Devnote Tuesdays: The Temporary "First Contract Edition" Thread

SQUAD

On Linux at least, steam users have both 32 and 64 bit versions available. Although Steam launches 32 bit by default, you can manually go into the folder and launch the 64 bit version (Steam is just the launcher, you don't need it to play at all). I expect Windows will be similar.

Yeah I was expecting info on that this week as well. Though I hadn't even seen a link to a site. Happen to remember it?

We're due to talk about that separately from the devnotes. Last I checked it was on tap for this week, as I said last week, but I'll check again with Calisker to see what's up.

“But in a nutshell, yes, 0.24 is going to be released in 64-bit for Windows too.â€Â

giphy.gif

New sounds, new visuals, contracts and 64-bit?

Sounds too good to be true.

Oh, I voted for "Kerbal Space Program: Contractual Obligations"... because it's probably closest to the content of the update.

There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to assume you'll have to pay. It's as likely as them charging you again for 0.24

I'm so happy I was able to discover Kerbal on the last day you could buy the game and get all future DLC and such. I saw a 10 second video on youtube of someone trying to do a re-creation of the SpaceX grasshopper and I immediately bought the game. It was the best impulse buy of my life.

There are many games that have x32 and x64 exe files, you just run the one you like. I don't get it why some people think they'll have to pay extra.

Exactly, I suspect 64bit will be more stable than the hack but not stable enough to make it default. Keeping it as a separate exe should reduce the chance of people using it without knowing it might be unstable.

ohh my gosh ohh my gosh ... x64 bit whooop ... never again will i have an out of memory problem runs around the room and jumps up and down whoop whoop

this update will be a real game changer money!!! ... we have a budget whoop it is now a game ...

i think this is the single biggest update you guys have made ... well done squad cant wait to play kerbal space program (the game!!) :)

“But in a nutshell, yes, 0.24 is going to be released in 64-bit for Windows too.â€Â

All I had to read to totally throw a legit fan girl scream. I won't lie didn't read the rest, this is all I needed to see to know .24 is gonna be EPIC!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.