Kerbal Hardcore Mode

I know the devs are really busy right now with the updates. I am only suggesting this for the updates coming waaaaaay later. Im suggesting that there should be a mode for experienced KSP players where they can only fly on IVA or something. I know it can technically be played that way right now but I think some experienced player would like that idea where they can ONLY fly in IVA. I think there are still a lot missing to be able to get a full IVA experience (ex. External cameras, screens; i know there are mods, but im suggesting it stock). Just a suggestion. I wonder also if the devs are going to implement some kind of life support in stock in the future. Anyone knows?

We *may* see a nascent hardcore mode with 0.24 or in the update after it. It was mentioned sometime this year that if there is enough time, such a thing could be implemented in 0.24. to make things harder for the more experienced players. Although how exactly it will look is unknown, probably just less money from rewards and save/load restrictions for now before more features get added.

Life support and re-entry heat were two things that were mentioned as options that could possibly implemented but only as part of such a mode. But that was mentioned a very long time ago (at least a year), so nobody knows if that's still planned for some point in the future.

I like the IVA idea, it makes sense if you'd could attach cameras or they'd be attached to some parts by default (some on the pods, docking ports). I think Romfarer once mentioned, shortly after he joined the team last year, that he'd like to make his docking cam mod stock. We might get that as part of the polishing phase after scope completionin the future.

I thought something else as hardcore: life support, realistic energy management...

A simple question: Have you ever IVA landed in Mk1 Lander can? The IVA of Mk1 and the cupola is useless! In the Mk2 there are the 3 vital instruments by the window - making the landing easy, but in the Mk1 these even cannot be seen in same screen position!!!

We *may* see a nascent hardcore mode with 0.24 or in the update after it. It was mentioned sometime this year that if there is enough time, such a thing could be implemented in 0.24. to make things harder for the more experienced players. Although how exactly it will look is unknown, probably just less money from rewards and save/load restrictions for now before more features get added.

Life support and re-entry heat were two things that were mentioned as options that could possibly implemented but only as part of such a mode. But that was mentioned a very long time ago (at least a year), so nobody knows if that's still planned for some point in the future.

I like the IVA idea, it makes sense if you'd could attach cameras or they'd be attached to some parts by default (some on the pods, docking ports). I think Romfarer once mentioned, shortly after he joined the team last year, that he'd like to make his docking cam mod stock. We might get that as part of the polishing phase after scope completionin the future.

Yeah I really think those docking cams should be stock, they help me out a lot

I thought something else as hardcore: life support, realistic energy management...

A simple question: Have you ever IVA landed in Mk1 Lander can? The IVA of Mk1 and the cupola is useless! In the Mk2 there are the 3 vital instruments by the window - making the landing easy, but in the Mk1 these even cannot be seen in same screen position!!!

Ive only landed a probe on IVA, (probe control room mod, hullcam, and RPM) the 2 manned lander can and the MK1-2 command pod

- - - Updated - - -

Hardcore mode should be where the player is forced to do a sit-up after every input command

Im not sure what you mean here........

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.