Team Jedi Purely Promotional Thread

The Jedi Master

Seeing as Team Jedi has made a small breakthrough, I figure I might take some time to tell you about the last challenge.

Video was not our team's strength, but we held on by the skin of our struts, and some great luck.

R0XJxHw.png

The Jedi Master: You did not see any of my footage in the video. That's good, because it was made angry. You see, I was to film the winning goal. Seemed easy enough--but as it turns out, making a ball go through a small hoop at high velocity in deep space repeatably is harder than it looks. Who would've thought, huh? This turned me into a flaming Stress Demontm. So, I moved myself to the editing process, and learned an important lesson: Being part of a team means knowing when you need help. Also, that awesome editing job? All me! :)

Tw1: I came up with the initial plan for the video which we attempted, filling messages by barking out ideas, and doing my best to get more ideas coming. I did film various things that could have gone in the video, but was hampered my technical difficulties when it came to uploading.

sdj64: I did the ground shots with the grandstands and the announcers. I also filmed some orbit shots but they were not used.

tygoo7: In the last challenge I did...

-The ball launch

-The game part in space

-The fireworks

We had planned some cool stuff, but then strange behaviours within the game prevented it from fully coming together.

H3LhabU.png

With the time limit looming, we were forced to adapt. But hopefully, we'll give them a good run for their monies this round!

R2IsFMZ.gif

(This is not how we're assembling it)

5NW6gg7m.png

Edited by Tw1
nostalgia

When it came down to it,

Team Jedi was limited by the one resource that ultimately limits us all: Time.

Between commitments of Work and Family we did our best, making use of a pass-the-save and pass-the-craft file system to take advantage of our differing time zones.

MrrXCs1.png

Initially, Sdj64 and Tygoo experimented with VTOL devices, with the idea of draining the fuel from the leg, and towing it to orbit. I didn't have that much confidence in my VTOL skills, so instead worked on rover designs for tipping the segments upright.

Our first breakthrough came when Sdj64 brought us the "Super Wacklifter 2", a semi-reliable, rover type device which could flip, and launch a leg segment.

I took the design, experimented with it, and, developed the larger, and more reliable "Mega Wacklifter" set of vehicles, which was able to take segments to orbit.

Here is an album of the launches:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
https://imgur.com/a/s7RN0

Now it was time to assemble the sections in orbit. This task was carried out by Sdj64, with a set of neat little orbital tugs. You've probably seen most of those pictures, so I'll just link them:

http://imgur.com/a/6q0Xd#0.

Now at this point, time was getting pretty short. The save was passed, and Tygoo7 began attempting to fly it somewhere. Unfortunately, here the cracks began to show. The Arkingthaad was hard to turn, prone to spinning, and we had no non-stock parts on the Arkingthaad at this point.

Tygoo7 didn't quite manage to get to Minmus, before running out of time. With Sdj64 held up with work, and myself hundreds of km from my computer, it fell to Jedi, with the least computer power of all of us to make one last attempt. Unfortunately, he too was unable to control the best.

So if you want to see an Arkingthaad tour, I only have this, which was achieved with the full power of mechjeb days later:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Two more teams remain. From Monday, the grand final begins.

We have a message for them:

Do not underestimate the power of the Forum.

It surrounds us and gathers us; it binds us kerbal players together. It gives us kerbalists strength, and power.

May the best team win!

5NW6gg7m.png

Edited by Tw1
nostalgia

You have some amazing stuff there, Team Jedi. I knew you were facing some of the same problems we were so I know that ARRRGH as time grew short. Our team lucked out with a few discoveries on how to control the beast but if we hadn't then we would probably been in the same situation.

Irregardless, it was a lot of fun and we enjoyed the propaganda wars between our teams. :)

awesome pictures there!!!!!! love the lifter design :)

will you try to unofficially do the last challenge?, just for the fun? :) (and without that anonymous rule that don't let you explain what you've done!)

awesome pictures there!!!!!! love the lifter design :)

will you try to unofficially do the last challenge?, just for the fun? :) (and without that anonymous rule that don't let you explain what you've done!)

I'm not sure about the others, a rest may be in order. For me, it depends on what it is, and how busy I am.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.