Documentation?

New forum for plugins = YAY!

So does mean Documentation will soon be released? I\'d love to fiddle with plugins, but I\'ll need some sort of guideline since I\'m a nub.

Or will the community have to supply itself with tutorials/Documentation? Just curious on what to expect

This can be answered in many ways, but how technical is this coding? A person with little experience would not know how to do this, I\'m assuming. Is it a good starting ground?

I don\'t think it\'s too technical...I\'ve done a little Java and C# before. As long as I know the keywords n such I can figure it out.

I\'m just not accustomed to it enough to be able to figure it out on my own

Guest GroundHOG-2010

This can be answered in many ways, but how technical is this coding? A person with little experience would not know how to do this, I\'m assuming. Is it a good starting ground?

Well, wait for the documentation. I think someone who can code reasonably well should be able to to do it. Some one with little experiance might, and someone with no experiance wouldn\'t.

Well, wait for the documentation. I think someone who can code reasonably well should be able to to do it. Some one with little experiance might, and someone with no experiance wouldn\'t.

Nah I disagree!

Usually mods are the place for beginners to learn, that\'s what I\'ve been told. By building mods you already have a framework built for you, all you do is insert pieces yourself and get instant results without having to worry much about the deeper, more technical things going on.

A lot of fun, and instant reward. That\'s how beginners should start off. Of course, this would be following a tutorial of sorts until your own feet can support you

Tried to open a new thread but didn\'t go so well, I finished up some coding but I can\'t figure out where to grab the .dll from, tried lurking in the bin and it was there, but it doesn\'t seem to work.

tl;dr

Where do I get the dll I saved?:)

Tried to open a new thread but didn\'t go so well, I finished up some coding but I can\'t figure out where to grab the .dll from, tried lurking in the bin and it was there, but it doesn\'t seem to work.

tl;dr

Where do I get the dll I saved?:)

What are you using? Visual C# saves in bin/(Debug or Release)/ underneath your project folder.

Offtopic question, not a new topic worth: Is this also for releases of Plugins or just to help others?

I guess ALL releases go in the Projects and Releases forum, whether they are plugins or parts. But I could be wrong.

I guess ALL releases go in the Projects and Releases forum, whether they are plugins or parts. But I could be wrong.

mmm i think they should make a separate section for Plugins. The Project release forum is already Cluttered as it is

mmm i think they should make a separate section for Plugins. The Project release forum is already Cluttered as it is

Plugins give the game new part modules, and part modules get assigned to parts. Therefore, it makes sense for them to be in the Parts subforum.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.