The official unoffical "help a fellow plugin developer" thread

Anyone know how to get the position and vector velocity of a vessel?

vessel.orbit.getPositionAt(Planetarium.GetUniversalTime()) * Planetarium.InverseScaleFactor;

That\'s what it seems to be but the values don\'t make sense pertaining to my current altitude.

Is there a way to see if a part has a stage before it? I need to make this part not run its Active functions until the stage before it is gone.

if (this.inStageIndex == StageManager.StageCount) 
{
}

This should check to see if the part is in the active stage. It looks like there are some other fancy stuff you can check in the stage manager.

if (this.inStageIndex == StageManager.StageCount)

{

}

This should check to see if the part is in the active stage. It looks like there are some other fancy stuff you can check in the stage manager.

Well, it\'s not so much active stage as 'is this part exposed' or 'is this part the last part in its stage'

I\'m starting work on a deploy-able balloon part. I\'ve got buoyancy working, but I want it to work like a parachute (deployable). Does anyone have an example of how to switch meshes like the parachute module?

[mod]Do not talk about decompiling the game. I will not give you a second chance.[/mod]

Anybody knows how to display pressure?

ooh, I can help someone!

this.staticPressureAtm & this.dynamicPressureAtm

I\'m not sure if this is correct, but it seems to work for density

FlightGlobals.getAtmDensity(this.staticPressureAtm)

I created an oxygen tank of sorts. I\'ve noticed that it gets used at the same pace, no matter what warp I use. How do I fix this?

If it\'s possible, try to get the warp multiplier, and adjust the oxygen exhaustion rate accordingly.

I\'m thinking something like.

public void adjustExhaust(<T> theWarpFactor)

{

if (theWarpFactor is something)

then set oxygen to certain speed something like

this.oxygenRate = theWarpFactor*this.oxygenRate

else

do something else

}

Excuse my really shitty psuedo code.

@up I thought about it, but I can\'t find a way to get the warp factor.

How can I kill the crew? Is there a KillCrew() function or something simillar?

Yes, I\'m quite sure I saw something like that. Try 'vessel.'.

Does anyone have an example of launching a UI of some kind? UnityEngine.GUI, console window, etc...?

Try looking at r4am0n\'s and CardBoardBoxProcessor\'s MechJeb Autopilot. They have a GUI which you can see in their source code, you learn a lot by reading the code.

Then we have Unity\'s own documentation:

http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/ScriptReference/30_search.html?q=gui

And some basic tutorial:

http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/Components/GUI%20Scripting%20Guide.html

How you apply it to KSP you\'ll have to figure out yourself, or by help from other people\'s source codes.

What\'s the difference between:

OnPartActivate, OnPartAwake, OnFlightStart, etc.?

Basically, a part I\'m using needs to initialize some variables each time it\'s loaded. I\'m putting it in OnFlightStart at the moment, but I\'m getting some very strange behaviour which I think might be due to one of those variables not being properly initialized.

OnPartActivate - happens when you press Spacebar and the stage with your part is activated.

OnPartAwake - I believe this is available when unpausing the game.

OnFlightStart - this happens when you click 'Launch' in the VAB and the ship is placed on the launch pad.

I\'m doing the initialization in onPartStart();