[v0.90/v.25]Transparent Pods v1.2.2 for KSP v0.90

nli2work

Hi I'm realy enjoying the parts and just stopped in to say great new goodies.

(I'm figuring out how to remove all the new Iva stuff, cause I have an old PC and dont use the iva- not a complaint though...)

Couple things in the 1.5 release -

Both theNose4x and the 30mmGundola

have:

PART:NEEDS[bDArmory]

{

Which doesnt let the game see the parts. (I dont know if thats a plug in thing or it is a typo, but in any event...)

Changing it to:

// NEEDS[bDArmory]

PART

{

lets me play with them in stock.

Also theNose4x has TechRequired = aerodynamics instead of TechRequired = aerodynamicSystems so it wont show in career.

All in all great work and I hope this was helpful. Thank you.

to remove the IVAs, delete the INTERNAL{} blocks in the cockpit config files. then delete the spaces, props, and patches folder inside rectCkPit folder.

The gun stuff are non-functional if you don't have BDArmory plugin, they would just be purely decorative. they may throw NREs in the background and mess up the game, I can't say for sure. But if it works out that's great. The ":NEEDS[bDArmory]" bit is for ModuleManager so it knows not to load the part if BDArmory plugin is not present.

for future versions I'm working on setting up the configs so there are non-plugin and plugin variants that load depending whether you have dependency mods or not. Also rearranging the folder structure to make setting up custom installs easier, hopefully.

Thanks for the heads up on that technode. I managed to catch most of them in the last round. still missed one. :)

Thanks for the tips on the IVAs.

I'm meant with BDArmory when I typed "lets me play with them in stock" - sorry...

I have BDArmory, I just dont have ModuleManager.

Without MM the parts wont show up even if BDArmory is installed.

What I posted above works for non MM users though... So I'm using the guns without MM no issues.

I see that you have ModuleManager listed in first post, I missed that in my excitement over the nli2work/BDArmory guns.

I apologize for not reading the new notes in the first posts, also thank you for taking the time to explain why the part was configured that way. I have never used MM so I didnt understand.

anyways always thanks.

How come I can't open one of the craft files, it is the new twin prop craft. I have procedural dynamics?

Can't open as in it says "invalid or locked part"? or can't open as in it doesn't show up in load craft window?

If it's first; check the installation and make sure all the RF parts are loaded correctly.

if 2nd; move the craft files to KSP/Ships/SPH or KSP/saves/yourSave/Ships/SPH

I'm assuming there are still some things to shake out with .25 / RPM, but I just tried out 1.5 for the first time last night.

woah.

'Can't wait to play with all the new parts this weekend. Has anyone thanked you for the in-line angled gear, yet? If not -- THANK YOU!

You are welcome!

RPM just updated. still waiting for Firespitter to push out a new compile. It works right now, but throws impatibility message. Hopefully by this weekend. that will give me time finish up a few larger parts.

v1.6 will have new folder structure under GameData/RetroFuture; and some new bits and parts I rather like. so don't get too attached to v1.5. :D

Transparent Pods v1.2 in OP.

Edited by nli2work

Well your transparent pods don't want to work on my install.

Windows 32bit 0.25

Mods:

RPM 18.3

Transparent Pods 1.2

ModuleManager 2.5.1

MK2Redux (only old stock parts)

That's it, no other mods messing with it.

All of your pods don't load correctly and show up with completely black textures (except the cyclops pod, which has grey textures), with working windows though.

http://pastebin.com/KTghEvzu

Then I happened to install the toolbar plugin and really only the toolbar plugin.

Suddenly the black and grey textures were gone, but now all pods are golden... literally.

http://pastebin.com/PgVWXxrL

TGA texture problem? RPM problem? But why is toolbar messing with it...?

:confused:

EDIT: Oh and the back node on your Mono pod doesn't work if the pod happens NOT to be the first part on a vessel (you call it "aft").

EDIT2: Just wanted to add that RPM does seem to work, at least it does for all the other pods.

Edited by slumpie

TGA texture problem? RPM problem? But why is toolbar messing with it...?

updated textures to PNG. textures should load consistently now.

I suggest grabbing Active Texture Management when it's updated to 0.25 as it solves texture loading problems with KSP's default asset loader. not to mention it reduces overall texture memory usage as well.

Edited by nli2work

Am I missing something, or does the Cyclops Command Pod not have an IVA button for MechJeb on the glass screen? If not, could one be added? The glass screen is very cool, and I'd like to integrate MechJeb into it.

Also, what kind of external cameras will the external camera button work with? The mod doesn't seem to include any.

Am I missing something, or does the Cyclops Command Pod not have an IVA button for MechJeb on the glass screen? If not, could one be added? The glass screen is very cool, and I'd like to integrate MechJeb into it.

Also, what kind of external cameras will the external camera button work with? The mod doesn't seem to include any.

I didn't include a mechjeb page. Haven't tried MJ and RPM integration yet. Will updated when I have it working in 0.25.

any external camera that works with RPM should work, docking camera should be steerable via small key pad on the lower right side of main display. if you had the previous version of TransparentPods it included an external camera part, that one's moved over to retrofuture now. RPM includes an external camera (repurposed linear RCS port) that should work also.

the pods don't need Firespitter; only RPM. they work in FAR as you would expect based on their shape. The smaller pods are good on just about anything. The large one takes some finessing to get up through the atmosphere. I don't test with Stock Aero, so if there are any aerodynamic problems it'd be in Stock.

Hey nli2work, firstly gotta say that I love your mods. The aesthetic is excellent across the board, and the new Retro-Future parts are amazing.

I just have a few questions/issues/suggestions, if you don't mind:

• The Retro-Future wings seem to have a larger collision box (I'm not sure if that's the right term?) than their visual appearance, which isn't the case with stock pWings. So when I try to adjust the size/shape of a nearby wing, or attach something to another part, I hit the other wing instead, and have to remove it or flip the camera around to do what I want. They also hit things that they shouldn't in-flight.
  • Any plans to make larger Retro-Future cockpits? Would go nicely with your sweet new fuselage/cargo bay parts.
  • I think a cylindrical 1.25m fuselage piece would also be handy - right now the round-ended 1.25m cockpits can only fit a Retro-Future fuselage via an adapter, which tends to make things look a bit awkward.
  • It looks like there are a few mistakes in the wing cfgs - the control surface (not the all-moving one) lacks the check for pWings at the start, and there's a typo in the name when checking for FAR/NEAR, so the FAR/NEAR aero model isn't being applied. The other wing bits lack the line checking for FAR/NEAR so they're probably applying FAR/NEAR settings even in stock aero.
  • Could you add the Firespitter wheel alignment guide module to your landing gear? It's a super useful feature.
  • Any way to fix the Transparent Command Pod HUD being black when running OpenGL?

Cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.