VAB and SPH frozen

Hi

Have you ever experience this on 23.5 ?

270199frozen.png

Just beginning the game and after loading an an aircraft it's impossible to select the icons in the upper menu. none of them is selectable, even the Quit menu that is brilliant and seems selectable.

You can select, your ship or the part in the column, but they don't appear in the SPH/VAB. I can play with RCS, DA and And Engineer redux, that's all....

Any idea, what's happening ?

I restart the game many times and it's still happening

always happen after the second loading !!!

Edited by gilflo

I've had this issue too! It's so annoying... I just end the task and restart KSP, but similar stuff has also happened to me when I hit Esc in-flight. Nothing works, I can't recover the vessel or go back to the Space Center. Then when I re-opened KSP, the vessel that was doing it had gotten blasted off into interstellar space.

Weird.

I have seen this before when there is an error during the loading process and is unable to finish.

If this is the case, either one of the mods you have installed is screwing up or the vessel you are trying to load has corrupt data in the save file.

Does this happen to a new vessel in a new game? Probably a mod issue.

On this vessel only? Probably the save for that vessel in corrupt.

Or it could be something else entirely. Does the console (Alt-F2) show any errors?

D.

Well, I have not charged any more mods. Everything was running perfectly since months with my modes.

I just design a new aircraft in SPH and duplicate it in VAB to load it on a rocket. I made many versions of this plane. Maybe it something about it....

If it's just this craft then you might have the multi part copy clipping bug. I don't know what to actually call it, but it's possible to accidently end up with multiple copies of a part all clipped into the same spot. It happens sometimes when using undo or alt-click to copy things, especially if you have ALT+F12 clipping on.

You may need to delete that craft and build it again. Have a look at the load screen and see how many parts it says that craft has. I've had some small craft end up with several hundred parts. There's no saving it then I'm afraid.

The thing is when I quit the game and start up again, i can get back my plane, but not all the times. And it has the same number of parts in the VAB and in SPH. That's strange but i never notived a difference in the parts number....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.