[v0.90/v.25]Transparent Pods v1.2.2 for KSP v0.90

nli2work

So, I just tested them and for some reason there's no IVA and the windows are opaque... Although it's entirely possible that I have too many mods loaded. I need to trim the list.

Edited by H3xx

Good catch on the references.

I downloaded the updated file was preparing some shots for you to consider when I noticed a weird effect when switching to transparent. 

Anything in front of the IVA appears to be deleted also.
I don't know if this is normal, or an issue to be addressed?

screenshot14.jpgscreenshot15.jpgscreenshot20.jpgscreenshot21.jpg

1 hour ago, Jup said:

Good catch on the references.

I downloaded the updated file was preparing some shots for you to consider when I noticed a weird effect when switching to transparent. 

Anything in front of the IVA appears to be deleted also.
I don't know if this is normal, or an issue to be addressed?

Spoiler

screenshot14.jpgscreenshot15.jpgscreenshot21.jpgscreenshot20.jpg

nice hero shots!

I've seen that issue as well. Does it also do this when there is only one pod in physics range? There is a comment about 'too much glass' can overwhelm JPLAdvancedTransparentPods, might be something to ask @JPLRepoabout since he is maintaining that mod.

On 4/29/2016 at 6:24 AM, JPLRepo said:

Known Issues:

• Due to Unity camera limitations and the way KSP camera and universe is set-up (It's complicated, but if you want the full explanation send me a PM) any objects in the foreground of an IVA can be occluded/cut-off by the IVA. This also occurs with the stock overlay feature introduced in KSP 1.1. I have implemented some basic ray casting to help allieviate this, but it only works when the object in front of an IVA is directly between the IVA and the player's viewing camera. I am investigating other ways to deal with this issue, such as shaders and depth-buffer, hand-wave algorithms.

Do you have RPM or MAS installed? Issue is also that RPM is no longer being supported, and last version of KSP supported (iirc) is 1.6.1; New version is MAS - and I am looking for someone to take a crack at updating the (included) props/IVA's to MAS.

I am wondering if @nli2work did all these parts - no - @nohark did the handrails, so I will update credits.

The legs both seem to be working well with just ModuleAnimateGeneric; but will also try to update (try) to KSPWheel this coming week.

Also am thinking of making a version of the Klaw as a Jr sized docking port?

Patches will attempt to write and include are: KIS, CLS, and Tweakscale.

Still, the pet Krakens in the pods are a nice touch.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Cheers mate, I'm not sure exactly what you'd like to see, so I'm just trying to put together shots that I think are cool.

Here's an example with only one pod on the pad, and only stock parts (just in case that was an issue), I also tried to use a pod with a single, simple pane to try and minimise the 'too much glass' possibility.

It seems that the effect brings the IVA view to the front of everything regardless of what it might be, and I'm not sure how that might be overcome.

No RPM or MAS installed, but for clarity I've included a shot of my GD folder just in case something presents itself.

Little claws are handy for cranes etc, so if it's something you'd like to do, I'd find a use for it for sure.

Again, thank you for reviving this mod. Your efforts are appreciated.

screenshot24.pngscreenshot26.pngUntitled.png

OK, I've downloaded the latest release, and also installed JSIAdvTransparentPods_V0.1.20.0 (I didn't realise it was a dependency, so my previous shots were what it looks like without it!)

I took a short video because I noticed that it was only when certain parts were required to be visible.
To confirm: I removed TR (just in case it was a conflict) and I also launched unmanned (again, just in case) neither of which made any difference.

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:
  On 4/29/2016 at 6:24 AM, JPLRepo said:

Known Issues:

• Due to Unity camera limitations and the way KSP camera and universe is set-up (It's complicated, but if you want the full explanation send me a PM) any objects in the foreground of an IVA can be occluded/cut-off by the IVA. This also occurs with the stock overlay feature introduced in KSP 1.1. I have implemented some basic ray casting to help allieviate this, but it only works when the object in front of an IVA is directly between the IVA and the player's viewing camera. I am investigating other ways to deal with this issue, such as shaders and depth-buffer, hand-wave algorithms.

From the author - this does look like what he is talking about.

Still - with JPLAdvTransparentPods installed - looks great (except occasionally having a girder through the head)

On 8/13/2019 at 8:44 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

From the author - this does look like what he is talking about.

Still - with JPLAdvTransparentPods installed - looks great (except occasionally having a girder through the head)

Now I understand! The transparency is done using the same technique used by the Interior Overlay!

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.