[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

I also had similar kind of problem, but I isolated it to tweak scale and updated it, seems to work fine now. Not sure if other's problems are the same.

I think you might be on to something. I noticed that parts auto resize based on the size of the part it is being attached to, rather than maintain its stock size. I'll update my tweakscale and do another test.

On a side note: I started a new game and am not having this issue any more, but rhat means I'll have to redo my 10 comsat network around Kerbin and Mun.

Update: It appears Tweakscale was the problem. Updated my Tweakscale and no more spectacular explosive vessels :-)

Edited by g0tchas
Update

I have been seeing the [Flight Computer]: Out of power, cannot run 'Target Mun' on schedule., message discussed before quite a lot.

The first time I got the message it was on a complicated craft with 2 probe cores and one manned capsule so I thought the cause likely to be as discussed already here. However, I now get it on craft with only a single manned capsule. The manned capsule does not have the SPU added. I have added Mechjeb using MM. There are no messages in the debug log. I am using RT v1.5.2.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Edit: The message has stopped spamming suddenly. No reason for this I can even guess at !!! I expect it will come back as it has done that before. Sorry, I know I have provided little information to go on. I would be interested to know if anyone else is seeing this happen.

Edited by Kaa253

I am also experiencing a problem with Remote Tech. On an attempt to capture an asteroid I had my craft spin wildly out of control when I turn on the SAS. I am able to control it reasonably when I turn off the SAS. I am wondering if this is a problem with the delayed signal from RT2 fighting the new SAS of the .90 system. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

PS: this is the first craft I have had a problem with and I have not used any clipped parts. I attempted to install the latest versions of tweakscale and RT2

What sort of delay time do you have? I find anything beyond a second to be too tedious and just use the flight program computer thingy that comes with RT. As far as SAS I've never struck your issue (Could be an odd feedback issue?), but I always set the orientation in the flight computer and just never had the opportunity to have that issue.

What happened to the config file in the last few releases?

I'm wondering the exact same thing, maybe it's implemented in the .dll? I was wondering because I'm planning on adding this to my Realism Mod version of .90 (after reading some comments, I may wait on a more stable release and use Antenna Range until then), and since I can't find the custom RSS config I was gonna add the nodes myself.

I am also experiencing a problem with Remote Tech. On an attempt to capture an asteroid I had my craft spin wildly out of control when I turn on the SAS. I am able to control it reasonably when I turn off the SAS. I am wondering if this is a problem with the delayed signal from RT2 fighting the new SAS of the .90 system. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

PS: this is the first craft I have had a problem with and I have not used any clipped parts. I attempted to install the latest versions of tweakscale and RT2

I also am having oscillation trouble with my probes and it seem related with Remotetech.

So i install a fresh new KSP (with unplugged joystick) and my probes work fine. And then i install Remotetech (ver. 1.5.2 with modulemanager 2.5.4)

Since then, my unmanned crafts (very basic and tiny probe) oscillate when they are far from Kerbin (Say 40,000Km). I'm still able to control it but with less precision. If i disable the reaction wheel, the oscillation is still present with the same amplitude but with a slower frequency.

The trouble is patched if i install Mechjeb and use the "Kill rotation" mode.

I run KSP32 bits on Win7.

I have a weird problem with this...

Targeting Kerbin no longer works.

I'm at about 7000KM out and KSC is directly under me but the yellow line won't show.

As soon as I lose omni connection with the only satellite whose target kerbin works, I get a no connection.

Any idea why???

I have a weird problem with this...

Targeting Kerbin no longer works.

I'm at about 7000KM out and KSC is directly under me but the yellow line won't show.

As soon as I lose omni connection with the only satellite whose target kerbin works, I get a no connection.

Any idea why???

That close the smallest dish the cone angle would be very small would be best to target KSC.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask for new features or not. I'm not even sure if anyone is officially developing this mod any more (which would suck) but I'd like to say something.

I've been finding that during my play I have some sort of longing for more of a reason to make sure that my manned vessels try to maintain contact with kerbin as much as possible, like they would be doing in real life. I know that there is the desire to be able to transmit back science, if you are interested in transmitting any, but I want a reason to HAVE to MAINTAIN contact. To simulate the desire of the kerbonauts to hear from home, and send some hellos of their own. Also to you know, receive orders and updates etc.

So I've thought of a few things that could be implemented to simulate this. They come in the form of penalties to play when there is no signal back to kerbin, and rely on existing mechanics. This is to attempt to make it non-invasive to the existing experience, simple to code and easy to learn.

So, number one, map view while in control of a disconnected manned vehicle will revert to tracking station level 1 style, no-planning, non-orbital view.

Number two, if snacks/TAC-LS is installed an increase in snack/food consumption-waste production......anxiety and such.....

Number three if scansat is installed and there is no scan sat part on the vessel scan sat small and large views disabled.

So the goal here is to make it a small annoyance to loose signal for a bit, but completely feasible to plan for. The LS related effects could be made to scale related to the population on board the vessel, so more kerbals = less stress/anxiety related to lack of social outlets.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Perhaps to further simply code, on point two rather then attempting to modify TAC-LS/SNACKS! rates on the fly a generator could be activated which consumes the related resources. Same effect. Easy to vary the amount as population changes too. At least I think, I haven't actually written any code in about 10 years.

EDIT2: Another penalty could be number four: mks module efficiency negatively affected, proportional to population again.

Edited by Errol

Question: Is this the error message when you don't have a connection and try to send data?

i8czYfxX7x1dX.png

As you can see, I do have a dish on it. The problem is just that I don't have one from kerbin pointing at Mun, so there is no two way connection when I try to send data, and that is what I think happened. Though the error message confuses me. Is it just the problem with connection or I screwed something up and antennas are broken?

Question: Is this the error message when you don't have a connection and try to send data?

Precisely.

Establish a small satellite network around Kerbin with an antenna pointed at the mun on every satellite for a permanent connection (as long as you are not behind it). If you want a connection when behind the mun as well, you will need another small satellite network around the mun. Welcome to remote tech :)

Precisely.

Establish a small satellite network around Kerbin with an antenna pointed at the mun on every satellite for a permanent connection (as long as you are not behind it). If you want a connection when behind the mun as well, you will need another small satellite network around the mun. Welcome to remote tech :)

Thanks, just need to confirm I haven't messed anything up after installation. The error message was a bit confusing. Wish it could say "No connection" instead.

Edited by RainDreamer

I have a feature request: For manned vessels, it would be nice if there was a way to tell when I have a connection without to KSC going to the map. Perhaps instead of "Local Control" it could read "Local Ctrl - Connected" or the icon color might be yellow and green striped (yellow for local control, green for the KSC data connection).

Love this mod. It's one of my absolute must-haves.

Hi all.

I've got 3 questions:

- how can I remove the small red circle for the ground stations from the map screen, or at least make it invisible on the far side of the planet? I have lots of Ground Stations (with the Kerbinside mod) and it looks weird.

- is it somehow possible to add some in game support for the Kerbinside bases, so that you only activate a ground control station when you purchase/upgrade one of the specific bases?

- the Antenna Range mod by Toadicus has a really cool idea, increasing electric charge when outside nominal range and that got me thinking. I use the Root model in Remotetech but I still can't really get over the nagging idea of an antenna suddenly loosing signal at the range limit. Is it possible to add a new "Root+" method, in which any antenna that tries to communicate outside of its nominal range (but within the root range of her link) gets an exponential drawback? Something like Electrical charge or even Light speed time? The logic would be that you should still be able to send commands to a very far away probe, but unless you equip it with a powerful antenna, the small one will get garbled info so the command needs to be sent again and again until it's complete.

Ahh. My apologies then. I'll just save a lot in that case.

Definitely try out the S.A.V.E. mod - makes it far easier to keep backup copies of the save files.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/105399-0-90-S-A-V-E-automatic-backup-system-0-9-9-281

- - - Updated - - -

What is the upper limit on number of satellites with Comm-16 orbiting Kerbin at less then 1000km altitude? Does RT deal well with dozens and dozens of sats all trying to mesh with each other?

What is the upper limit on number of satellites with Comm-16 orbiting Kerbin at less then 1000km altitude? Does RT deal well with dozens and dozens of sats all trying to mesh with each other?

I think my personal record was close to 100 sats, but other than making it impossible to see anything in the mapview with the connections activated, it seemed to work fine. That was back in 0.23, but I don't see why it shouldn't work anymore. It brings up an interesting point though... should all satellites really connect to all other satellites, all the time? I'd like it better (and it would be more realistic), if the number of connections was somehow limited. I mean, the GPS satellites talk to their ground stations and maybe other GPS sats, but not with earth observation satellites, for example. Maybe if you could limit the amount of connections for omni-antennas, or make it so that you would have to set a specific frequency for each antenna that can then only connect with other antennas on that frequency...

Anyway, is there an ETA for a 0.90-compatible version yet, so I can play KSP again?

I think my personal record was close to 100 sats, but other than making it impossible to see anything in the mapview with the connections activated, it seemed to work fine. That was back in 0.23, but I don't see why it shouldn't work anymore. It brings up an interesting point though... should all satellites really connect to all other satellites, all the time? I'd like it better (and it would be more realistic), if the number of connections was somehow limited. I mean, the GPS satellites talk to their ground stations and maybe other GPS sats, but not with earth observation satellites, for example. Maybe if you could limit the amount of connections for omni-antennas, or make it so that you would have to set a specific frequency for each antenna that can then only connect with other antennas on that frequency...

Anyway, is there an ETA for a 0.90-compatible version yet, so I can play KSP again?

I believe if you dig through previous pages there are dev builds that work with 0.90.