Kerbal Stuff, an open-source Space Port replacement

SirCmpwn

So far I'm really liking Kerbal Stuff a lot... :) Just one thing to report though:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet-- it looks like the list of "new mods" on the front page is based on project creation date, not when it's published. I just published my new mod tonight, but it missed its chance to be on the front page because I created the project 24 hours earlier, and 3 new mods popped up during that time. Just wondering if that was by design (and why, if that's the case), or if that's a bug.

Edited by NecroBones

[suggestion] Show a "@" in front of the twitter account input field, or don´t add it in front of the typed name. I ended up having two "@" in front of my twittername :D Some of us are actually smart enough to remember to place "@" in front^^

[compliment] I really love the fact, that I don´t have to wait like an idiot for my download to start, starring at a pointless counter. AND that I get notified if a newer version of MY downloaded mods appear.

So I will go on spreading the good news about an actual "whitehat" mod site. :D

Whoops, missed some posts in this thread. Forum isn't sending notification emails properly.

I came here to mention some API changes: https://github.com/KerbalStuff/KerbalStuff/issues/56

So far I'm really liking Kerbal Stuff a lot... :) Just one thing to report though:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet-- it looks like the list of "new mods" on the front page is based on project creation date, not when it's published. I just published my new mod tonight, but it missed its chance to be on the front page because I created the project 24 hours earlier, and 3 new mods popped up during that time. Just wondering if that was by design (and why, if that's the case), or if that's a bug.

https://github.com/KerbalStuff/KerbalStuff/issues/58

1) Thanx for what you do !

2) [suggestion] Don't show "Register" frame down below main page if user is already registered. I just got confused with it :D

https://github.com/KerbalStuff/KerbalStuff/issues/59

[suggestion] Show a "@" in front of the twitter account input field, or don´t add it in front of the typed name. I ended up having two "@" in front of my twittername :D Some of us are actually smart enough to remember to place "@" in front^^

[compliment] I really love the fact, that I don´t have to wait like an idiot for my download to start, starring at a pointless counter. AND that I get notified if a newer version of MY downloaded mods appear.

So I will go on spreading the good news about an actual "whitehat" mod site. :D

Yeah, I know that's a bit of a problem with the twitter usernames. https://github.com/KerbalStuff/KerbalStuff/issues/60

Would Kerbal Stuff be interested in hosting our intended KSP Essentials Mod Pack

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94353-WIP-Inigma-s-KSP-Essentials-Mod-List-%28in-Testing%29

Sure.

You know, rather than redistributing mods as "mod packs", I always wondered whether a solution like KerbalStuff would allow users to create 'virtual modpacks' - in the form of a list of mods that downloaded as a complete set?

Dunno if that's on your radar, SirCmpwn? I'd imagine it's fraught with difficulty given differences in practice in how modders package their zip files (some include GameData folder, some don't, others are installed in root, etc).

Still loving the site. I think it does a great job and I'm happy to see it gaining popularity.

You know, rather than redistributing mods as "mod packs", I always wondered whether a solution like KerbalStuff would allow users to create 'virtual modpacks' - in the form of a list of mods that downloaded as a complete set?

Dunno if that's on your radar, SirCmpwn? I'd imagine it's fraught with difficulty given differences in practice in how modders package their zip files (some include GameData folder, some don't, others are installed in root, etc).

Still loving the site. I think it does a great job and I'm happy to see it gaining popularity.

I am working on that right this second. Though not quite so sophisticated as to merge zip files, at least not yet.

Hi

I'm having trouble uploading a new .zip. I emailed support@ a few days ago, but have yet to hear anything back and I still can't upload as of a few minutes ago:

Once I’ve selected the zip file and hit the Publish button, the progress bar gets to 100% and a little box underneath says ‘undefined’ in pink. Tried Chrome and IE - same behaviour, except Chrome just gave the pink box without the undefined message.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Hi

I'm having trouble uploading a new .zip. I emailed support@ a few days ago, but have yet to hear anything back and I still can't upload as of a few minutes ago:

Once I’ve selected the zip file and hit the Publish button, the progress bar gets to 100% and a little box underneath says ‘undefined’ in pink. Tried Chrome and IE - same behaviour, except Chrome just gave the pink box without the undefined message.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Can you send another email to support@? I may have missed it.

There was some brief instability today while we rolled out some performance enhancements. Downloads are now served more efficiently, and they no longer spam the error logs. If you notice any latent issues, please poke me on IRC.

[EDIT] IPv6 is now working again. Plus, a few more performance improvements on the server side of things.

Edited by Majiir

I think the software side of things is pretty much done. The site is more or less complete, it provides all the functionality it needs to, and it's stable and featureful. The choice between Kerbal Stuff and Curse is quite clear, and I'm happy with it. I am moving into a maintainer role, rather than doing active development on the site. I'll handle bug fixes, but new features will come from the community. Feel free to submit pull requests and step up to support the features you desire. I'll be moving on to other projects now that this one is more or less done.

I'm kinda disappointed that Squad added a direct link to Curse in the main UI of 0.25.

KerbalStuff has done great progress, and is now so much better. Why not recognizing it as a very viable mod repository too? :(

I'm kinda disappointed that Squad added a direct link to Curse in the main UI of 0.25.

KerbalStuff has done great progress, and is now so much better. Why not recognizing it as a very viable mod repository too? :(

I wonder if some of the popular modders could override the curse link with a KS link :rolleyes:

Because they have a legal contract with Curse, and now they have to. I was surprised they even mentioned it in the other day's post, it's even more than I expected them to do.