![ 0.25] Oblivion Bubbleship + Drone166 (Wayland Corp.) Download

Devo

Would love to see a pod using JSI.

Tested this and with the right throttle controls even worked in FAR as SSTO. =)

Link please mate? Can't find it on here

Link please mate? Can't find it on here

Hi Devo. What I was referring to was ability to see the the Kerbals inside similar to what SFR and Bobcat had done with out having to use a command seat.

Absolutely love this mod and have loved testing it out. Just would be great to see the Kerbals inside the cockpit from externally since it is a glass cockpit.

Keep up th great work.

Hi Devo. What I was referring to was ability to see the the Kerbals inside similar to what SFR and Bobcat had done with out having to use a command seat.

Absolutely love this mod and have loved testing it out. Just would be great to see the Kerbals inside the cockpit from externally since it is a glass cockpit.

Keep up th great work.

Like this...

O9Ibr9F.png

If you already have sfr's plugin you just need to add this to the Oblivion_Pod cfg:

MODULE

{

name = sfrInternal

}

Oh god is it really that simple?? lol thanks guys...

Ok will add it to the pod and update for the next one when the probe comes out, have dumped all my other projects and focusing on this one, I think I got a new job today so I need to use what time I've got, my other stuff just wont get finished but the probe is done, just need to get off my butt and package it all up.

In your opinion which one is better? Rasterprop or SFR? I know rasterprop is good for internals and new dials and flashy things so id prob lean toward that.

p.s i only just noticed the guns on yours space man, I have made cannons working for the pod, so you can fire now. Also those kerbals look to be sitting a little too high in the seat, which is my fault of course, I should adjust the seats down a bit I think.

Edited by Devo

Nice man lol, that must have taken ages to build!

Well, in case you ever lose it don't fret, I will do the sky house for kerbtown, gotta have that landing pad in the sky man! you will be able to land and take off from it like the wayland launch tower.

With Tweakscale, large structures take no time at all, this one was made in like 2 hours. Its shoddy design is pretty apparent.

Bob trips up on the seam between these 2 I-Beams, and the control tower doesn't even see the landing pad, lol.

7E6DA1FF4085EE287DFAF1E1A9832023AF2F9C83

C267CA4FB2C0D41353E9E0D582955C2A8418F1D2

Oh god is it really that simple?? lol thanks guys...

Ok will add it to the pod and update for the next one when the probe comes out, have dumped all my other projects and focusing on this one, I think I got a new job today so I need to use what time I've got, my other stuff just wont get finished but the probe is done, just need to get off my butt and package it all up.

In your opinion which one is better? Rasterprop or SFR? I know rasterprop is good for internals and new dials and flashy things so id prob lean toward that.

p.s i only just noticed the guns on yours space man, I have made cannons working for the pod, so you can fire now. Also those kerbals look to be sitting a little too high in the seat, which is my fault of course, I should adjust the seats down a bit I think.

Rasterprop is better

I just had to post to say how awesome this thing is, and give my little feedback.

First off, it's THE best fun and easiest time ive ever had with a VTOL, full stop, dev! I even had to assemble it myself, because ive got an odd bug at the moment in x64 whereby my game crashes if i copypaste someone else's ship into my saved game. But watching your video of how you made it, i had it up and running in no time!

bubble_01_zps79b8a059.jpg

Building it myself also helped me more easily learn how it balances and works, so i went a step further and turned it into a mini science recon vehicle...

bubble_02_zps62e84ad4.jpg

So as you can see ive had lots of fun with it so far. Again, my best VTOL experience, and ive been playing Kerbal a long while now.

bubble_03_zpsea5d40de.jpg

---------

(3 SPOILER PARAGRAPHS ON THE MOVIE OBLIVION!! WARNING!)

My only thoughts on bettering it are that for my money it is just a tad over OP. Not by much, but just a little.

I read your reasons, and know it's alien technology in Oblivion, but even so, its the size of a helicopter and in the movie you only ever see it able to reach -orbit- to get to the alien ship.

This thing goes to the mun and back without hassle. So my only 2 cents there would be to perhaps if not scale back the ISP, then just tone down the fuel load it carries by 2/3rds? That way, you get the awesome speed it shows in the movie, can also do long distance recon and SSTO, but would be just shy of making it interplanetary, which would be left for the rocket/spaceplane category of the game itself.

---------

My only other thought, is on the cockpit. I tried to DL SFR last night and make the modification specified in the thread, and the mod itself wouldnt load (maybe a conflict, ive a LOT of mods on my game since it went x64), and i did the same with rasterprop to no success either. So perhaps for those that dont want to see an empty cockpit, or even a cockpit with kerbals in it, add a 2nd bubble with a blacked out or Kerbalesque blue-window texture to hide the empty interior?

Dont get me wrong, i LOVE the interior of that thing, but as a player i would prefer to have either Kerbals showing inside, or a non-transparent window that gives me the illusion there -might- be Kerbals inside.

So if those are my only 2 thoughts on improving the Bubbleship, i think its shows how much i love this thing. I would honestly rate it 10/10 if those two things were changed, but as it is a 9/10 imo makes this one of THE best Kerbal mods/parts to add to the game.

Im NEVER going to uninstall it!

EDIT - And would you believe it? Just like KSP, after posting this, i tried Rasterprop again this morning, and lo and behold for some bizarre reason this time it played fair with all my other mods. Adding the module code at the bottom of the oblivion pod cfg, i then load into the game and aha! Instant joy!

During my testing I also noticed the bubble itself doesn't have the "Crew Report" function. Dunno if it's a bug or as intended, but felt it was worth a mention

bubble_04_zps3edc0eaa.jpg

(My view on the cockpit either having non-transparent glass or coming with the plugin as standard still stands though. Empty bubbleships just seem weird! heh :) )

Edited by Stevie_D
Typical KSP!

I just had to post to say how awesome this thing is, and give my little feedback.

First off, it's THE best fun and easiest time ive ever had with a VTOL, full stop, dev! I even had to assemble it myself, because ive got an odd bug at the moment in x64 whereby my game crashes if i copypaste someone else's ship into my saved game. But watching your video of how you made it, i had it up and running in no time!

Building it myself also helped me more easily learn how it balances and works, so i went a step further and turned it into a mini science recon vehicle...

So as you can see ive had lots of fun with it so far. Again, my best VTOL experience, and ive been playing Kerbal a long while now.

---------

(3 SPOILER PARAGRAPHS ON THE MOVIE OBLIVION!! WARNING!)

My only thoughts on bettering it are that for my money it is just a tad over OP. Not by much, but just a little.

I read your reasons, and know it's alien technology in Oblivion, but even so, its the size of a helicopter and in the movie you only ever see it able to reach -orbit- to get to the alien ship.

This thing goes to the mun and back without hassle. So my only 2 cents there would be to perhaps if not scale back the ISP, then just tone down the fuel load it carries by 2/3rds? That way, you get the awesome speed it shows in the movie, can also do long distance recon and SSTO, but would be just shy of making it interplanetary, which would be left for the rocket/spaceplane category of the game itself.

---------

My only other thought, is on the cockpit. I tried to DL SFR last night and make the modification specified in the thread, and the mod itself wouldnt load (maybe a conflict, ive a LOT of mods on my game since it went x64), and i did the same with rasterprop to no success either. So perhaps for those that dont want to see an empty cockpit, or even a cockpit with kerbals in it, add a 2nd bubble with a blacked out or Kerbalesque blue-window texture to hide the empty interior?

Dont get me wrong, i LOVE the interior of that thing, but as a player i would prefer to have either Kerbals showing inside, or a non-transparent window that gives me the illusion there -might- be Kerbals inside.

So if those are my only 2 thoughts on improving the Bubbleship, i think its shows how much i love this thing. I would honestly rate it 10/10 if those two things were changed, but as it is a 9/10 imo makes this one of THE best Kerbal mods/parts to add to the game.

Im NEVER going to uninstall it!

EDIT - And would you believe it? Just like KSP, after posting this, i tried Rasterprop again this morning, and lo and behold for some bizarre reason this time it played fair with all my other mods. Adding the module code at the bottom of the oblivion pod cfg, i then load into the game and aha! Instant joy!

During my testing I also noticed the bubble itself doesn't have the "Crew Report" function. Dunno if it's a bug or as intended, but felt it was worth a mention

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc306/exendar/bubble_04_zps3edc0eaa.jpg

(My view on the cockpit either having non-transparent glass or coming with the plugin as standard still stands though. Empty bubbleships just seem weird! heh :) )

Haha that's awesome, yeah it can be pretty modular I have found also.

I take your feedback on board, I have finished the probe and its probe release modules, single and quad.. I have solved the issue of the probe running out of power, its nuclear now so no problems there, just packing it up, its 2am nearly so i might post it in the morning when im not so tired, ill prob stuff something up.

I can in 5 seconds flat make a second version of the pod with opaque glass so you can't see inside and I will also add the config for the see through cockpit, might as well put it all in one release as I want to put the sky house in there too, and that's nearly done.

Looks closer to the film with NearFuture engine fx:

http://i.imgur.com/8OgGHu0.png

oooooh that's gotta be done now, sorry that's just too cool, thanks for finding that mate!

Hey how do you get to see the Kerbal inside the bubble? is this another mod or something?

Download RasterPropManager and then copy and paste the following code into the cfg file for the Bubbleship Command Pod.

MODULE

{

name = JSITransparentPod

}

It you look on the last page there is also another mod you can use.

Hey guys,

Just finishing up adding all the suggestions, I have now got 3 new versions of the Oblivion pod also,

1. As it is now.

2. Opaque windows, no guns.

3. Transparent windows with guns

4. Opaque windows with guns.

I have now intergrated blasters into the pod itself, so it can fire just like the drone

image.php?id=19F7_53E19A9D&jpg

With the maneuverability of it, damned it will own the skies with those folks that play war-games in multi-player!

Wait until you fly the drone!!

Little did I know that adding 24 RCS thrusters to the drone in the little holes would make it possibly the most darty, fun little thing ive ever flown in ksp

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Devo! *knocks on coffin* are you alive and also *knocks on smaller coffin* is this thread also alive?

No, in fact here it is... enjoy.. :)

Drone166 and the bubbleship updated for KSP 0.25

Mechjeb not required but recommended for the drone.

Includes alot of parts, the drone, new IR pushrods, rotatrons... Guns, DYJ's gattling gun (PRESS 1 TO FIRE GUNS)

2 saved ships included, the drone (which can be dragged onto the sub assembly tab) and the new bubbleship for 0.25.

* Includes all plugins required, IR, BAHU, Guns etc...

* Does not include the mechjeb mod, but includes the DR202, a small red glowy eye mechjeb module for the drone.

http://www./download/c7ftfsmjs5bugt5/BubbleShip_and_Drone166_ksp0.25.zip

image.php?id=B55E_545D9F79&jpg

image.php?id=9881_545D9F79&jpg

image.php?id=E34F_545D9F79&jpg

image.php?id=12E6_545D9F79&jpg

image.php?id=3F4C_545D9F79&jpg

Edited by Devo