[v0.90/v.25]Transparent Pods v1.2.2 for KSP v0.90

nli2work

6 hours ago, amankd said:

im gonna go ahead and give this mod a revamp, from what i can tell the main issues are the node alignment needs flipping on some parts and the fuel switch is brocken (if i cant fix that i will just give them lf and oxi) ill keep you guys posted

if you spot any other bugs that need patching give me a ping

I hadn't noticed the fuel switch. Is that one of the controls in the IVA?

The node alignments, yes. There are also temperature settings and buoyancy that have changed and been added. It's not as though you would expect them to be used for re-entry or launched without a fairing but the 3-man pod is a bit low on the tech tree, and so tempting. I've mostly used them for rovers where heating and buoyancy aren't big issues.

I've seen transparent canopies blamed for bad lag, but I have a suspicion that excessively complicated IVA views are part of the problem. I've never had problems with these.

5 minutes ago, Wolf Baginski said:

I hadn't noticed the fuel switch. Is that one of the controls in the IVA?

The node alignments, yes. There are also temperature settings and buoyancy that have changed and been added. It's not as though you would expect them to be used for re-entry or launched without a fairing but the 3-man pod is a bit low on the tech tree, and so tempting. I've mostly used them for rovers where heating and buoyancy aren't big issues.

I've seen transparent canopies blamed for bad lag, but I have a suspicion that excessively complicated IVA views are part of the problem. I've never had problems with these.

the fuel switch is changing whay fuel is in all the tanks, it turned out to just need a firespitter update

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, darkracer125 said:

how about fixing your links

How about ASKING, nicely? :D

And if you bothered to read ANY of the past couple pages, you would see the author was gone for awhile, and someone else picked up the mod...

Welcome to the forums. :)

Edited by Stone Blue

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Spodershibe said:

I would be very happy if I could get a spacedock link of this mod. Can someone please upload?

Welcome to the forums! :)

As to your request, tho, it is usually frowned upon for anyone EXCEPT the mod developer to post a mod on a hosting site.

Which in this case, would be @nli2work , who is still around, and active on the forums...

Requesting to have this hosted on SpaceDock IS perfectly acceptable tho... :)
I also MUCH prefer to get my mods on SpaceDock as well... :)

EDIT: Actually, i just now remembered that @amankd took over this mod, along with Retrofuture Plane Parts... Who I beleive has NOT been very active lately... ???

Edited by Stone Blue

I would add that one of the links in the OP still works and I actually still use these in 1.1.2 (with some corrections). You of course need the new AdvTransparentPods plugin - you can see a screenshot of their transparent glory I posted in that thread recently. :)

• 4 months later...
On 5/28/2016 at 4:09 PM, Stone Blue said:

EDIT: Actually, i just now remembered that @amankd took over this mod, along with Retrofuture Plane Parts... Who I beleive has NOT been very active lately... ???

I just got this downloaded from the mediafire link, version 1.7.2b

Are you aware of any later versions?

On 6/5/2016 at 10:05 AM, Deimos Rast said:

I would add that one of the links in the OP still works and I actually still use these in 1.1.2 (with some corrections). You of course need the new AdvTransparentPods plugin - you can see a screenshot of their transparent glory I posted in that thread recently. :)

Other than the AdvTransparentPods plugin, do you have a list of what needs to be updated?

I always liked this mod, and if it's not being maintained, I may start doing that.

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I always liked this mod, and if it's not being maintained, I may start doing that.

Liked these pods too. So if you have the time and mood, beside your other mods and plugins... i would be happy to see them alive again.:rep:

23 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just got this downloaded from the mediafire link, version 1.7.2b

Are you aware of any later versions?

Other than the AdvTransparentPods plugin, do you have a list of what needs to be updated?

Do you mean 1.2.2? That's the version on Mediafire currently, and the last version on the KerbalStuff torrent, and what the title says.

The plugin I referred to is the one below. It's up to date, but I'm not sure these old pods conform to the new standard entirely. It has to do with meshes and shaders and that type of witchcraft, or something.

The plugin has undergone some revisions since I last looked at it, so it might be working better than when I played with it. Or worse. The only real issue was some things that shouldn't have been transparent (like the frames around the windows) sometimes went transparent, generally after launching.

There are also a few micro landing legs and a micro claw in the pack. These are the old legs, so they might just benefit from a straight conversion to ModuleAnimateGeneric. They're too tiny to really have any suspension anyway, if they ever did.

I seem to remember some nodes, specifically the bottom ones, being inverted, as is typical for older mods; but I could be wrong (going by memory here).

JPLRepo put together a pretty solid wiki article about what a pod mesh/transform/thinger needs to qualify, which I also linked.

Overall though, it's pretty solid (at least it was a few versions ago).

https://github.com/JPLRepo/JSIAdvTransparentPods/wiki/JSIAdvTransparentPods

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2016 at 11:06 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

LOL

I had downloaded the Retrofuturev1.7.2b, but that is for KSP 0.25

I just got the TransparentPodsv1.2.2, thanks

This is way down on my to-do list.  But I liked them, and if I ever get some time may take a stab at resurrecting them

I actually went ahead and updated it locally, not seeing this. I'm a bit under the weather atm so haven't tested it yet, but even still all the big stuff is done. Do you want it or is it something I should/can release later? The big unknown is how well the transparency will work now.

I also have a partial RetroFuture update, as it is badly outdated despite it's "1.2" label. Stopped working on it due to not using the mod any more.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.