New kind of Kraken?

So, I was playing with the RSS and all the mods, that come with it. I was trying to make an moon mission and tested out the Service Module, when suddenly, THIS happened!

Note the orbital stats. Most of them show "Nan". Also, the surface velocity is wierd...

TGtRzmk.png

The SM slowly drifted away, leaving the CM onto it is own posission near the ground. And yes, I am sure, that I did not use hack gravity

dgHL0pe.png

Am I onto a new kind of Kraken? Or did I just experience something, that we already know?

Also, I find this kinda funny :D .

Something like this started happening to me. Large ships would seem to forget they were orbiting anything and show velocity of zero. Then after a few seconds explode sending pieces clear out of the solar system. I could fix the game by restarting it, but it got worse and worse like it something was wrong with my save file, I haven't played again since cuz the whole thing is bugged now and I cant launch anything without it exploding after a minute.

Pretty sure it is the same old Kraken just up to new tricks. OP, I would definitely try to repeat that issue with mods off, at least as well as you can if you also used modded parts. It would be handy for finding out if the Kraken might be playing with your mods, or it is just sticking to stock parts.

Looks like an addon kraken to me :)

Movenating!

Alrighty, thank you. And yes, it seems to be a thing with the Realism Overhaul resized parts. When I took out R.O from the Gamedata folder, this glitch stopped existing.

This is, what the debug menu shows me

ZlsD1RT.png

So it really was Jeb dividing by zero...

damn you, jeb

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.