[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

I don't think we have any requirements that are specific to RemoteTech. Have you tried looking at e.g. http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Plugins? I use Xamarin myself and haven't run into any problems.

Do I call the build.remotetech.sh script or use the Xamarin GUI? The build script requires a password to unzip the dll's. Should I be importing those dll's myself from elsewhere (KSP/DataManaged?)?

Could it have something to do with using the RSS configs as well?

Which are "the" RSS configs? I don't see them on the FASA page.

Do I call the build.remotetech.sh script or use the Xamarin GUI? The build script requires a password to unzip the dll's. Should I be importing those dll's myself from elsewhere (KSP/DataManaged?)?

I just load the .sln file in the Xamarin GUI. The build script is intended for use by the Travis build pipeline.

... okay, I think I see your point about RemoteTech-specific stuff.

The DLLs can be found in your KSP_Data/Manged directory, yes. Assembly-CSharp.dll and UnityEngine.dll should be the only ones you need.

Edited by Starstrider42

Ok, bug confirmed when I download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80983870/RemoteTech_Settings.cfg. Very curious.

EDIT:

Ah-HAH!

Unfortunately, the problem is a side effect of the map view icon upgrade. I'll see if I can put a fix in the code. For now, though, there's an easy workaround: open the RemoteTech_Settings.cfg file in a text editor, and find the line near the beginning that begins with "MapFilter". Replace "Planet" with "Cone" and you should be good.

Edited by Starstrider42

I just load the .sln file in the Xamarin GUI. The build script is intended for use by the Travis build pipeline.

... okay, I think I see your point about RemoteTech-specific stuff.

The DLLs can be found in your KSP_Data/Manged directory, yes. Assembly-CSharp.dll and UnityEngine.dll should be the only ones you need.

Thank you very much for your help and pointing me at the ksp wiki on plugin development! I think there may be a number of C/C++ programmers who can tackle some of the 70+ outstanding issues but have no knowledge of C#, C# IDEs, or your own personal development setup and workflow.

Ok, bug confirmed when I download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80983870/RemoteTech_Settings.cfg. Very curious.

EDIT:

Unfortunately, the problem is a side effect of the map view icon upgrade. I'll see if I can put a fix in the code. For now, though, there's an easy workaround: open the RemoteTech_Settings.cfg file in a text editor, and find the line near the beginning that begins with "MapFilter". Replace "Planet" with "Cone" and you should be good.

Og good, I'm not crazy. I didn't think a simple config would have been the issue. I will make the change and thank you guys again.

I guess that means the functionality could be added to pods via ModuleManager?

I think so, but that was never the intended use of ModuleSPU, so I can't guarantee that there won't be bugs.

how are the crew requirements configured? trough mm patch? or?

An MM patch would be the easiest way, yes. But basically any ModuleSPU module with IsRTCommandStation = true now has a RTCommandMinCrew field that gives the number of crew members; it shouldn't matter whether you alter it with MM, editing part files, etc. See e.g. RemoteTech_Squad_Probes.cfg for an example.

An MM patch would be the easiest way, yes. But basically any ModuleSPU module with IsRTCommandStation = true now has a RTCommandMinCrew field that gives the number of crew members; it shouldn't matter whether you alter it with MM, editing part files, etc. See e.g. RemoteTech_Squad_Probes.cfg for an example.

ok thx :) will try it out

Sorry about the recent bugs. They have now been fixed, and a patch release, RemoteTech 1.5.1, is available for download.

Enjoy. And please don't blow up the tracking station, I don't want to have to explain how Mission Control contacts probes without any antennas.

Edited by Starstrider42

Given that RemoteTech makes absolutely no changes to the tech tree, and that you have a ton of mods installed, I'd bet this isn't a RemoteTech problem.

You have a "KOSMOS Tech Tree" in your log; does the problem still happen if you disable that? You're also missing the asteroid part (but not the rest of NASAmission???), and are getting a ton of errors from KerbalKonstructs. So something's definitely broken in your install, aside from the unfindable tech nodes:

Fine Print: Attempted to check for nonexistent technology: "commDish".

Fine Print: Attempted to check for nonexistent technology: "longAntenna".

Fine Print: Attempted to check for nonexistent technology: "mediumDishAntenna".

Fine Print: Attempted to check for nonexistent technology: "roverWheel1".

Fine Print: Attempted to check for nonexistent technology: "roverWheel2".

Fine Print: Attempted to check for nonexistent technology: "roverWheel3".

Potatoroids only go missing with RT installed. It's just this huge cascade of techs/parts going missing with RT installed. Removing KOSMOS does nothing. KerbalKonstructs removal does appear to solve the problem. Time to shift threads.

If I am correct in assuming what the poster above me is exactly saying, I am experiencing the same problem. I have installed the RT2 mod properly, I believe. However, when I load the game up there are no parts in the VAB or SPH for me to choose. I haven't tested it yet to see if the mechanics of the mod were applied. I will do that in a moment and edit this post.

I do have more mods than most, so it may very well be a non-RT2 problem, but I thought I would also show that the above poster isn't the only once experiencing this issue.

ADDENDUM: I have now had time to test. The game mechanics for RT2 are installed. I lose contact, and thus control, with unmanned probes almost immediately after launch. I will continue to look and see if there is anything else I can do to correct the issue, or if it was something I did. As I said though, the mechanics work, but the parts do not exist.

Edited by BlazeIV

Quick clarification: is this for RemoteTech 1.5.0 or RemoteTech 1.5.1? So far we've only been able to reproduce it in 1.5.0 (https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/216).

Also, Alvargon and BlazeIV: are you missing just the RemoteTech parts, or is everything missing the way BigD145 described?

Edited by Starstrider42

Thank you for the fast reply Starstrider. This issue, for me anyway, was for the RT2 parts only. Everything else appeared to be there. Upon seeing your post above, I did get a fresh copy of 1.5.1 from the KerbalStuff link at the front of this thread, just to make sure it was 1.5.1. I went ahead and did a fresh install of the mod. The parts now appear. The file I replaced was labeled 1.5.1.

In closing...

I originally downloaded and installed what I thought was 1.5.1, and the old file is still labeled as such. I just redownladed a new 1.5.1 zip from the KerbalStuff link in the OP, and it now it appears to be working as intended. I have access to all the new antennas and I just lost connection with an unamnned probe I just launched. I have not been able to completely run it through it's paces, but for the time being, it apprears to be functioning normally.

Thank you.

Edited by BlazeIV

I thought of an addition to RemoteTech that (IMO) would make RemoteTech a bit more fun for people like me.

Here is my current problem. I am in no way a hard core gamer but when I do have time for an hour or so, I go play KSP.

Here is my problem:

I setup a satellite network around a planet. I eyeball it as best I can so they match up orbits and are on the same plane. (When in fact they are not.).

The problem I have, is that I have done the hard work in setting up the network, and making sure the right sats talk to the right sats, but as I actually send out my other probes to the other orbitals, the network starts falling apart.

A meter off here, a km off there and the orbits are no longer making a nice box around a planet, but they have all ended up on one side of the planet.

I find myself playing kerbal and going back to "fix" the satellite on rails more than me actually playing kerbal.

What I would like to have the option is to somehow be able to click on another satellite's as a target to make sure that I infact have achieved the same plane/orbit/cirumfrence...whatever. OR...when I get really really close to an orbit of a satellite I have picked, to have a little "cheat" button so I can click it and it will actually adjust my orbit to exactly match the other sats orbit.

That way once its on rails, its a done deal.

Maybe its cheating, maybe its not. I just am getting a bit annoyed of always having to go back an re-aligning satellites, when the only reason I have to do this, is that there really is no way to exactly match up the orbits of 2 objects within the game.

Just a thought.

I thought of an addition to RemoteTech that (IMO) would make RemoteTech a bit more fun for people like me.

Here is my current problem. I am in no way a hard core gamer but when I do have time for an hour or so, I go play KSP.

Here is my problem:

I setup a satellite network around a planet. I eyeball it as best I can so they match up orbits and are on the same plane. (When in fact they are not.).

The problem I have, is that I have done the hard work in setting up the network, and making sure the right sats talk to the right sats, but as I actually send out my other probes to the other orbitals, the network starts falling apart.

A meter off here, a km off there and the orbits are no longer making a nice box around a planet, but they have all ended up on one side of the planet.

I find myself playing kerbal and going back to "fix" the satellite on rails more than me actually playing kerbal.

What I would like to have the option is to somehow be able to click on another satellite's as a target to make sure that I infact have achieved the same plane/orbit/cirumfrence...whatever. OR...when I get really really close to an orbit of a satellite I have picked, to have a little "cheat" button so I can click it and it will actually adjust my orbit to exactly match the other sats orbit.

That way once its on rails, its a done deal.

Maybe its cheating, maybe its not. I just am getting a bit annoyed of always having to go back an re-aligning satellites, when the only reason I have to do this, is that there really is no way to exactly match up the orbits of 2 objects within the game.

Just a thought.

Here's what I do: Once I have a ring of satellites set as close to the same period as I can get with the thrust limiters on the engines and Mechjeb/KER readouts, I hand-edit the save file to give them all the same semimajor axis.

I wouldn't mind a mod that would allow me to right-click the probe core and say "copy the SMA of my target", but to get around rounding error when the vessel goes on rails you would have to do the orbit editing after the player switches away from the vessel. Are there any existing mods that adjust the orbits of inactive vessels?