1,282 members have voted

1. 1. What to work on next?

• More wheels
    • More tracks
    • Rover bodies
    • Landing gear
    • Landing legs
    • Something completely different

Hahaha! Marvellous. The repulsors seem to create massive drag when scaled up, so that might well be it. I take it you're not running FAR? I'll see what I can do in the configs, though there is a host of stuff you can play with in TweakScale too. I believe the stock drag model works (somewhat erroneously) on weight, so that might also be a factor for that big craft.

Could i ask for the mod to work with tweakable Mod to be able to change the sizes of the wheels and track..

But as a wish items perhaps a few extra Tracks as well.

Again I LOVE the repulsors, Moon Speeders are the way to go :)

Thanks guys. Just getting to grips with proper TweakScale integration and the water code has been released to the development team pending testing and final tweaking.

I have one more request. Is it possible to make repulsors height control available for action groups?

It already is... Extend and Retract are Up and Down respectively. each time you press extend it add 0.5 to height. so press extend 16 times to get max height of 8. and opposite for the retract function.

Edited by QuantumX

I thought I'd got it nailed. Could you post an output_log please? Cool craft design. One thought is you've got an old version of the plugin knocking about, so maybe just double check that.

I'm about to overhaul it again anyway, as I found a better method for dealing with power and the next release will add the wicked APU Spanner built.

Nice work, Damaske :)

Thanks for helping with the queries and support requests, guys. I really appreciate it.

Edited by lo-fi

Are these compatible with the older tracks form electronic fox?

While I doubt anything would explode if you used them together, the plugin, and thus the parts and the module they reference, will be different and will likely not work "together" so to speak. Unfortunately those older tracks don't work too well under the current KSP build.

Anyone else still getting random loss of repulsion in 1.4?

My crafts keep randomly dropping to one side and go BOOM :confused:

Y'know, I could be completely mistaken because, honestly, I have a horrible lack of experience in these matters but... I was noticing in those shots that a few of your engines are reporting less fuel available than others. Now, I have no idea where each of those gauges are in reference to their actual engines, but I do know that something could be out of balance there. I know from my experimenting that even the repulsors are still subject to balance issues. So, my theory is that the repulsors are still working, they're just under a heavier load than the other side of the craft and are buckling under the strain. The repulsors on the other side of the craft are being lifted off the ground (just imaging them as wheels with actual contact with the surface of the planet) and, as happens when the wheels on one side of a vehicle fail, the craft teeters off to one side and looses a heated argument with the pavement, so to speak.

However, I am just speculating here.

I thought I'd got it nailed. Could you post an output_log please? Cool craft design. One thought is you've got an old version of the plugin knocking about, so maybe just double check that.

I'm about to overhaul it again anyway, as I found a better method for dealing with power and the next release will add the wicked APU Spanner built.

Nice work, Damaske :)

Thanks for helping with the queries and support requests, guys. I really appreciate it.

A search finds only one Wheels.dll Here's my output_log.txt

@Gaalidas

Yeah i've made that mistake before, but in this case there's less fuel available to the engines in the middle of the craft so no balance issues. I also use TAC Fuel Balancer when needed.

Thanks TSM. Looks like a few structural failures etc. before the messages saying the repulsors retracted due to low electricity. Search the log for 'retracting' and look up from there. I will update the code shortly as the new method is much more robust, but I think something else is at fault there.

Regarding the tracks, I'm afraid the RBI's and my version have fairly little in common under the hood. They won't clash, but using the RBI plugin with my model or vice versa just won't work.