Kerbal Stuff, an open-source Space Port replacement

SirCmpwn

I implemented "instant click", which means that Kerbal Stuff now starts loading pages once it thinks you're going to click links to them, but before you actually click them. The effect of this is that browsing the site now feels pretty much instantaneous. It's a big change, though, so please let me know if you notice anything new that has been broken because of this.

Fixed this issue, thanks for reporting it.

Thanks! It's work well. :)

Updates:

KSP version is now a dropdown instead of a text box. You also now have a checkbox to prevent Kerbal Stuff from emailing your followers when you publish an update:

uny3lMk1n8ax.png

Additionally, you may now edit the changelog for old versions (including the initial release):

0VHYcW7j8MJD.png

Use the pencil on the changelog tab of your mods to do so.

XRQoMojiYncZ.png

Site is looking good, but could we have a more compact skin when using 'browse mods' (or even just an option).

Right now I seem to spend most of my time scrolling the page, fine whilst there are just a view mods but once it gets populated there will be a lot of scrolling.

Site is looking good, but could we have a more compact skin when using 'browse mods' (or even just an option).

Right now I seem to spend most of my time scrolling the page, fine whilst there are just a view mods but once it gets populated there will be a lot of scrolling.

The browse page will be easier to use in the future.

I implemented "instant click", which means that Kerbal Stuff now starts loading pages once it thinks you're going to click links to them, but before you actually click them. The effect of this is that browsing the site now feels pretty much instantaneous. It's a big change, though, so please let me know if you notice anything new that has been broken because of this.

Fixed this issue, thanks for reporting it.

DUDE THIS ROCKS!!! I just tried it and it's literally the fastest website I've ever visited! :D :D :D

Thanks for the insta-click :) Just one thing I would like:

Remove the "Download Latest Version" button from the description box. There's already a download button on the right, no need for a second one.

Thanks for the insta-click :) Just one thing I would like:

Remove the "Download Latest Version" button from the description box. There's already a download button on the right, no need for a second one.

No, I think the big download button is important.

Was able to login normally, maybe your username field is case sensitive?

Indeed it is. The registration is case-insensitive, though, so no one can register your name in all caps or anything.

Question: When I hit "Browse", it shows 3 categories (featured, newest, top). It doesn't give the impression that these are all the mods on the site, nor is there anything that suggests a way to browse all mods.

Is there a way to look at an exhaustive list of *all* mods, sorted by, say, last update?

I've registered on the site without problems.

I really like it, far better then you know what, I would like to suggest a few things.

On the first page where it says 'for users' and 'for modders' I would include a little link to another webpage titled how to get started with modding, and list software requirements for things like parts modelling ect. Maybe label the link 'getting started?' Or something. Just a thought to help grow the modding community.

On the first page where it says 'for users' and 'for modders' I would include a little link to another webpage titled how to get started with modding, and list software requirements for things like parts modelling ect. Maybe label the link 'getting started?' Or something. Just a thought to help grow the modding community.

I don't really agree with this. It's a mod hosting site, so if a modder intends to use the site he already has something ready that he wants to host, which means he already got started. Plus, all the information is available in the modding section of the forum that is a much better place for that.

I don't really agree with this. It's a mod hosting site, so if a modder intends to use the site he already has something ready that he wants to host, which means he already got started. Plus, all the information is available in the modding section of the forum that is a much better place for that.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Tried to upload a mod today and get a a bad request error (400): "The browser (or proxy) sent a request that this server could not understand."

Going back made javascript thing works but no upload is possible any more and 'continue' button is grayed.

EDIT: know why, accidentaly upload a rar archive.

I guess there is room for error management improvement :)

By the way, upload data should be the same as media, to be sure upload was ok (maybe some checksums could be added to be sure there was no transfer error + mod has not be modified in any way).

Edited by Justin Kerbice
add potential error reason

Question: When I hit "Browse", it shows 3 categories (featured, newest, top). It doesn't give the impression that these are all the mods on the site, nor is there anything that suggests a way to browse all mods.

Is there a way to look at an exhaustive list of *all* mods, sorted by, say, last update?

No, there is not. If you had read my TODO list (which is linked to in the very first post of this thread), you'd know that plans to improve the browsability of the site are in place.

Tried to upload a mod today and get a a bad request error (400): "The browser (or proxy) sent a request that this server could not understand."

Going back made javascript thing works but no upload is possible any more and 'continue' button is grayed.

EDIT: know why, accidentaly upload a rar archive.

I guess there is room for error management improvement

By the way, upload data should be the same as media, to be sure upload was ok (maybe some checksums could be added to be sure there was no transfer error + mod has not be modified in any way).

Yeah, improving error messaging is in my plans. What do you mean by "upload data should be the same as media"?

Yeah, improving error messaging is in my plans. What do you mean by "upload data should be the same as media"?

data = mod archive.

And instead of upload them as the final step when press continue button, we may have a progress bar and an "upload complete" msg. then we'll have to press continue to end the process.

This last step could be multiplied by X times (X an hard limit to set, up to you) to add companion files like templates, crafts, alternate configs, ... All things we don't want, for any reason, inside the main archive (rarely use files or very specific configs, to lower mod size for the most common usage, ie providing an alternate super high-res tex pack which increase the total download size by 50 MB but being actually used by 3 people)

data = mod archive.

And instead of upload them as the final step when press continue button, we may have a progress bar and an "upload complete" msg. then we'll have to press continue to end the process.

This last step could be multiplied by X times (X an hard limit to set, up to you) to add companion files like templates, crafts, alternate configs, ... All things we don't want, for any reason, inside the main archive (rarely use files or very specific configs, to lower mod size for the most common usage, ie providing an alternate super high-res tex pack which increase the total download size by 50 MB but being actually used by 3 people)

I will consider it, but don't expect something like that to happen soon.

It should be top priority in my opinion, but you already knew that :P

If you think anything should be a higher priority than I think it should be, feel free to implement it youself :)