Any successors to the Ion Engine Pack?

Dire_Squid

I now built up the courage to want to download the Ion Engine Pack, and found it's nowhere to be found (not on Curse, and not on here).

The closest equivalents to such a pack... don't even come close, aesthetically (just tweaked Ion engines and bigger engines... not very inspirational).

Anyone know where I can find it, IF I can find it?

Well the "OP-ness" is only one reason I want them.

After seeing the potential the normal Ion Boosters shown me when I returned a "Space Station Refueling Rocket" back into Kerbin orbit (being able to push even after the liquid fuel was all gone), I wanted those blue-energy-spewing babies of the Ion Engine Pack, especially for long-distances flights: be it with rockets, probes, or stations.

How a mere alternative form of propulsion saved me from lazily clicking the X to terminate the rocket, to get it out of my station's orbit (a station I intend to get an orbit around the Mun, once it's completely refueled)... well, you get the idea.

Well the "OP-ness" is only one reason I want them.

In that case, look around for some engine models you like (that are actually downloadable) and learn how to edit the .cfg files. Near Future actually has some awesome looking engines in the same vein, at least as far as the effects are concerned.

I don't want "broken-ness", just something that compliments the Liquid Fuel/Oxidizer tanks and can work long after they've dried up (also I'm not going to bother to tweak ANYTHING, since I'm busy as is).

Also, as much as I appreciate you telling me about Near Future.... it's both: A: too much stuff, and B: kinda ugly/plain (to me, anyways... AND NO OFFENSE TO THE ORIGINAL CREATOR OF THE NEAR FUTURE MOD!).

Edited by Dire_Squid
I had to say no offense, since I want to come off opinionated, not a jerk-pants

This mod, right? Dropbox link looks like it still works though I've no idea if they're compatible with .23.5.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/31286-0-22-Ion-Hybrid-Electric-Pack-30-08-13-Soon-FKSP!!!-See-Development-Monitor

The engines certainly look dead cool, all sleek sci-fi stuff in contrast to the more "open" engineering of the Near Future stuff.

This mod, right? Dropbox link looks like it still works though I've no idea if they're compatible with .23.5.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/31286-0-22-Ion-Hybrid-Electric-Pack-30-08-13-Soon-FKSP!!!-See-Development-Monitor

The engines certainly look dead cool, all sleek sci-fi stuff in contrast to the more "open" engineering of the Near Future stuff.

Yup, that's the one!

Thank you, everyone! Now to see if it still works!

GOOD NEWS: It works in .23.5 ....

BAD NEWS: It doesn't work in Career Mode.

Edited by Dire_Squid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.