[v0.90/v.25]Transparent Pods v1.2.2 for KSP v0.90

nli2work

3 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I actually went ahead and updated it locally, not seeing this. I'm a bit under the weather atm so haven't tested it yet, but even still all the big stuff is done. Do you want it or is it something I should/can release later? The big unknown is how well the transparency will work now.

I also have a partial RetroFuture update, as it is badly outdated despite it's "1.2" label. Stopped working on it due to not using the mod any more.

Go for it, I have enough :-)

• 1 month later...
On Monday, November 07, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Deimos Rast said:

I actually went ahead and updated it locally, not seeing this. I'm a bit under the weather atm so haven't tested it yet, but even still all the big stuff is done. Do you want it or is it something I should/can release later? The big unknown is how well the transparency will work now.

I also have a partial RetroFuture update, as it is badly outdated despite it's "1.2" label. Stopped working on it due to not using the mod any more.

Any news on this? I too miss these nifty little pods. Made space tourism seem almost plausible. 

I might sugest adding some tweakscale integration to the landing legs and micro claw. That claw was very handy for refueling all types of vessels. 

Hope you are feeling better and sincerely looking forward to an update in the future. 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

you only need to change the name of the module in each of the three pods to make everything work in 1.3.1.  course you need ASET and JSI transparent pods installed as well. because these have ASET Cockpits in them.   but easy change to make it work good chance for somebody new to learn. 

MODULE
{
    name = JSITransparentPod

to 

MODULE
{
    name = JSIAdvTransparentPod

Edited by COL.R.Neville

• 3 months later...

I don't suppose anyone has a working link to the transparent pods? I had them at one time, but my harddrive crashed, and I'd like to see if I can get them working in 1.4.3...

• 1 year later...
22 hours ago, yobehtmada said:

Hands down, my favorite command pods. I'd love to see it working again. Heck, if I could find the file, I'd do the work to try and learn how to get it working again. Is anybody out there?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c6wn93kvgnosgyr/TransparentPodsv1.2.2.zip

If that link I just posted doesn't show up, you can search Youtube for a video called Transparent command pods by a youtuber named Noah Sans Ark. In the comments (there's not many) you'll find the same mediafire.com link I tried to post above. Please note you'll have to update the part.cfg files in them. It's really easy. Look for a MODULE towards the bottom that says JSITransparentPod, and replace that word with JSIAdvTransparentPod. After that the mod will work almost perfectly. For some reason the rear attachment point on the Mono command pod attaches backwards, but that's easy to work around with the rotation tool.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome. The only thing wrong with it that I've found besides the outdated module name, is that the Mono pod has backwards hardpoints, and the Cyclops pod has some fouled up visuals inflight,, though it displays properly in the editor.

7 hours ago, H3xx said:

Awesome. The only thing wrong with it that I've found besides the outdated module name, is that the Mono pod has backwards hardpoints, and the Cyclops pod has some fouled up visuals inflight,, though it displays properly in the editor.

thank you. adjusted the orientation, and the size (some were set to size 2 nodes, set all to 1)

don't know if I can do anything about the in-flight visuals, but these issues might have been worked out with newer game versions, and updated JPLAdvTransparentPods mod.

I have found the license for this, and am attempting to contact @nli2work to ask permission.

updating the part.cfg's to include current game features, and trying to see if there are any animations/lights that can be accessed that aren't currently showing (so far not seeing any - lights seem to only be able to be turned off through IVA).

landing gear will take the most time - am trying see if converting to module animategeneric will work, but will try to do a straight conversion.

v1.2.3.0 - pre-release

Transparent Pods Repressurized
Formerly known as Transparent Command Pods

KSP%20version-1.7.x-66ccff.svg?style=flaMOD%20version-1.2.3.0-orange.svg?style=f

Updated all parts to 1.7.3

Kindly review - and am looking for hero screenshot(s) for the release.

Have asked nli2work for permission to release, although license permits; since nli2work hasn't been on the forums since 13 Apr 17 will wait a reasonable amount of time for a response out of courtesy and respect. Plan is to release onto Spacedock and CKAN shortly.

4 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

v1.2.3.0 - pre-release

KSP%20version-1.7.x-66ccff.svg?style=flaMOD%20version-1.2.3.0-orange.svg?style=f

Have asked nli2work for permission to release, although license permits; since nli2work hasn't been on the forums since 13 Apr 17 will wait a reasonable amount of time for a response out of courtesy and respect. Plan is to release onto Spacedock and CKAN shortly.

Are you going to add a new forum thread for this?

6 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

By this time tomorrow I'll try to have a selection for you.
Thanks for your efforts on this, it's a great mod!

7 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

v1.2.3.0 - pre-release

I hate to do this to you, but best tou see this now;

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I hate to do this to you, but best tou see this now;

I say keep walking. :)  And let's see how it works.

Historically, Add'Os developed by Squad's staff are more polished, and better copes to the KSP API (for obvious reasons). However, on the long run, some of the Add'Ons can be leaved behind due day-work pressures (see Firespitter).

My advise is to do not try to be better than the other guy. Just be yourself, do what you think is right and see what happens. You will bork eventually (more frequently while you are getting your feet wet on the thing), so use Beta releases and call for feedback before releasing the thing as stable on CKAN or something.

Wait...what?...
the JSI mod is *just* a plugin with *no* parts, that can make existing pods transparent (with modification)...
The mod that Zer0 is reviving, has actual *parts* in it, with *no* plugin...
So how much duplicate/overlap is there?... other than in the titles?

Edited by Stone Blue

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Excellent point. I didn't verified the facts by myself and commented based on what was told to me.

Edited by Lisias
bad grammars. :p

55 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Excellent point. I didn't verified the facts by myself and commented based in which was told to me.

There really isn't any overlap. These are just a few globe shaped transparent pods that uses JSIAdvTransparentpods.

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

Wait...what?...
the JSI mod is *just* a plugin with *no* parts, that can make existing pods transparent (with modification)...

ah, that explains it.  Somewhat confusing, but go for it

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I hate to do this to you, but best you see this now;

Yep - the mod and parts are split. This is just the parts. :P Thank you for looking out. It was confusing to me at first as well, since I thought the mod was the .dll and didn't remember the glorious pods from @nli2work.

Just got full permission to re-release.

8 hours ago, Ruedii said:

Are you going to add a new forum thread for this?

Probably, once I have some hero shots to show off the parts.

6 hours ago, Jup said:

By this time tomorrow I'll try to have a selection for you.
Thanks for your efforts on this, it's a great mod!

Thank you and am glad was brought to my attention - these pods / parts are glorious! Just like @nli2work other work - like Orbital Utility Vehicle (OUT) now known as Orbital Tug - which @linuxgurugamer and the community worked on to bring back to life.

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Wait...what?...

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Excellent point. I didn't verified the facts by myself and commented based on what was told to me.

57 minutes ago, H3xx said:

There really isn't any overlap. These are just a few globe shaped transparent pods that uses JSIAdvTransparentpods.

39 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

ah, that explains it.  Somewhat confusing, but go for it

Hence the rename to 'Transparent Pods Repressurized", hopefully that will clear up some of the justified confusion.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.