Kerbal Stuff, an open-source Space Port replacement

SirCmpwn

Sorry for the double post, but figured this would be nice for you guys to see:

rm9KY3OSUXGA.png

mnIsW4z7nfG0.png

J1mUg-Q_UZEo.png

Outdated mods now have an option to retarget the latest version to the newest version of KSP.

Edited by SirCmpwn

Is there an API?

I was going (and started) to make my own open source space port rewrite. The main reason being I wanted a backend for mod managers. I have about 20+ mods installed and keeping track of them (especially as their folders are named badly sometimes) is very hard.

If not would you be willing to expect a pull request if I forked it and added an API to access: the users account details; the users list of mods; the support version for each mod; the mods version.

This would let me write a mod manager to automatically keep track of what mods I have installed and also when each mod is updated to support a new version of KSP. (as my current update plan consists of deleting my GameData folder and reinstalling KSP)

Is there an API?

I was going (and started) to make my own open source space port rewrite. The main reason being I wanted a backend for mod managers. I have about 20+ mods installed and keeping track of them (especially as their folders are named badly sometimes) is very hard.

If not would you be willing to expect a pull request if I forked it and added an API to access: the users account details; the users list of mods; the support version for each mod; the mods version.

This would let me write a mod manager to automatically keep track of what mods I have installed and also when each mod is updated to support a new version of KSP. (as my current update plan consists of deleting my GameData folder and reinstalling KSP)

There is a work in progress API, currently the only thing implemented is search: http://beta.kerbalstuff.com/api/search?query=fasa

The relevant code is here. I also started working on a mod manager here.

Pull requests welcome.

DOWN WITH CURSE! DEATH TO LIMITED DOWNLOAD SPEED AND HORRIBLE UI! -- I'll put this in my sig. KerbalStuff is the best thing that ever happened to me in my modding career! :)

(If you support my idea, put the "down with curse" thing in your signature, too! Reply with quote to me, then copy it from there. Otherwise, I don't know if the link will work. :wink:

Let's show everyone that Kerbal Stuff is the way to go! :D

Minor update: login is now case-insensitive. I might also let modders reorder and delete versions now, which will allow you to upload historical versions.

And thanks for the support in your signatures, guys :)

I tried uploading Firespitter just now, but got Error 400 after the file upload step.

"Bad Request

The browser (or proxy) sent a request that this server could not understand."

(Using Chrome)

I tried uploading Firespitter just now, but got Error 400 after the file upload step.

"Bad Request

(Using Chrome)

Which format did you upload ? Server/web app only accept zip AFAIK.

I get the same error with a rar archive.

"Bad Request

(Using Chrome)

Can you get in touch on IRC to troubleshoot?

Why do we need six download sites

How are Nexus or KerbalStuff better than Curse

How are Dropbox, Mediafire, and Mega.co.nz unusable now

Because some people would really, really not like to use Curse, and want the features a modding-specific download site would provide (as opposed to Dropbox and co., which just host a file, and are useless for *finding* mods).

Because some people would really, really not like to use Curse, and want the features a modding-specific download site would provide (as opposed to Dropbox and co., which just host a file, and are useless for *finding* mods).
Hint: The forum has most mods already.