The Black Market (Military Craft for Kerbal War Game)

Here is the common thread where we will sell our craft/craft files.

To participate:

1. Make a craft using no mods other than the ones that can be found in the Gamedata folder download on this page. Stock crafts are welcome as well!

2. Calculate the value (MechJeb has the calculator).

3. Advertise for it here, soliciting potential buyers.

4. Sell a craft (in game, details on page linked above) for no less than its calculated cost. Craft file may be sold for either more or less. If not sold privately (through PM probably), other people may download it at no penalty to their team.

5. Remember, this is war. There's nothing fair about it.

Good to go!

Edited by horndgmium

Hmm I think what needs to be mentioned is that you may want to finalize "purchases" over PM's with the team members... so the other teams can't get a hand on the download link (and then maybe you could jack up the "price" of the craft for the other team :D )

Presenting the XV-89 Fyresturm! Four rocket pylons, and intercontinental range with fuel reserves enough for a jaunt over to Inland and for emergencies, even with excessive amounts of showboating! Later version shown in night coloring, unpainted is the initial prototype.

This is the continent our test pilot eventually landed on, after a 16 minute flight from the KSC.

iz6tzt.png

More proof of the intercontinental flight

2vil66a.png

Gliding in for a landing.

qntfs8.png

An example of the sixteen I built personally.

m8ivyr.png

Night flying, demonstration of camouflage, and more showboating.

k0kk75.png

339pswj.png

i5nhwz.png

2d2677r.png

16gip0x.png

2i3o5x.png

30wxqp1.png

Asking price is 120k MS for a lot of three fully-operational craft. Comes with a complimentary two-week supply of jet fuel for one plane of your choice!

Now that just looks completely insane :). How do the missiles compare to skillful missiles?

I really don't know, I've only just started messing around with weapons today.

The missiles themselves are, er, erratic. Later designs come with a probe pod for a bit of sas stability. In atmosphere, the brave pilot would get very close before firing them all in a salvo and hoping one hits :D. In orbit they you could actively aim them.

One thing that I have noticed about missiles like that is that they are best suited for a shotgun style approach. Stock missiles just do not have enough accuracy in atmosphere to be useful one at a time.

Presenting the XV-89 Fyresturm! Four rocket pylons, and intercontinental range with fuel reserves enough for a jaunt over to Inland and for emergencies, even with excessive amounts of showboating! Later version shown in night coloring, unpainted is the initial prototype.

This is the continent our test pilot eventually landed on, after a 16 minute flight from the KSC.

a>

More proof of the intercontinental flight

a>

Gliding in for a landing.

a>

An example of the sixteen I built personally.

a>

Night flying, demonstration of camouflage, and more showboating.

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

Asking price is 120k MS for a lot of three fully-operational craft. Comes with a complimentary two-week supply of jet fuel for one plane of your choice!

Looks awesome, I may buy it. Btw, don't we all have infinite fuel? (Not the debug cheat, I mean in the SPH)

The F-145 Tomkat SSTO Attack craft.

Crew of 1. Can reach orbit on stock sized Kerbin, have not tested it on a RSS sized Kerbin, because I went full RO.

Buyer can swap out weapons for Skillful as needed. Haven't done it because RF would kill it.

Its old, I built it when I had KER all pods, but now I run MJ. It does not come with MJ on it, but it is completely stock. Remove the "missiles" to reduce part count and replace with IR Skillful weapons.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Its a shame you all didn't use Procedural Wings, it could REALLY cut down on the parts count.

Edited by Hodo

You may need a bit more than a handful of missiles or kinetic weapons against the MK1 FOB probe core, it's survived TallBoy and AirBurst direct hits and also absorbs complete aircraft at 170m/s or more. Dual layer heavy armor (3.5cm inside 12cm), triple on the roof for those bigger bombs, 147 parts and 48T. Be warned it will cost an arm and leg and/or large amount of time to move it anywhere hence the low low asking price of just eighty nine, nine ninety nine, nine ninety nine credits for the craft file.

tcY6eCc.jpg

Did you ever have trouble bombing/spying on another team? too tired those slow bullets catch up to you? well do not try to find another solution, because this one is it!

Right out of MCA Labs, the F-13 SS Supersonic Plane. Tests show it has speeds of up to Mach 5 and more! (of course it needs quite a distance to achieve this speed) Add the weapons yourself, and see the destruction unfold!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The best is that this baby is at only... 25 million $ for now, but hurry in before it gets back to 30 million $

Unmanned missile version coming soon

Edited by MCA

Oh, it is possible. Just that you have to climb very slowly up to about 12k meters, on full throttle, for 16 minuites. But still, it is priced to move! BUY TODAY; LOT I ONLY 120K MS EACH PLANE!

Assure me that it can fly in FAR, then I'll go for it :)

Assure me that it can fly in FAR, then I'll go for it :)
Be sure to get screenies of loaded and unloaded with fuel and weapons before parting with cash, a stable craft can turn into a death trap quite quickly with FAR installed :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.