me, as I'm not C# nor Unity developer on daily basis).

Somewhat low hanging fruit, but update these properties in FilterOverlay.cs to clean up the tracking station UI. http://pastebin.com/2s7n890S Similar changes in FocusOverlay.cs http://pastebin.com/Teg9rubQ.

I don't get RemoteTech UI at all in flight/map mode, but will dig into that if not fixed tomorrow.

I am just starting to get my feet wet as far as KSP modding goes - is there good reference material out there somewhere as far as what is exposed to us?

Edited by Paydro

While I'm thinking about it, is there a way to get access to the TrackingStation scene's Tracked Objects UI element, so we can use it's position to correctly position the RemoteTech toolbar and Satellite button, as opposed to hard coding the positions?

46 minutes ago, Paydro said:

While I'm thinking about it, is there a way to get access to the TrackingStation scene's Tracked Objects UI element, so we can use it's position to correctly position the RemoteTech toolbar and Satellite button, as opposed to hard coding the positions?

I don't know, I'm having similar problem placing the delay-time element under the timewarp/met element. Cannot get correct screen coordinates: Vector2 screenCoord = UIMainCamera.Camera.WorldToScreenPoint(mTimewarpObject.timeQuadrantTab.transform.position); 
is getting me the center of the screen.

I found a workaround for some of the broken stuff in a repo I forked. There are still a -LOT- of non functioning UI elements that I have no real clue how to fix. Most of the GUI stuff that doesn't work right now involve buttons and things that are either positioned wrong or don't display for some reason (GUI.Button doesn't draw the icon but is functional).

I think that without a transition to the new stock toolbar it will be very wonky to position buttons properly like the old way used to do, considering all the deprecated stuff.

6 hours ago, d4rksh4de said:

I don't know, I'm having similar problem placing the delay-time element under the timewarp/met element. Cannot get correct screen coordinates: Vector2 screenCoord = UIMainCamera.Camera.WorldToScreenPoint(mTimewarpObject.timeQuadrantTab.transform.position); 
is getting me the center of the screen.

This is because the old element is somehow different and doesn't show the real position. I had to use the DebugStuff addon to find the name of the timewarp object and then get the DRAWABLE image part and use that. It seems to work alright but not sure how reliable it is.

Anyway, here is the repo on Github for yall to view and maybe be of some help.

https://github.com/Koritastic/RemoteTech

On 03/04/2016 at 6:11 PM, Tossy64 said:

Can someone help me with the Flight Computer?

I just delivered/docked a payload to my space station, and I want to decouple the payload, leaving just the engine, fuel, and HECS probe core (no antenna anymore, unfortunately), and de-orbit this nearly spent stage. I figured I could program a sequence of commands to this decoupled craft in advance: decouple, hold retrograde, burn 100% for 1 minute. Easy, right?

Well after the decoupling, the timed computer commands show up on both resulting crafts. Unfortunately, only the large station craft follows the instructions. And if I try deleting these vestigial commands from the station, the commands are also deleted from the nearly spent stage rocket stage.

Any ideas what's going on here? Maybe I'm not using RT flight computer as intended, but it would seem completely plausible to be able program a very basic command set to its probe core, and have it execute a minute after decoupling and losing active connection. I wonder if this has something to do with the decoupler and its direction. The decoupler is set to stay with the spent stage (as would be usual). I've also tried combinations of "control from here" commands before and after decoupling. The spent stage has EC so that's not the issue.

I find I need to put at least a basic core and antenna on any spent stages I want to send back down. The link to the flight computer is the antenna+core combo. without one or the other there is no link.

I agree that what you suggest, program the core and release, should work in the real world but it won`t in KSP/RT as there needs to be a core, power, and an (in range) antenna for the link.

EDIT : Also great thanks for working on a version for 1.1 all of you

Edited by John FX

Hello everyone!

I've been made an owner of RemoteTech repo on Github by @erendrake. We hope to get this project breathing again! :)

As you've surely noticed RemoteTech hasn't been actively developed for the last few months. The main developer - @Peppie23 seems to be inactive and there is no one else who can currently take care of the project. Neither me nor @erendrake have much free time to work on RT, but hopefully we'll help you guys to get things going again.

There is a RemoteTech Slack channel that hasn't been very active, but we intend to use it more from now on to coordinate the future development of RT. It'd be great if all of you who have been working on RT in their own forks recently joined. Please PM me your email address if you want to be invited. Together we could figure out how to proceed.

I got the flight computer icon to show up by making a workaround/hack: added saveFcTextures() and restoreFcTextures() http://pastebin.com/jTUrgpUz
The problem is that when flight scene is opened, the textures of FC are loaded and few frames later they are gone. By switching to different vessel the textures "reappear" (don't get lost). While debugging and tracing the texture values, the textures work fine. It's very weird issue, seems to be related to threading or garbage collector.

Anyone knows how to check in code if GUI is hidden or not (the F2 feature)? Currently the delay-time element stays visible when GUI is turned off.

I think there is a callback for that.  I know I use it in my mods, I'll look it  up later

I think this may be what you want:   

static private UICLASS uiVisiblity;

void Start()
{
	uiVisiblity = new UICLASS ();
	uiVisiblity.Awake ();
}

uiVisiblity.isVisible ();

A stupid question to ask. How to build a interplanetary network? Is the long / medium range plate has to be put at the edge of kerbin influence? How many of them is enough to maintain a sable network Does the biggest plant needs to point to a specific target too?

Thanks

You can use a long range dish and target a planet while orbiting Kerbin. You'll need another dish at said planet pointing back at Kerbin. 

- This means that communication will only happen when both have line of sight

- If not in SOI of either planet, you can't access that connection

- You can solve this by having wide range sats aimed at both planets (and sats aimed at Kerbol from planets) while orbiting the sun and access that sat.

Edited by Poofer

Thank you for the update and hard work to make keep this cool mod alive and updated :D
- I only tried the new update for a few minutes, but so far the update look good and I had no issues when i made som very basic tests. ( i pretty much only fired 1 single rocket and see what happen, and remotetech worked as expected ).
As I said very basic test no setup of sattelite network or long distance communication.

I have tried the fix. When i use the flight computer's SAS the satellite spins non-stop. When I point the sat pro grade to the node, then apply the SAS from flight computer it holds that position. Once the node is almost completed (aka it's in its last m/s) the sat tries to follow it, but when it gets to 'kill' SAS it starts spinning all over the place again. 

I'm using a couple of other mods, the ones that come to mind as to be affecting this would be persistent rotation and mechjeb. (mechjeb's sas works correctly) MJ is off when trying flight computer SAS but also tried with it on. 

Edited by arachnidan

Would anyone around here happen to know why data sometimes gets lost in transmission? Transmission counter ticks up to 100%, no science received.

I'd like to know if there is a known reason and what (if anything) I can do to make this less common. Anecdata suggests that it's more likely to happen if the transmission takes a good long while, so going with as high a bandwidth as possible ought to help; but I'd much appreciate a definitive statement from on high.

Hey there, thanks for the 1.1 update. I just wanted to verify that the only thing we need to move is the Remote tech folder, and we don't need to mess with the src folder or anything outside the RT folder like the gitignore and such?

16 minutes ago, rough93 said:

Hey there, thanks for the 1.1 update. I just wanted to verify that the only thing we need to move is the Remote tech folder, and we don't need to mess with the src folder or anything outside the RT folder like the gitignore and such?

Yes, the RemoteTech folder in GameData is all you need along with the latest module manager.

1 hour ago, Laie said:

Would anyone around here happen to know why data sometimes gets lost in transmission? Transmission counter ticks up to 100%, no science received.

I'd like to know if there is a known reason and what (if anything) I can do to make this less common. Anecdata suggests that it's more likely to happen if the transmission takes a good long while, so going with as high a bandwidth as possible ought to help; but I'd much appreciate a definitive statement from on high.

Are you using scansat? I have that issue sending data from mapping scans and only that.

Hey, @d4rksh4de and myself have started organizing things :) We would like to ask you to report any compatibility issues with KSP 1.1 on RemoteTech's Github bug tracker here: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues . Couple of the issues are already there, so please check if your issue has been already reported by someone else before posting. We'd also welcome any pull requests that resolve those issues. We've noticed that some of you have useful fixes in your forks. If you could submit them as pull requests on Github that would help us speed up the release.

I'll mention again that we've started to use RemoteTech's slack channel to coordinate the future development of RT. PM me your email address if you'd like to be invited.

13 minutes ago, John FX said:

Are you using scansat? I have that issue sending data from mapping scans and only that.

RSS/RO/RP-0. It's happend to me on many occasions; overall it's a rare occurence, with the notable exception of early sounding rockets where between a quarter and one third of all transmissions tend to be duds. Today several users have reported on IRC that they couldn't return Scansat data even with many retries. Scansat (in RP-0) is a *lot* of data while the standard transmitter on sounding rockets is so slow that even a temperature reading takes a while.

This has led to the hypothesis that the risk might be related to transmission time. But noone knows for sure, that's why I'm asking.

13 hours ago, Koritastic said:

Hey all, I updated my fork with a ton of GUI fixes and a lot of retooling on the way textures are loaded/used (fixes the vanishing flight computer).

Hope this can help yall with the update.

https://github.com/Koritastic/RemoteTech

Sorry about this, but I'm just trying to follow what's been being talked back and forth here.

I'm NOT asking for/when an official 1.1 update is coming because I know you guys are working hard.

But is this link (quoted above) the most up-to-date 1.1 version?

I wanna load it on my save when I get home.